Thread: Sacrifical pact

Sacrifical pact

Glyph of Demon Training+ Sacrificial pact better than Dark Bargain? On Blade lord heroic i take no dmg at all from unseen strike with this bubble and it is up every time. Even DB is an amazing oh shit button it also has a 3min cd^-^
    Last edited by nightrianna; 2012-11-17 at 12:49 AM.

Is your raid having survivability issues on this fight already? Or dps issues? It's really hard to answer something like that with so little information.
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    You kill any fury you have anytime you use DA, I doubt this is a good idea unless you can make sure you are out of fury every time he uses it. I doubt *that* would lead to decent DPS though. I suppose dead DPS = 0 but if your healers can't keep you up through normal fight mechanics something is wrong that shouldn't be your task to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You kill any fury you have anytime you use DA, I doubt this is a good idea unless you can make sure you are out of fury every time he uses it. I doubt *that* would lead to decent DPS though. I suppose dead DPS = 0 but if your healers can't keep you up through normal fight mechanics something is wrong that shouldn't be your task to fix.
    i think he means glyph of demon training for the 20% more felguard HP.

opps i meant training sorry xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNMADDEN View Post
    i think he means glyph of demon training for the 20% more felguard HP.
    Should have guessed that >.<

Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    opps i meant training sorry xD
    Edit your original post then to avoid confusion for everyone that might come to this thread

On topic: well good, not like Demo has glyphs they need for anything so if you can use this then perfect. Good tip.

Demon Training=Increase health to felguard and your shield, Healthstone combined with Dark Regen=0% to 100%, and Imp Swarm seems like a huge dps increase for me(going off my personal exp then sims because were all not computers^-^) lines up with dark soul at 4piece ... I would use glyph of corruption only when i am using Soul Leech. my personal choice of glyphs on annhilare

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Training=Increase health to felguard and your shield, Healthstone combined with Dark Regen=0% to 100%, and Imp Swarm seems like a huge dps increase for me(going off my personal exp then sims because were all not computers^-^) lines up with dark soul at 4piece ... I would use glyph of corruption only when i am using Soul Leech. my personal choice of glyphs on annhilare
    Glyph of what? o.O You should really take a bit of time and learn what the glyphs are actually called xD

Going to assume you mean Siphon Life cause it's the only one working with corruption. Yeah not sure it's worth much in general, have heard mixed reactions about it, and haven't actually checked my own data to see how much it does.

I'd take dark bargain over sac pact any day even as demo. you just twilight ward the damage you take afterwards and call it a day

The idea in herocis is to give healers less strain and dark bargain doesn't help and it isn't up all the time whenever you need it^-^ also not all the dmg in this tier is shadow and holy dmg soooooo really amazing in endless though^-^

The idea in herocis is to give healers less strain and dark bargain doesn't help and it isn't up all the time whenever you need it^-^ also not all the dmg in this tier is shadow and holy dmg soooooo really amazing in endless though^-^
    Dark Bargain causes you to take 50% of the damage you take while invulnerable as shadow damage over the next 6 or 8 seconds. It lets you effectively absorb 2x the twilight ward absorb from any damage school taken and any boss ability.

Dark Bargain and Sacrificial Pact both has their uses. DB is a better "OH S****"-button since it can absorb an infinite amount of damage (of course the dot may kill you afterwards) and the damage dot afterwards can be offset by using Twilight Ward and Dark Regen/Healthstone. SP on the other hand is a somewhat more reliable tool as it can be used 3 times as often and is better for absorbing more continual damage.

As for some more specific examples; Elegon and Blade Lord Ta'yak heroic.
    En Elegon you need a rotation of people to absorb the explosion of the Protectors, here Dark Bargain easily wins out because you need to absorb one large hit once or twice. DB absorbs all the damage which means you also won't take the stun from being below 80% health. SP on the other hand would bring you to half health and require a healer to step out and get you up.

Blade Lord Ta'yak uses his Unseen Strike that needs to be mitigated every minute, since this happens much more often SP wins out as the cooldown is equal to the cooldown of Unseen Strike and is up every time. The damage of each strike is also of less significance than Elegon's Total Annihilation and SP's lower absorb amount is more than enough. On our kills SP combined together with a disc priest's shields was actually more than necessary to not take a single point of damage, even without priest shields, SP would be enough to offset almost all incoming damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never actually realised sac pact has 1/3rd the cooldown of Dark bargain... Will try it out for windlord for sure.