15+ Year Old Account

Newbie Warlock Questions

Hi. I'm new to the warlock class, and I'm currently level 46.

1. Which pet (minus Felguard) is the most effective for questing?

2. What 3 talents should I choose to decrease downtime while questing?

3. I'm currently going back and forth with Affliction and Destruction (I don't like Demonology), which one do you prefer for leveling?

4. At 90, what is a decent spec for battleground farming?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Ibbi; 2012-11-16 at 09:06 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

1. Voidwalker
    2. Dark Regen, Shadowfury/Mortal Coil, Soul Link
    3. Affliction. For dailies at 90, demonology.
    4. Destruction is the current OP spec due to aftermath procs, Ember Tap, great aoe, excellent burst.

1. It really depends which spec you are running, But voidwalker can be helpful if you are questing about your level and need extra help, otherwise take a dps pet.
    2. I like soul leech if you are channeling mg a bit, Dark regen if you are taking more damage, Harvest Life if (depending on which spec and how many mobs you are pulling at a time)
    3. I usually play everything as Afflicition, If you decide to use a pet, Take Grim of Supremacy as sac will do you no good.
    4. Destruction is the spec right now, But i've also had fun playing Demo in random bgs ( just assuming you are farming honor )

If you have any extra questions there are great stickies at the top of the forum that are helpful or feel free to PM me.
    Cyner#1996

Deleted
    1. Voidwalker
    2. Dark Regen, Mortal Coil, Dark Bargain
    3. Affliction all day erry day.
    4. I've dabbled in both affliction and destro - destro is probably the one I'd recommend, in random BGs if you can get left alone and not focused on, you can do some lovely things as destro - make full use of shadowburn.

1. Voidwalker for sure (you may want to get the superior version it does a nice amount of damage when surrounded which it will be)
    2. dark regen if you really want to but soul leech should be enough considering you wont be taking much damage, rest is to your pref but id say shadowfury
    3.aff, dot everything and watch them die
    4. destro your hard to kill with a lot of defensive cds if you manage them well

At low levels you guys still recommend affliction over the other specs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotics View Post
    At low levels you guys still recommend affliction over the other specs?
    Absolutely. It's way ahead of the curve at any level.

So my damage kinda sucks at low levels in a dungeon even with heirloom gear(no staff however). I think this is just because most stuff dies before I can DoT everything up and I don't have a rounded out ability set. Should this improve as I level up and stuff in dungeons takes longer to kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwick View Post
    1. Voidwalker
    2. Dark Regen, Shadowfury/Mortal Coil, Soul Link
    3. Affliction. For dailies at 90, demonology.
    4. Destruction is the current OP spec due to aftermath procs, Ember Tap, great aoe, excellent burst.
    Totally agree with this. You can't really beat Demo for dailies.