Poll: Is WoW fun?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The game is still very fun, even thou I don't play it as much anymore and don't really have the time to focus on hardcore raiding, which is what I think is the most fun. There are plenty to do, and the lore keeps me quite active.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaphas View Post
    All content rewards Valor, Valor can't be spent without Reputation, Reputation can't be earned without daily quests. Therefore all content requires daily quests to get the rewards you earned. If they were optional, people who hate doing them wouldn't feel obligated to.
    The common misconception that having something means you have to spend it.

You can twist it and turn it all you like, but it boils down to two simple things; Want epics from rep? Grind rep. Want them but can't be assed to grind for them, don't grind for them and don't get them. It's not mandatory, whatever anybody says. By now in the expansion you should have full Heroic gear or better if that's your aim (Craftables also accounted for) and LFR should be accessible. If you don't have full Heroic Gear, chances are higher than likely you'll enter a HC with people who do, just running for points and you'll easilly gear that way.

What I'm often seeing is "I want to raid but can't get VP Epics from factions 'cause I CBA to grind dailies" well if you want to raid, Heroic gear is just as fine and you'll get epics all the same. Unless your group has trouble in raids with full HC gear, then it's time to find a new group rather than complain about your gear...

Another one is "I don't raid but want the best gear I can get without raiding. Dailies restrict me from doing this" - I am not sure how anyone can justify that arguement to themselves but let's deal with it anyhow, yeah? So you don't raid, you like to progress your character 'cause it feels nice, yeah? Alright, but since you're not restricted directly by a timetable to aquire certain items, what's stopping you from just taking it really, really slow with the dailies? Nobody says you should do every possible one every day (But if you had, you'd be done by now! =P). "I want to avoid them all together! Epics without work!" okay, okay, how about craftables then? It's probably the best sollution available for you! There's plenty to chose from and should keep you occupied with either aquiring them, the mats, the gold to purchase them or the skill in the crafts to craft them.

"I don't want to craft epics, I don't want to buy them either and I don't want to do dailies for them!" well what do you want to do to GET them, then? "Dungeons!" Well you already get some really sweet blues in dungeons, not much worse than craftable epics - or VP epics tbh.. Enough to enter LFR an-- "I said I did'nt want to raid!" - alright, alright, my mistake. Well then you can aquire those blues in dungeons. "I said EPICS!" sorry! Sorry, right..

---

... But you can also get some awesome blues by doing scen-- "NO BLEWS!" OKAY! FINE! *Opens petition for Blizzard to change all rare quality items to purple and rename them 'epics' then to change all purple quality to orange and call them 'super epics' and all legendary to, i'unno, dark red and keep the name "Legendaries"*

---

Although.. I guess we'd just get to the problem of "I want Super epics without doing dailies"...

I give up. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, tons. I'm having the most fun since Wrath for me personally.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It's still fairly good, but it's getting old. There are some things that just kind of feel old, like the concept of mana as a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    There is so much more to do in this expansion. Instead of mindlessly running dungeons, there are quests, and dailies, LFR, Scenarios, Pet Battles, and so much more. There is no longer an excuse for being bored and sitting around town polishing armor while trolling Trade chat waiting for a queue to pop. I can't wait to see what's next!
    I liked running dungeons. It involved actually working with other people to overcome some kind of challenge, which, while easy, there was at least some realistic chance of failing. Quests and daily quests are repetitive and insultingly easy. LFR is so easy that you can go AFK for entire fights and it won't matter. Scenarios are just instanced quests, so see above. Pet battles are somewhat fun, but get repetitive quickly. So if I don't want to do quests or scenarios, and I no longer get anything from running dungeons, I'm left logging on twice weekly to raid, and otherwise have nothing to do.

Pandaria isn't bad, but I liked Cataclysm better. At least in Cataclysm I had something to do.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Yes i still find it fun. Not as fun as it was when i enjoyed it the most though

Deleted
    I'm still enjoying it, but it's just very easy to burn out quickly if you do too much at one time, for myself anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    You can twist it and turn it all you like, but it boils down to two simple things; Want epics from rep? Grind rep. Want them but can't be assed to grind for them, don't grind for them and don't get them. It's not mandatory, whatever anybody says.
    You're missing the point. Valor/badge gear has been around since TBC, and never required any reputations to spend. Now suddenly it does. If the valor gear from rep had been a new thing, people wouldn't mind so much, but it's not. It's an old thing that has been around for years and which now suddenly has a new requirement. So to get what you had before, you now have to jump through more hoops. Since the alternative is to get less than you did before, people feel forced to jump through those hoops. Blizzard didn't add something new as a reward for doing dailies. They took something that was already in the game, tacked a new requirement on it, and pretended it was now something entirely new.

Being upset about it is not an irrational point of view (all "it's just a game" arguments aside). If at your job you were told that you could keep the same pay as before, but only if you also did something in addition to what you did before, you'd quite naturally feel that you had to do it. You could choose not to do it and live with lower pay, but you would probably be rather upset about it. Especially if everyone refused to acknowledge the fact that you had been given more work or lower pay, simply because you had been allowed to choose between the two.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

No i dont think wow is still fun, i used to be a full time pver and im done with pve is just not fun anymore, i havent entered a raid in over a month. So i got into pvp and pvp is not fun unless you are a warrior, mage or a healer, if you play anything else you will feel nothing but frustrated, there are too many instant cc's you dont control your toon pretty much 20% of the time, not to mention warriors and mages do way too much dmg.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2012-11-16 at 10:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavelon View Post
    I'm still enjoying it, but it's just very easy to burn out quickly if you do too much at one time, for myself anyway.
    Oh, this I can certainly agree to. After hitting Exalted with every faction and Best Friends with every possible Tiller Character and Nat Pagle, I was done for and out about questing for a while. I had the same with pet battles but that was mostly 'cause of dumb greed. I'd buy up level 1 rare pets for 1-5k gold, power level them in a few hours using 2 undead support pets against wild pets and sell them for a 10-20k profit in most cases. (Oh Darkmoon Tonk, Clockwork Gnome and Landro's Lichling, how I've bought and sold you three so many many times..) and that's why I still have, what's his name? Eric Davidson or something in my account quest log.. I burnt out on pet battles too fast.

Nonetheless, I'm not done with everything or such. Having loads of fun, playing with my friends and fiancé. And with the promises of what's to come in 5.1 I'm already working on getting 'ready' for that, too. Come to think of it, I should log in and work on capping my Valor so I can upgrade gear in 5.1..... Dammit! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, and like every other expansion since TBC, I wont be back untill ".3", when I usualy catch up with the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Having played this game for years and years, it is becoming less and less fun for me. I don't think that is burnout so much as it is that I just don't find the majority of what is offered to be entertaining.

I know this gets beat on like a dead horse, but dailies are something that I absolutely loathe. I have always hated them since they were first implemented. I've always pretty much refused to do them. Luckily, they haven't been mandatory for progression and gearing with only a couple of exceptions. Now, I'm pretty much forced to do them and I'm to the point where I just gave up. I hate them and can't stand to do them anymore.

The only thing that really holds any interest for me anymore is the raiding. Luckily, this is a good tier because FL and DS made me want to gouge my eyes out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    You're missing the point. Valor/badge gear has been around since TBC, and never required any reputations to spend. Now suddenly it does. If the valor gear from rep had been a new thing, people wouldn't mind so much, but it's not. It's an old thing that has been around for years and which now suddenly has a new requirement. So to get what you had before, you now have to jump through more hoops. Since the alternative is to get less than you did before, people feel forced to jump through those hoops. Blizzard didn't add something new as a reward for doing dailies. They took something that was already in the game, tacked a new requirement on it, and pretended it was now something entirely new.

Being upset about it is not an irrational point of view (all "it's just a game" arguments aside). If at your job you were told that you could keep the same pay as before, but only if you also did something in addition to what you did before, you'd quite naturally feel that you had to do it. You could choose not to do it and live with lower pay, but you would probably be rather upset about it. Especially if everyone refused to acknowledge the fact that you had been given more work or lower pay, simply because you had been allowed to choose between the two.
    While I strongly and wholeheartedly applaud the constructive nature of your post - and sincerely sympathize with your situration - I still think you outlined the flaw in itself in an unintended way. If I am not mistaken, I believe Blizzard was very clear on why the change was made, because gear that was meant to be harder to obtain had become too easy. It had become too strong of a preferable option to just gather valor without any true effort other than performing an action you were already planning to do (Dungeons). That effectively put every egg in one basket and there was little point to do anything else as it was simply easier to 'stroll' your way to epics.

And while I am not one to judge weither it's a good or a bad thing, it takes me back to the "Minimal effort for maximum reward" point in my first post. You want a reward for something without doing what the game asks you to, to aquire it. The items are desireable, for sure, but not required directly. It's not mandatory, it's optional. And regarding your point of a work and pay, then you're forgetting that effectively translates valor point items into your paycheck. What you're then suggesting is not exactly accurate anymore, as you still recieve a 'payment' for doing your old chores but you have the option of aquiring more for performing an extra task, but you're not 'fired' for not performing the old task either, are you? Theoretically, you can get full Valor Gear by doing JUST dailies and ignoring dungeons and raids all together, right? Won't that then - hypothetically - translate into you doing LESS labour for MORE reward? See the flaw? =)

But again, I truely applaud you for being constructive atleast. I just cannot see eye-to-eye with your points since I am not viewing it as a penalty to perform extra content and unlock better rewards, but as a bonus if you have the dedication for it. Otherwise, raiding is even a far better and more viable sollution of aquiring the same or better rewards.

It all still comes down to the idea that you can work for something if you want the rewards, but can also skip it if you don't want them badly enough, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    There is so much more to do in this expansion. Instead of mindlessly running dungeons, there are quests, and dailies, LFR, Scenarios, Pet Battles, and so much more. There is no longer an excuse for being bored and sitting around town polishing armor while trolling Trade chat waiting for a queue to pop. I can't wait to see what's next!
    You still mindlessly run dungeons. There have always been quests, there have always been dailies, which is usually the same of 1 of 2-3 quests over and over and over. LFR is one of the many things that have ruined this game and scenarios are boring and uninteresting. Don't get me started on Pokemon.

ARe there more options? Yes. Are the options fun? God no. You still farm dungeons, you have to farm rep [2-3 hours a day], LFR is just free loot where you can literally do nothing and walk out with purples. Scenarios are fun for about 1 run through each.

This game blows.

It's fun enough. Will it keep me subbed? Who knows.

I don't mind the dailies as they're presented, and enjoy the fact that I don't need to be in a guild and therefore playing on a schedule to see all there is to see.

It lost me even faster than Cataclysm did, which is some accomplishment.

Judging by xfire and warcraftrealms (lol) numbers, I'm not alone in that.

Their basic problem is that they were frantically trying to find new end game activities that were engaging, fun, and sustainable, but they came up with nothing.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2012-11-16 at 11:20 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

increasingly less fun

I think there is more bad than good in this expansion but there is enough good to keep me playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only get out of something what you put into it. Sometimes fun takes a bit of work. Like lego.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    You only get out of something what you put into it. Sometimes fun takes a bit of work. Like lego.
    But lego also comes in pre-modelled packages! =O

Although I agree with your statement ;P Sometimes, more often than not optimally, fun is discovered and created, not served and swallowed :P

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "Fun" is a rather personal perception. Look at the QQ on the forums and you think nobody is having fun. Then again, it is no different than in all the years before and a good deal of people come here to tell the complainers to get a grip.
    On the other hand, you also see the "forum QQ is not representative!" apologists, even when it turns out there was a real problem.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

To be honest, No.. all of this panda stuff kinda bores me. And at some point there is pretty much nothing else to do except doing raids.