The Lost Shore's Event; Captain's Council Commendations

I've only been able to gather 1-2 at a time forging stuff at the Mystic Forge. Anyone else able to craft things to get more then that? This is taking bloody' forever to farm them.

Higher quality items give more commendations. For example 3 level 70 exotics give up to 550.

I got 8 from throwing in 3 random blues. The rewards suck though. But its a cheap way to get tier 3 lions arch weapons :/

115 badges here, but the items are crap skins from LA. Much cheaper to use the tier 1 karma vendor since they all have same skin. (1,300 badges vs 9,300 karma) Oh gee lemme think..herpderp

Step 1: get any weapon. step 2: go to fort marriner and see the Tier 1 karma vendor. step 3 use transmutation stone.

Oh and..250 badges for 1 key? Lol I think people learned their lesson from Halloween event.

Cheap Exotic weapons, if you have a bunch of shit lying around. But whatever, optional shit is optional.

Anyone know what the other stuff makes? Like ore, wood, food, etc.? And where do you spend the commendations?

Deleted
    You spend them on the plaza at the npc in the middle (where the lion should be)

But as others have said, the items are not really worth it - you can get the skin for 9800 karma. perhaps black lion keys could be interesting, in case they add skins on wintersday.

the 20 slot boxes for fractal fragments on the other hand...

Food takes 3X10 pieces of food (10 pieces of 3 types) and only nets you 1 commendation from the couple I tried. Didnt try any really high lvl stuff as I'm not going to waste something like omnommberries when I could easily get 8 commendations off the random blue items that drop like candy any time I kill something and more for the better stuff.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Food takes 3X10 pieces of food (10 pieces of 3 types) and only nets you 1 commendation from the couple I tried.
    Darn, I was hoping for a worthwhile use for all my walnuts and butter. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2RPa7bQ3PM

Nice little video showing the different ways, and how many you can get. Numbers are random but within a range, at a guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    115 badges here, but the items are crap skins from LA. Much cheaper to use the tier 1 karma vendor since they all have same skin. (1,300 badges vs 9,300 karma) Oh gee lemme think..herpderp

Step 1: get any weapon. step 2: go to fort marriner and see the Tier 1 karma vendor. step 3 use transmutation stone.

Oh and..250 badges for 1 key? Lol I think people learned their lesson from Halloween event.
    You do know all those skins from the commendation vendor are the same, don't you?
    So it's not nessecary to buy the exotic item if it's just the skin you're after.
    I bought the lvl 40 item for 25 commendations and transmuted it.

About obtaining them: I fooled around last night, but untill now I was only able to turn in weapons.
    Got 8 commendation for three blues I made and 12 commendations for three greens.
    Tried to turn in wood planks/metal bars, but it didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    You spend them on the plaza at the npc in the middle (where the lion should be)
    I must be blind, I cannot find this vendor. Do you actually have to have a commendation in your inventory before s/he has an option to display items? Everyone I've talked to in the center of LA only has dialog options, nothing for sale.

Edit: Nevermind. :P It's Lionguard Lyns, and you do have to have commendations for her to display the option to view the wares.
    Last edited by Lane; 2012-11-17 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spending them all on 250charge gathering tools. Bought my LA weapons ages ago. Keys seem too pricey for me.

I havent done the math but I think Im saving a tiny bit on the cost of the tools.. Worth it anyway for the extra inventory space.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Spending them all on 250charge gathering tools. Bought my LA weapons ages ago. Keys seem too pricey for me.
    Nothing good drops from lions arch chest so its a waste.

Deleted
    http://dulfy.net/2012/11/17/gw2-capt...dations-guide/

if you haven't bookmarked dulfy.net by now ...

I've spent over 37g making level 65 rare trinkets and getting 200 commendations/3 trinkets or 35s. I now have 70 keys ready to open chests during next month's event. I also bought salvage kits, mithril and orichalcum tools to last a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Nothing good drops from lions arch chest so its a waste.
    Eh... You can get up to 80s (highest I've gotten) from them, and you have a chance to get any other item in the trading post (obviously some of said items are chances are RIDICULOUSLY small), to each their own though.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cospaok View Post
    I've spent over 37g making level 65 rare trinkets and getting 200 commendations/3 trinkets or 35s. I now have 70 keys ready to open chests during next month's event. I also bought salvage kits, mithril and orichalcum tools to last a few months.
    Well someone is most certainly prepared...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by cospaok View Post
    You're hoping the christmas stuff is from regular chests instead of an event chest like this time? (Me too, though I don't have that many, I'm saving my keys up)