Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't look like you're alone. I saw your post on the FTB forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's been a lil messy. Some people there kinda piss me off though. The amount of bitching at the FTB guys is ridiculous. These aren't paid developers, yet people act like they're "owed" something.... It's a relatively new operation they're running and they are bound to run into a few snags. (especially as this is gathering a large fanbase at a fast rate)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Yeah, it's been a lil messy. Some people there kinda piss me off though. The amount of bitching at the FTB guys is ridiculous. These aren't paid developers, yet people act like they're "owed" something.... It's a relatively new operation they're running and they are bound to run into a few snags. (especially as this is gathering a large fanbase at a fast rate)
    For sure. As for 1.4.5, it's out. IC2 has an open beta now that will be put into the modpack. Thermal Expansion 2 is also out. I expect RP2 any day now and FTB for 1.4.5 will be released.

Updating my mod list now.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it looks like its an issue with creeperhost (FTB's hosting company). When trying to DL the modpack zip file either through the launcher or directly, it times out and it ends up as an incomplete zip. So far the only thing I can do is wait for them to fix it, or grab the zip from someone who has it. (not many do since the launcher deletes it when it installs the mods)

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is a fix that seems to be working for some people.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thre...g-issues.2161/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Here is a fix that seems to be working for some people.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thre...g-issues.2161/
    Well, FTBs host seems to have fixed the prob on their end, it DLs through the launcher fine now. I don't use firefox anyways. But I have a new prob (may be just cause I'm new to these mods). Decided to see how engines worked, tried building some steam engines for an hour or so to no avail. I thought I was just doing something wrong. But I can't even get the redstone engine to work... and that just needs the redstone engine powered by redstone, right? ex:

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, FTBs host seems to have fixed the prob on their end, it DLs through the launcher fine now. I don't use firefox anyways. But I have a new prob (may be just cause I'm new to these mods). Decided to see how engines worked, tried building some steam engines for an hour or so to no avail. I thought I was just doing something wrong. But I can't even get the redstone engine to work... and that just needs the redstone engine powered by redstone, right?
    Connect it to a wooden pipe. Engines need to work on something in order to run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Connect it to a wooden pipe. Engines need to work on something in order to run.
    Ya, forgot to do that in the vid, but I did that and it still just sits there. Originally I was playing around with a quarry. I set up the land marks, lit up the little laser to make sure it was lined up, threw down the quarry itself (so far everything is working). I then threw down 4 steam engines (with a space between each) connected them with wood (off the engines themselves and on the quarry) and connected them with gold. Put coal in each of the engines, put a lever to each of them, then switched them on. Except they didn't turn on. Played around with it for a while, then decided to try the redstone engines. Replaced the steam ones and added the redstone ones, removing the levers and trying redstone torches. Nothing worked. (and yes, was using conductive pipes)

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya, forgot to do that in the vid, but I did that and it still just sits there. Originally I was playing around with a quarry. I set up the land marks, lit up the little laser to make sure it was lined up, threw down the quarry itself (so far everything is working). I then threw down 4 steam engines (with a space between each) connected them with wood (off the engines themselves and on the quarry) and connected them with gold. Put coal in each of the engines, put a lever to each of them, then switched them on. Except they didn't turn on. Played around with it for a while, then decided to try the redstone engines. Replaced the steam ones and added the redstone ones, removing the levers and trying redstone torches. Nothing worked. (and yes, was using conductive pipes)
    I dont think you can use wooden engines on conductive pipes anymore. Made you a video..

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think you can use wooden engines on conductive pipes anymore. Made you a video..

Hmm.. weird, your steam engines look different than mine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. weird, your steam engines look different than mine.
    Stirling engines are the traditional coal powered engines from buildcraft. The new steam engines are from railcraft and you need a boiler to run them. Thermal expansion also has a type of steam engine too that you need special things to run.

Look up "Stirling Engine" and you'll be fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Stirling engines are the traditional coal powered engines from buildcraft. The new steam engines are from railcraft and you need a boiler to run them. Thermal expansion also has a type of steam engine too that you need special things to run.

Look up "Stirling Engine" and you'll be fine
    son of a...... shame on me for trusting old tutorials..... Thanks you sooooo much, haha.

15+ Year Old Account
    son of a...... shame on me for trusting old tutorials..... Thanks you sooooo much, haha.
    yeah, they renamed them back in 1.3.2 hehe easy mistake!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, everything is working smooth now.... I think I'm really gonna enjoy this, as lond as I can keep up to date on stuff, lol!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, everything is working smooth now.... I think I'm really gonna enjoy this, as lond as I can keep up to date on stuff, lol!
    I would just lookup spotlight videos. Anything made before August of this year is out of date for the most part.

So I tried this, until now its great but for some reason I cant craft Chainsaw with normal industrialcraft recipe. anything changed? Also I cant change mode on Electrical Wrench.

This looks... really good. Being one of those people who came along to Tekkit just after Forestry was removed, it frustrates me to no end that it was removed. I just want to maintain an effective farm for my plants, damnit! Will definitely give this a go, assuming I can work the server setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So I tried this, until now its great but for some reason I cant craft Chainsaw with normal industrialcraft recipe. anything changed? Also I cant change mode on Electrical Wrench.
    FTB also includes GregTech, which from my understanding, makes things a little tougher to make. The chainsaw looks like one of these items. Right now (with gregtech) it shows it takes steel ignots to make the chainsaw yet I have found in numerous places that it's supposed to take refined iron.

FTB also includes GregTech, which from my understanding, makes things a little tougher to make. The chainsaw looks like one of these items. Right now (with gregtech) it shows it takes steel ignots to make the chainsaw yet I have found in numerous places that it's supposed to take refined iron.
    Yeah I was looking into that too. Apparently I need Blast Furnace to make steel ingots, and materials for that can only be harvested in nether, well it looks like I will have to handle it with bronze tools and nano-armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yeah I was looking into that too. Apparently I need Blast Furnace to make steel ingots, and materials for that can only be harvested in nether, well it looks like I will have to handle it with bronze tools and nano-armor.
    Yeah, the inclusion of GregTech into FTB seems to be a hot topic of the Feed the Beast Forums. Still up in the air whether it'll stay or not.