SWTOR F2P made me resub to WOW...

I payed real money for SWTOR few months back. I payed sub for 3 months. Today I desided to take a look what was going on and then... I discovered that my character had only 2 quickslot bars. When I had 4 filled before.

That was enough for me. I went to their forums and told them what I thought. Within 10 mins it was ofc gone and me banned but I still managed to get my point across.

Im never buying another EA or Bioware game ever again. When Im forced to buy Quickslot bars on a game I had already payed for.. then that company really deserves to be closed down on the spot.

I can understand being angry with EA over this but I'm not sure what WoW has to do with any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I can understand being angry with EA over this but I'm not sure what WoW has to do with any of it.
    I think he's saying that he'd rather support Blizzard.

Resubing to WoW was the product of his frustration. It's good story telling to add in extra details, it gives it substance.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I think he's saying that he'd rather support Blizzard.
    Ok that's fine but I guess what I'm stating, why does a failing of one game cause one to play another. I mean why aren't you playing WoW in the first place. And if you didn't like it whenever you quit, why would you return to it?

I suppose I just don't see the causation of one to another.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't forget bioware. They went down 50 notches after this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was/am very skeptical about this F2P option they are using. I've been subbed faithfully since Head-Start. I've enjoyed the game immensely as I'm a very story driven type of RPG'er. I didn't log in the yesterday when it released, honestly I was a bit scared of all the changes. Logged in today, really checked out everything and I'm am very surprised. I found that that Cash shop was really awesome. Offered some really cool things, and some stupid things but that's a cash shop for you.

I'm very pleased with how they did the cash shop. Of course cheap asses are going to complain about paying for stuff, because they somehow deserve it all. If 15$ is too much for you and you sit around complaining about it, you shouldn't be playing video games in the first place. Not knocking poor people that genuily can't afford 15$ a month, yet DO NOT complain about things like this.

I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I applaud EA/BW's effort in this. Very well done.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by duster2 View Post
    I payed real money for SWTOR few months back. I payed sub for 3 months. Today I desided to take a look what was going on and then... I discovered that my character had only 2 quickslot bars. When I had 4 filled before.

That was enough for me. I went to their forums and told them what I thought. Within 10 mins it was ofc gone and me banned but I still managed to get my point across.

Im never buying another EA or Bioware game ever again. When Im forced to buy Quickslot bars on a game I had already payed for.. then that company really deserves to be closed down on the spot.
    This post makes little sense. Didnt you already pay for wow? can you play that for free without a sub? (I dont know myself, but I think they have a trial of some sort) As you say you already paid for the game....

Yeah, paying a sub for another game is OK but playing another for free is totally outrageous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok that's fine but I guess what I'm stating, why does a failing of one game cause one to play another. I mean why aren't you playing WoW in the first place. And if you didn't like it whenever you quit, why would you return to it?

I suppose I just don't see the causation of one to another.
    First thing I thought too when I read the post. You dislike one game so you go back to another you quit for some reason or other. Yeah, I didn't get it either.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Though this thread will probably get closed since they're are so many F2P threads out right now, I do have to say I'm in the same boat (minus the WoW part, thinking of doing Rift ).

My friends and I were honestly thinking of coming back and subbing, but I just can't do it. Either call it an extended trial (which wouldn't have gotten me interested in the first place) or make it a true F2P model.

The amount of restrictions is ridiculous and I refuse to support a company who thinks its a "good idea." The fact that I cannot get my cartel coins unless I resub is what pushed me over though. Really?? Ugh, I just don't know what else to say about this game.

I'm very pleased with how they did the cash shop. Of course cheap asses are going to complain about paying for stuff, because they somehow deserve it all. If 15$ is too much for you and you sit around complaining about it, you shouldn't be playing video games in the first place. Not knocking poor people that genuily can't afford 15$ a month, yet DO NOT complain about things like this.
    Yes I understand that it's free, but to me its like someone offering me a hamburger, but then taking the actual meat out and leaving me with just the bun. Yes I can eat the bun and yes it's free, but I'm more likely to just say "what the fuck?" and walk off. Call it a first-world problem, but it's the world we live in and Bioware/EA are a business trying to make money.
    Last edited by justinram22; 2012-11-16 at 11:13 PM.

Yeah EA is horrible. End of story =/

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I paid for a month of Sub for SWTOR yesterday, just to have a look at it again. I got 450 cartel coins for my previous sub payments, and then was subsequently charged 450 cartel coins to transfer them to the cartel ledger, whatever that means. Basically I got nothing for my previous 3 or 4 months sub playtime. The F2play model is terrible, it was cheaper to pay for a month sub than buy everything I wanted. Kinda glad I didn't buy things with the F2play option also, as the server I am on just seems dead. Two hours in a Warzone queue and it didn't pop. Their F2play model is just too restrictive, its not going to do anything to revive the game.

Players:"there are no tanks"
    Bioware:"we are going to go F2P, more players so you should find groups easier"
    Me:"ah swtor is free to plAy. Back to my sith juggernaut. Dafuq? Only two action bars? How the hell am I supposed to key bind effectively with this?!"
    Bioware: "you can buy more action bars"
    Me:"you do realize GW2 just came out as did an expansion to WoW and Rift right"
    Bioware:"we have a jawa that dances"
    Me: "screw it"

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have stated there are other f2p threads. Please use those.