Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do I know about Brazil:

Well, the obvious first........ Edison Arantes do Nascimento, aka PELE!!!! The greatest football (soccer) player this world has ever seen.
    And of course, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka, Socrates, Zico, Garrincha, Falcao, Rivaldo, Taffarel and the list goes on.
    Brazil is arguably the country with the highest emphasis on technical difficulty and brilliance in Football.
    Socrates said a famous line in that regard: "Beauty comes first. Victory is secondary. What matters is joy"
    That sums up the way of Brazilian Football.
    And..... For football fans. the most famous stadium on Earth.... Maracanã.

National language is Portuguese.

Further more, Carnival. Outstanding celebration. The only country on Earth outperforming the Carnival in Europe (Germany/Switzerland).
    Beautiful people. particularly females are smoking sexy.
    Coffee, my favorite blend, Brazilian coffee.
    Samba.. Besides tango from Argentine, no other dance has as much heart, soul and sex in it's expression. It's a trademark.
    Lush tropical forests. Stunning landscape and beaches.
    Blooming economy. Which leads me to.....
    Unfortunately a fairly high below poverty line rate. Currently around 20%, which is lower tho as it was in 2005, where it peaked into the 30%. Yet it goes as high as 50% in rural regions, where people still live with less than $2.00 per day. But with the blooming strong economy the country seems to get out of the hole.

Pretty much what comes to my mind when I think of Brazil. Would definitely love to get there at least once for a vacation.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    they have a statue somewhere..
    Jesus, Rio deJaneiro
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-11-17 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    What do I know about Brazil:

Well, the obvious first........ Edison Arantes do Nascimento, aka PELE!!!! The greatest football (soccer) player this world has ever seen.
    And of course, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka, Socrates, Zico, Garrincha, Falcao, Rivaldo, Taffarel and the list goes on.
    Brazil is arguably the country with the highest emphasis on technical difficulty and brilliance in Football.
    Socrates said a famous line in that regard: "Beauty comes first. Victory is secondary. What matters is joy"
    That sums up the way of Brazilian Football.
    And..... For football fans. the most famous stadium on Earth.... Maracanã.

National language is Portuguese.

Further more, Carnival. Outstanding celebration. The only country on Earth outperforming the Carnival in Europe (Germany/Switzerland).
    Beautiful people. particularly females are smoking sexy.
    Coffee, my favorite blend, Brazilian coffee.
    Samba.. Besides tango from Argentine, no other dance has as much heart, soul and sex in it's expression. It's a trademark.
    Lush tropical forests. Stunning landscape and beaches.
    Blooming economy. Which leads me to.....
    Unfortunately a fairly high below poverty line rate. Currently around 20%, which is lower tho as it was in 2005, where it peaked into the 30%. Yet it goes as high as 50% in rural regions, where people still live with less than $2.00 per day. But with the blooming strong economy the country seems to get out of the hole.

Pretty much what comes to my mind when I think of Brazil. Would definitely love to get there at least once for a vacation.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 11:15 AM ----------

Jesus, Rio deJaneiro
    As said, it's not a requirement to know about other countries now a days ^^ I haven't had geography since 6th grade. Besiddes, I don't take notice to much outside my field of interest. So if they are in the news, well then I watch it. But if it's just an idle question, then I shrug it off and continue to something more informative.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm not sure if you're serious, OP. Why would you be surprised that people who don't live in your country know everything about it?

Now, I didn't watch the people, but I actually would be surprised if people didn't even know the language spoken in Brazil.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that American citizens don't need to know a shit about us.

I know they had to use the military to take back a part of Rio de Janeiro from gangs because nobody from outside that part dared to enter the place.
    Had a school project about Brazil like 8 years ago, but can't remember anything, really.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarys View Post
    I know that American citizens don't need to know a shit about us.
    Maybe they will. Brazil is one of the emerging "third-world" countries. That group is called «BRIC», and stand for Brazil, Russia, India and China.
    Brazil is growing steadily these days, their middle class is growing, they are creating jobs, (they have several GM factories there) and their economy is accelerating, so much Brazil has now surpassed the UK in GDP, obtaining the rank of 7th richest country in the world.
    The Americans would be fools to not try to make business with Brazil, and by extension, with Latin America.

Tropical rain forest.

First thing comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    what i know about Brazil... i saw on the simpsons
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-11-17 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    It is the 5th most populous nation in the world and 5th in size. Its pretty damn significant.
    Not really, it's Brazil.

That we had a colony or two there, thats way too fucking hot for my liking, and macau, amazon region, goldz!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I know it used to be a Portuguese colony and therefore speak some denomination of Portuguese instead of Spanish like the rest of the continent.
    Well... Of course you have native languages in southern america, but also english, french and deutch (Guyanas), so the rest of the continent doesn't only speak spanish.

Damn good movie!
    Mother pus bucket!

big asses and nice weather

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there are alot of murders probably up there with Mexico
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

* They're the largest country in South America
    * Their capital is Brasilia.
    * They are a former Portuguese colony.
    * They speak Portuguese.
    * Their largest cities are São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro
    * They used to be a monarchy, however they are now a republic.
    * They are a federation their capital is a federal district, instead of a state.
    * Their president is Dilma Rousseff of the Workers' Party.
    * They are a multi-party democracy with several dozen political parties.
    * The United Nations tried to ban guns, but the Brazilian people fought back and beat them.
    * They have, or at least had, undiscovered peoples living within their country.
    * At several points in their history they were under various dictatorships.
    * They participated in the World Wars on the side of the Allies.
    * They participated in the South American dreadnought race.
    * They really like soccer.
    * There is a giant statue of Jesus.
    * They are a third-world country.
    * The southern states have more gun owners than the northern states.
    * There are vast rainforests in Brazil.
    * They have a great deal of poverty in their country and some NGOs have accused Brazil of "social apartheid."
    * They have had several constitutions throughout their history.
    * Their latest constitution has gone through various changes.

That's about it, off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2012-11-17 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    There's lots of violence and drugs in Rio and the gap between the poor and rich is insanely huge with the vast majority being poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Wait, someone actually spells it "תל האביב"? I've never seen that spelling used in my entire life :P
    Are we being silly, or did I actually misspell it?

Oh nevermind, I did. Surprise ה! How'd that get in there?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Are we being silly, or did I actually misspell it?

Oh nevermind, I did. Surprise ה! How'd that get in there?
    Phew, I thought for a second that I've been misspelling it my entire life

I hear they are getting a better and better living standard, with a growing economy.

I know there climate, and from what I renember, are great. I dont recall them having crazy drought, earthquake etc aswell.

I know they are still nothing close to North America in terms of standard of living, corruption, violence.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Well, what do you know about Liechtenstein?
    It's very small and located between Switzerland and Austria? Don't know the language though, but I guess it's German based on the name of the country and its location. Now what was your point again? And comparing Liechtenstein with Brazil? Really?