Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know quite a bit but I'm cheating because I have an old minor global economics and geography. Brasilia is what I like to call a fake city because it didn't occur naturally. A lot of problems in Brazil festered from the economy being so different in the east and so horribad in the west. The idea was to create an economic center in the middle of the country to curtail the polarization that was taking place between the factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good looking women is all i really know... Amazon rain forest?
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think Brasil is the Portuguese spelling of it.
    So why do they have to be different and spell it Brasil, when the rest of the world spells it Brazil. Its like those parents who are either dumb and dont know how to spell or think they have to be special because they cant seem to spell the name of their kid properly. So they spell it Karyn instead of Karen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    So why do they have to be different and spell it Brasil, when the rest of the world spells it Brazil. Its like those parents who are either dumb and dont know how to spell or think they have to be special because they cant seem to spell the name of their kid properly. So they spell it Karyn instead of Karen.
    Because Portugal has its own language?

Regionalisation does it to things. Americans can't spell "colour" and Mexicans call their country Mexico, not Mejico like it used to be.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    right... i actually have no idea if you are serious. do you mean why do the portugese spell it differently, or why did the people on the video spell it that way?

What the fuck is this...

Deleted
    Every language pronounces a word differently...

For example, Lisboa is a Portuguese word, while Lisbon is an English one, you understand or? It's just translated, that's why it has a "z" instead of a "s".

Deleted
    BR? BR? BR? BR?
    huehuehuehuehue

That's what i know

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Let's see, the capital is Brasilia, the largest cities are Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro, it used to be a Portuguese colony which is why they speak Portuguese. It's located in South America and is the largest country on that continent. I know their flag is green-yellow with that globe thingy or whatever it is. I also know they're pretty much great at football. ^^ That's about it really. Oh! Jungles!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I always thought Sao Paulo was the capital. I learned something new today.

It's a huge country, with a huge population. Very diverse, interesting history, many beautiful areas.

Random sidestory: When I was five, a family moved in next door straight from Brasil. I became friends with their daughter, who was around my age. It is not a reflection of the whole country since many areas are rich from tourists and resources, but my friends used to say their country had only good weather and never things like earthquakes or tornados, only terrible crime. They were from a very poor neighbourhood and had family still living in poverty back home that we often mailed clothes and toys to. When she moved back home a few years later, she told me I should come visit but not to wear my rings (I always wore rings) because "the bad men will cut your fingers off to steal them." It came from a ten year old girl, so it is probably mostly exaggeration, but that sure made me nervous as a kid!

I will say it was fun watching the World Cup with them They would spray paint their flag into their front lawn!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I know the spoken language is Portuguese , it has great parades, it has a huge statue of Jesus on Rio de Janeiro, one of the best football teams in the world, and that crime in the slums called Favelas is nuts. Oh and that its women have nice bodies. I forgot about Capoeira the dance of battle! Didn't they have cannibals in the amazons too?
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2012-11-17 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    right... i actually have no idea if you are serious. do you mean why do the portugese spell it differently, or why did the people on the video spell it that way?
    Both. I dont understand why everyone cant agree to a proper spelling of words and leave it that way so everyone knows what people are talking about

Deleted
    What I know about Brazil? Some things, not much...
    I know the Carnival (who doesn't, right?), their Soccer players, and some of their national dishes: Picanha (beef steak), the Farofa (Manioc flour or Corn flour), the Salada Mineira (composed by Beef Jerky, Olive oil, diced red onion, red tomatoes, minced parsley, pepper and salt), Caipirinha and Cachaça (both alcohol drinks).
    Then the Brazilian soap operas, São Paulo's «Garoa» (mild and sudden rain), the Chope (how they call the beer), the Boteco or Botequim (their bars) of course, the Samba dance, and Capoeira, the Brazilian martial dance.
    Hope to get to know it better, soon.
    Last edited by mmoc0e82c355ee; 2012-11-17 at 12:14 AM.

That would be the rest of the world being dumb - not those whose name it belongs to.

Edit: for the record - its spelled "Brasilien" in my language

Deleted
    Both. I dont understand why everyone cant agree to a proper spelling of words and leave it that way so everyone knows what people are talking about
    Sigh..

Both words are correct. Tell me, if Brazil is incorrect, then Estados Unidos da América is also incorrect. -.-'

Hahaha having a good laugh at some of the comments here. My god....

10+ Year Old Account
    mordekaiser is numero uno HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE

Deleted
    I know sometimes people disappear in brazil and end up with their organs missing. I also know that when a plane leaves brazil it might fall to the ocean. Also I heard police in brazil don't hesitate to gun down criminals for pettiest of crimes.

The ladies are beautifully curvy.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    I know that Rock In Rio is freaking massive and when Iron Maiden played there in 2001 (I think), they played to a crowd of around 250 thousand people!