Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So much anger...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    "Victory? No. Begun, the flamewar has."

paying for cartel coins with real money doesn't make the game itself a hobbie just saying and as I stated in my previous post IMO thats my opinion

Deleted
    Well, that's gambling addition in a nutshell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people jealous?

I wish the market was bit more appealing though, more vanity items please and UNIQUE ones...
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Are people jealous?

I wish the market was bit more appealing though, more vanity items please and UNIQUE ones...
    lol - Jealous? Of what ? That you are gambling real money to get a few vanity items in an MMO game? Sorry but Most ppl realise when things are a total failure. And they also realise when the few that fall for it think they are so smart that they can beat the slot machine.

But you are supporting this feature so dont expect to get much more than more vanity items hidden behind random luck of spending real money. This way Bioware are earning much more money than by actually selling vanity stuff in their shop. Some ppl are still so naive that they dont realise it and just because they desided to spend money - they have to defend themselfs instead of seeing the bloody obvious that this has nothing to do with the game in any way. Other than ofc destroy a perfectly great stories that should be the ways of gaining those items.
    Last edited by duster2; 2012-11-17 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    checked the cartel shop today as I am a former, not willing to sub, customer. I must say, all they offer is crap. Srsly there's nothing exciting. The packs are random crap, dont waste my money on that. The gear is recolored gear that is already in the game and ...it is ugly through and through.
    Buzz...incorrect...I got some badass speeders...and a new blaster for my BH...and a lightsaber for my sorceror wish is so awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Are people jealous?

Some of it is jealousy;

Some of it is genuine concern for the well-being of their fellow gamer;

Some of it is a disgust of all things TOR;

Some of it is all of the above

I personally think that this subject is a non-issue. The items in the packs are fluff. If people wish to gamble for fluff then let them, I say. Harmless fun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I think over 2 million people quit in the last year but yeah, thousands still play on my server.

This made me lol

Sorry but it did.

Some of it is jealousy;

Some of it is genuine concern for the well-being of their fellow gamer;

Some of it is a disgust of all things TOR;

Some of it is all of the above

I personally think that this subject is a non-issue. The items in the packs are fluff. If people wish to gamble for fluff then let them, I say. Harmless fun imo.
    The fact its a fluff actually makes it more of an issue than anything else. Fluff items should be just sold flat out in an ingame shop. This way Bioware is able to make more money and still offer fewer items over time that costs less to make. Next week they might add 2 new weapon skins into the existing packs. And the money wheel spinns again ....Great feature ....

What is beyond my understanding is how incredably naive and blind ppl are to what is actually going on. Like there are not bet sites and poker sites that offer first 10 dollars free to get ppl hooked ? Free cartel coins to throw at stuff? lol....

Random is never in the favor of the player. Its there for a reason. And if subscribers and fans of SWTOR really think this is in any way good feature to have.. then just wait next few months when more packs will become the way to make subscribers spend alot of extra money. Cause thats exactly how this works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawmac View Post
    This made me lol

Sorry but it did.
    Always happy to entertain but it happens to be true. There are thousands playing on my server (EU Red Eclipse). If facts amuse you then I have a truckload more for ya..../opens up an Encyclopædia...ready?
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-11-17 at 08:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    WHY OH WHY did Bioware make Cartel Packs so damn addicting! I am struggling so hard to resist buying more coins just so I can get more packs..

Must...resist...Cartel Packs...
    You mean like casual games wanting to buy ingame currency to make it easier to play
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by duster2 View Post
    What is beyond my understanding is how incredably naive and blind ppl are to what is actually going on. Like there are not bet sites and poker sites that offer first 10 dollars free to get ppl hooked ? Free cartel coins to throw at stuff? lol....
    Have you considered the fact that maybe people aren't blind or naive...but simply don't care? You have made your opinion clear but you keep presuming everyone else cares about it. Some people will understand it's a form of gambling and gamble anyway. I spent $200 on the packs and I was fully aware I wasn't guarenteed any specific item. Didn't stop me and I am neither naive nor blind so how do you account for that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawmac View Post
    This made me lol

Sorry but it did.
    It makes you lol that there are people who wants to keep playing while others are easily frightened away?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Have you considered the fact that maybe people aren't blind or naive...but simply don't care? You have made your opinion clear but you keep presuming everyone else cares about it. Some people will understand it's a form of gambling and gamble anyway. I spent $200 on the packs and I was fully aware I wasn't guarenteed any specific item. Didn't stop me and I am neither naive nor blind so how do you account for that?
    Your still utterly blind what it actually does for the game. Thats the point you dont get. Its cheaper for Bioware to add 5 items into a random buy feature than to spend making real content. And thats why they add this. And somehow - you dont get it yet. Gratz.

To think this is a good feature ... oh ye... lets go back to the op post....

WHY OH WHY did Bioware make Cartel Packs so damn addicting! I am struggling so hard to resist buying more coins just so I can get more packs..

Must...resist...Cartel Packs...
    Gratz...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    I made the mistake of buying cartel coins worth of about 100 bucks and the packs contained only crap, I advise everyone to not buy them, chances are just too small to get anything decent. It was definetly a mistake.
    Sounds like me when buying booster packs, never anything good xD

But yeah, I haven't spent any points yet, thinking about buying the Jedi Knight set for my agent, but 1200 Cartel Coins? That's almost half of what I have in total

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    It makes you lol that there are people who wants to keep playing while others are easily frightened away?
    There are alot that see what this feature stands for. It has nothing to do beeing frighten - it has to do with beeing smart and see what a future of a game brings when the developers fall this low instead of actually making a good game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by duster2 View Post
    Your still utterly blind what it actually does for the game. Thats the point you dont get. Its cheaper for Bioware to add 5 items into a random buy feature than to spend making real content. And thats why they add this. And somehow - you dont get it yet. Gratz.

To think this is a good feature ... oh ye... lets go back to the op post....

Gratz...
    Again because I don't care that makes me blind? That's a new concept.

Bioware added some fluff items as rewards to the Terror from Beyond raid. They added some fluff items as rewards to yesterday's NM EC raid. They will continue to add fluff ingame regardless of the fluff they add via the cartel bags. The difference is that aslong as the meaningful stuff (NON FLUFF) is added solely via ingame mechanics I and many others don't care about the few fluff items being added to the cartel packs.

Well, hopefully the added income from the Cartel Market equals a better future for the game. And that is something I have no problem with (I don't play btw, waiting for BioWare to show some goodwill).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i had like 1600 or so cartel coins when i logged in the other day and i used them all on the more expensive box, the one with 5 items instead of 3. i got some really cool shit and ended up buying like another 1650 coins and was planning on saving it for a nice adative gear set once i hit 31 on my consular since i can get the hockey mask looking sith set. unfortunately i ended up buying more crates.

it is very addictive and im glad theyve got a decent system in place to continue to fund the game. i enjoy it and it appears lots of other people enjoy it. it may not have an impressive sub number but those numbers mean little to me if im enjoying the game. i think the people who are bad mouthing swtor are just doing it to be assholes. theres really no reason to come into a thread and bash a game you dont like. just my opinion