Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hand of Sacrafice - new troll mechanism?

Just read the new tooltip on PTR: "temporarily removes all threat from the target for 10 seconds." So essentially we get another tool to troll the tank? I foresee this being abused mightily in LFR.

**EDIT**
    Sorry, I misspoke. Yes, I meant Hand of Salvation. And to clarify: I actually mean PTR changes that have happened since the 8th.

Go to the Dev blog update for Nov. 8th.

it reads: "Hand of Salvation has been changed. This ability now removes all of a target's threat for 10 seconds."

So essentially it becomes a bop but the target still attacks (with respect to threat).
    Last edited by Apollet; 2012-11-17 at 06:10 AM.

You mean Hand of Salvation?
    I thiiinnkk so

That's not what hand of sacrifice does at all

Disgusting.

Horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollet View Post
    Just read the new tooltip on PTR: "temporarily removes all threat from the target for 10 seconds." So essentially we get another tool to troll the tank? I foresee this being abused mightily in LFR.
    Hand of Salvation did this in Cataclysm if you glyphed it.

Any paladin that wants to troll a tank has been able to do so since always, using Blessing (and later Hand) of Protection. I don't expect it to suddenly become more popular.

OP you are a little late to the party...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoric View Post
    Any paladin that wants to troll a tank has been able to do so since always, using Blessing (and later Hand) of Protection. I don't expect it to suddenly become more popular.
    Yep, plus in Cata you could already do this using the glyph.

Yeah you could do this in Cata but its a lot harder to notice during a boss fight than a giant bubble around you.

Sorry, I misspoke. Yes, I meant Hand of Salvation. And to clarify: I actually mean PTR changes that have happened since the 8th.

Go to the Dev blog update for Nov. 8th.

it reads: "Hand of Salvation has been changed. This ability now removes all of a target's threat for 10 seconds."

So essentially it becomes a bop but the target still attacks (with respect to threat).

Yes, we all know what you're talking about. It still isn't an issue; it's not new, and anyone who wants to troll their group can already find plenty of more efficient ways to do it.

You can get a temp ban for griefing by doing that to people in LFR... and anywhere like that.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You can get a temp ban for griefing by doing that to people in LFR... and anywhere like that.
    Really? I've been doing it for ages (not all the time but occasionally) and have yet to get any temp ban.

Might be because I'm always the 1st to point it out and start pointing at every other pally . Somehow in LFR if a person points it out he doesn't get the blame. Its the same as shouting "Who farted in the lift/car?" and nobody will suspect the person calling it out.

Anyway, really miss Divine Intervention. Was another pally troll spell that was removed. So nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by knumskul View Post
    Really? I've been doing it for ages (not all the time but occasionally) and have yet to get any temp ban.

Might be because I'm always the 1st to point it out and start pointing at every other pally . Somehow in LFR if a person points it out he doesn't get the blame. Its the same as shouting "Who farted in the lift/car?" and nobody will suspect the person calling it out.

Anyway, really miss Divine Intervention. Was another pally troll spell that was removed. So nothing new here.
    Well, you have to be reported.

Quote Originally Posted by knumskul View Post

Except many peoples UI says where all the heals and buffs come from, its like when people bloodlust before the BG starts and act like no one knows who it was. It says "You gained Idiotmage's Time Warp"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Yeah you could do this in Cata but its a lot harder to notice during a boss fight than a giant bubble around you.
    The big glowing praying hands icon above your head, while not as obvious as Protection's buff, is still very noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    Except many peoples UI says where all the heals and buffs come from, its like when people bloodlust before the BG starts and act like no one knows who it was. It says "You gained Idiotmage's Time Warp"
    Assuming that people bother to check the combat log, anyway. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Assuming that people bother to check the combat log, anyway. :P
    There is a difference between a UI and combat log. No checking of any logs needed.
    When I receive a buff of any kind (or debuff if during PvP for example) the name of the person comes up next to the affect warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    There is a difference between a UI and combat log. No checking of any logs needed.
    When I receive a buff of any kind (or debuff if during PvP for example) the name of the person comes up next to the affect warning.
    Using the default UI? I remember that showing up for heals, but not buffs, but I haven't used the default scrolling text in a while.

Assuming that people bother to check the combat log, anyway. :P[/QUOTE]

Not an issue for me. My buffs/debuff tooltips tell me the source of it when I mouse over it (be it on me, another player, or an NPC if it was player-cast)
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Not an issue for me. My buffs/debuff tooltips tell me the source of it when I mouse over it (be it on me, another player, or an NPC if it was player-cast)
    Mine too, but it's harder to check that in the middle of combat, since there's usually a ton of buffs and they move around a lot.

(Also I generally assume that the average player, particularly those in LFR, would be using the default UI.)

As already mentioned, paladins have been able to troll the tank with that for ages.

Personally I like things like this to spice up the heroics I run with friends for valour. Back in Wotlk we'd try and make them a challenge to spice things up by doing things like BoPing the tank, healer won't dispel anything / not use things like watershield etc.

You know, for a kitten that shits rainbows, you seem to like to stay inside the box.