10+ Year Old Account

[MW] What are stats weight?

The MW guide is vague and doesn't show the stat weights. It still has beta info and needs to be updated.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

That's because they aren't very useful at all. Haste is pointless past 1350, mastery is purely based on your group's competence, and crit doesn't help as much as we'd like. For the most part a lot of MW's have been hitting the haste cap then going for crit afterwards, because out of all bad choices, it's sadly the best. 5.1 should help us out with stats though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekerdud View Post
    That's because they aren't very useful at all. Haste is pointless past 1350, mastery is purely based on your group's competence, and crit doesn't help as much as we'd like. For the most part a lot of MW's have been hitting the haste cap then going for crit afterwards, because out of all bad choices, it's sadly the best. 5.1 should help us out with stats though.
    So gem/enchant to what? Int/Spi?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    A lot of mistweavers that are progressing in heroic modes right now gem and enchant towards spirit regardless of most gem boni (high spirit and int ones are taken though).
    Spirit and crit or spirit and int depending on your slot layout but mostly pure spirit when you got minor boni that are not worth the spirit loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    So gem/enchant to what? Int/Spi?
    Yeah, as lauryn said, stack spirit. Monks don't have a major mana CD, so we can't rely on that. While we *could* rely on a feral/bear druid to innervate, or a priest's hymn, it's best to have our mana regen under control to the point where you don't need someone else's cool down. While some people are running with 7-9k combat regen, I find that having at least 11k combat regen makes things go a lot smoother on longer fights.

Also, glyph mana tea, and keep it on CD.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do

Int/Spirit>Haste Break>Crit>Mastery

I originally took Mastery over crit, my group is very competent when it comes to using my healing spheres, but I decided I would get more out of the crit when it came to eminence healing and just heal crits in general which happen often. I personally find the crit better than mastery now.

For the monks that stack spirit, I don't know why. I have 11k mp5 with not stacking spirit. And I am never out of mana tea when I need it. Don't over Jab, or soothing mist when it is not needed (hardly never, unless tank is about to take damage: instant surging and enveloping).

Deleted
    I am sure all those top ranking mistweavers (which are all stacking spirit) are missmanaging their mana

6.4k mastery, 1.8k crit. 1.4k haste. 9.5k spirit (if armory is correct that is 10.5k mp5) are my stats unbuffed. Geming for spirit/int and mastery/int. Also using int food and int flask. Jabbing on bosses helps with regen if you're strugling.
    Somewhere between 10-80 on all bosses on world of logs atm.

PS: I'm doing 25 man which mastery is amazing for. If I were doing 10 man I would probably experiment if crit was better judging by how much the mastery was healing for and how many spheres are just laying around doing nothing at all.