To or Not to Glyph Soul Swap?

Hey guys I've been wondering on fights ex. stone guards or any other multi-dotting fight is it worth glyphing into SS due to the 30sec cd? wouldn't it be more beneficial to not and just focus SB:SS?

10+ Year Old Account
    For shard management's sake, no. There are a few fights where glyphing SS is beneficial - Elegon for instance. You can roll your fully-empowered dots on Elegon with the optimal opener (prepot -> DS - > SB:SS -> MG -> Fel Flame -> Haunt -> MG x ? -> SB:SS to refresh just before int buffs fall off) and then swap those fully-empowered dots onto the Celestial Protector. You won't waste a shard that could have been used for Haunt uptime, the Protector will take more damage, and you won't really need to use SS again until the 30 second cooldown is off again.

On big fights like Will, you'll be multi-dotting way too much to let SS be on cooldown for any amount of time, so I wouldn't recommend it on a fight like this. It may be useful if you ONLY use un-Soulburned SS to move fully-empowered dots between Jan'xi and Qin'xi during Titan Gas phases, but that would be it. You'll be getting back so many soul shards from drain-sniping dying adds and Nightmare procs that being liberal with SB:SS won't matter.

All-in-all, it just takes a little intuition to figure things like this out

It's usually rather straight forward:
    If fight involves switches (while still being able to dps the main target) which are around 25-30s (or more) in between then do glyph (elegon, amber-shaper)
    In other situations usually dont (quick succession of adds, fights where you multidot many adds, single target fights,...).

My god, noone uses the search feature on these forums, This exact thread was not two days ago.
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    For shard management's sake, no. There are a few fights where glyphing SS is beneficial - Elegon for instance. You can roll your fully-empowered dots on Elegon with the optimal opener (prepot -> DS - > SB:SS -> MG -> Fel Flame -> Haunt -> MG x ? -> SB:SS to refresh just before int buffs fall off) and then swap those fully-empowered dots onto the Celestial Protector. You won't waste a shard that could have been used for Haunt uptime, the Protector will take more damage, and you won't really need to use SS again until the 30 second cooldown is off again.

On big fights like Will, you'll be multi-dotting way too much to let SS be on cooldown for any amount of time, so I wouldn't recommend it on a fight like this. It may be useful if you ONLY use un-Soulburned SS to move fully-empowered dots between Jan'xi and Qin'xi during Titan Gas phases, but that would be it. You'll be getting back so many soul shards from drain-sniping dying adds and Nightmare procs that being liberal with SB:SS won't matter.

All-in-all, it just takes a little intuition to figure things like this out
    k, so would it be um gainful to refresh my dots during int procs at the last ending sec of the proc even though my dots aren't at the 50% mark? And also thank you for your insight.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    My god, noone uses the search feature on these forums, This exact thread was not two days ago.
    Why are you responding to my post if you don't have anything positive to say or to contribute? Let me guess is that a way for you to boost your posts? I see you're a member since 2011 and only have 11 friends so not only you're a loser in real life but also on mmo-champion.

We do not insult others on these forums. Since you are new here, consider yourself warned. ~xskarma
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-11-17 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexs View Post
    Why are you responding to my post if you don't have anything positive to say or to contribute? Let me guess is that a way for you to boost your posts? I see you're a member since 2011 and only have 11 friends so not only you're a loser in real life but also on mmo-champion.
    Clearly you don't understand how a forum or message board website works, you posting a thread without searching for it being posted before, then telling someone their a loser in real life because they only have 11 friends on a MMO community website is not how you do it correctly.

I see you're a member since 5 months ago, have 2 posts, and "zero" friends... so what's that make you?

rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    What does that have to do with anything? I have 0 friends on MMO-Champ simply because this isn't the place to make friends. This is a place for information and debate, not friendship. What he stated is that the information was already there, and your creation of a thread is taking up a whopping 200ish KB that could be used for, say, something else, anything else, and that you would have gotten your information about 100-1000% faster by searching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I have 0 friends here! Although I'm new in this forum, I always read to learn something! I decided to create an account here this year to ask questions about Destro, however I try to find some post about my question before to create a new thread. Doing this, we help other people to find what they looking for, because all doubts, questions and answers will be in the same place! I think what Cyner said is to try put same questions in the same place! This will help everybody and make the forum cleaner!

But, this is only my opinion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, we got quite a bit off-track in here, guys. BE NICE!

k, so would it be um gainful to refresh my dots during int procs at the last ending sec of the proc even though my dots aren't at the 50% mark? And also thank you for your insight.
    Yes, because you want to have the longest duration on your fully-empowered dots that you can possibly have. If your dots were all at say, 105% of their natural max and your potion was about to expire, you would still want to refresh them fully before that happens even though you aren't adding a full 100% duration to them. It doesn't lose you any damage by doing this, so don't worry about it. The duration you just added on to was also empowered, so all you just did was extend the "umph" in your spells.

And don't forget this when using Haunt as well. Your dots are still beefy for their remaining duration after this! So continue to use Haunt whenever possible no matter what.