Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Does anyone like the new battlegrounds?

I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed. They seem to me like large arenas more than battlegrounds. Mounts don't hardly come into play and I can't even hardly see the point of them. Guarding carts in the mine and I still haven't figured out the other one as I have only gotten into it once. I think a battleground should have a large feel to it as if you are really fighting for a territory or some sort of objective. I would not have a problem with it being in a building/city setting but these new battlegrounds really seem small and squirmishy.

I think I will keep the mine on my blacklist.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you have some form of communication among your teammates Silvershard Mines will most likely be a fail, as is with 99% of the matches I've played. I've only won about 1-2 matches since hitting 90.

Temple of Kotmogu is more fun, all you have to do is hold the orbs of power as long as you can to gain points, the center arena allows a slightly faster gain on victory points but you have to compete to keep it free and try to control as many orbs as possible. You will wind up taking as much as 4x the damage if you hold an orb too long so beware.

Temple is pretty fun, mine is meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

It would seem to me that since Pandaria is a very nicely done very visual world, Why would you make one battleground underground in STV? It would have made much more sense to make a large battleground that you could see across backed by the tall green mountains and hills of Pandaria. They could have made objectives have something to do with the farms and breweries that dot the landscape. Perhaps there could be items that spawn in each location you have to collect for battleground points instead of flags and return them to some central point, sort of a reverse of EotS. Now that I think more, each faction could be collecting ingredients to some powerful brew for some brewmaster to make for them to win.

I like both of them. Not all battlegrounds have to be huge like AV. Both maps promote pretty intense matches and that really appeals to me.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I like both of them. Not all battlegrounds have to be huge like AV. Both maps promote pretty intense matches and that really appeals to me.
    I didn't mean to imply like AV, if just AB or EotS, having one more on their level would be great to me. See my brewmaster idea above.

I quite like Silvershard Mines, but I fucking hate Temple of Katmogu; it's just badly designed. Both battlegrounds encourage clusterfucking too, which just turns them into a mess.

They are both really small for my liking, I think they'd be much improved if they were larger. Katmogu should have multiple "bonus areas" too, it would encourage people to be more objective-minded, rather than it just being a virtually mindless killfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    wish they would bring back vanilla AV, that was real PvP

havent played the mine yet so dono there, but the hold orbs thingy seems fun.. tho allies seem to win it the 2-3 times i played it

I like both of them actually. HAve lost more than won, but Alliance seems to be doing better. Small sample size so hard to tell though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really like both Silvershard Mines and Temple of Kotmogu - they're both very fun

That said, I only really do BGs with guildies so we're often communicating - and I could definitely see SSM being a nightmare with a non-communicating team, the objectives aren't too clear (especcially because people are still learning it) and it requires a macro-level awareness of where the carts are that most casual players probably lack: communication solves a lot of that. I don't know who doesn't like ToK though, it's nothing but fun
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I like them, allthought i have hardly played mines. I like the temple allot, just pure brawling and focusing Orb holders with stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love Temple.

Mine is... passable.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

temple is hilarious, 900k icelances waddup prolly the funniest bg i have ever played so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I really like both Silvershard Mines and Temple of Kotmogu - they're both very fun

That said, I only really do BGs with guildies so we're often communicating - and I could definitely see SSM being a nightmare with a non-communicating team, the objectives aren't too clear (especcially because people are still learning it) and it requires a macro-level awareness of where the carts are that most casual players probably lack: communication solves a lot of that. I don't know who doesn't like ToK though, it's nothing but fun
    ^This. I very much like the new MoP battlegrounds, especially when compared to IoC and SotA, /shudder.

I will burn your soul.

I find that both are very fun. Silvershard mines feels a little small, not that it is bad. I would like to see potentially a larger scale version of it sometime.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Katmogu should have multiple "bonus areas" too, it would encourage people to be more objective-minded,.
    I agree with this idea. kotomugu would be better if it was slarger, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like both of them, have probably won 80-90% of them. But it does surprise me people don't even fight at the carts/kill orbs.

Blizzard made those BGs because of the nature of the players where everyone mindlessly go zerk, and YET they fail to fight at the carts/kill-take the orbs (people standing near orbs and not taking them piss me off big time).

Deleted
    I really do enjoy the temple, i think its brilliant, and fun.

As for mines, i really dont enjoy doing it without people i know. It seems every random BG there is just bad times.. And if you try to give any advice, people just hate you for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post
    I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed. They seem to me like large arenas more than battlegrounds. I still haven't figured out the other one as I have only gotten into it once.

I think a battleground should have a large feel to it as if you are really fighting for a territory or some sort of objective
    Thoroughly dissapointed after 1 try?

Also, how is holding flags, capturing flags, burning towers, taking graveyards and defeating bosses more of an objective then capturing minecarts or holding orbs?

Personally, I really like both of them. After gazillions of BG's I really hope to get Mines/ToK every time I queue. At least they have a different objective and a different gameplay, rather than just a 'new' AB and a 'new' WSG (Aiming at Battle For Gilneas and Twin Peaks, although I love TP too.)
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2012-11-07 at 01:22 AM.

Both are great, both are where team work really shines (mines more in general, the amount of cc required to capture a minecart can be quite intense)

Both are far better additions than isle of shitquest and strand of the anshits (both terrible PvE bgs, WE DON'T WANT PVE IN PVP FFS)
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

I like the new bgs. I just wish they'd actually make AV and IoC into huge grand battles. Basically make both of them into classic AV.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15