Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Delete 15 characters ?

I have played SWToR since the beta test and then the first day of early access, until I left it for GW2. Today I went back to SWToR to check out the 1.5 patch and the whole F2P thing. I decided to make a new character on a new server, to see how much of a restriction the F2P would be for a new player (I went back, but I did not renew my sub, I just went back as F2P). When I tried to make a new character on a new server, it told me:

"You have exceeded the maximum character limit. To create a new character, you must delete 15 characters."

I have 6 Republic characters on a PvE server, and 6 Empire characters on a PvP server, for a total of 12. So where does this nonsense come from that I should delete 15 characters in order to create a new one. If the F2P limit is 2, shouldn't it say 11 ?

And is the F2P limit 2 per server, or 2 for the entire universe ?

Thanks in advance !!!!

EDIT: the screen on the new server where I tried to make the new characters says "0/2 Character slots"....
    Last edited by cmacord; 2012-11-17 at 07:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a bit odd. How many characters do you have on different servers? If you have 16 characters total- and delete 15... that leaves one open slot. It is hard to believe that it is 2 characters overall but I wouldn't put that past EA.

FTP last i heard was one toon. might be confusing with something else though
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    FTP last i heard was one toon. might be confusing with something else though
    I believe it is 1 for a new F2P account, or 2 slots for a previous subscriber who now has a preferred account or something like that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many active characters can I have if I am not a Subscriber?

Although there is a grace period for active character slots at the launch of the Free-to-Play option, by default Free-to-Play and Preferred Status accounts have access to two (2) active character slots. This means that you can have a maximum of two (2) characters across all servers.

If you are a Former Subscriber and you change your status to a Free-to-Play account, you will need to choose which of two (2) characters remain active. Please note that a player’s inactive characters will not be deleted, but will not be playable.
    I think that means that you will only be able to choose between two characters that you select but they will not be deleted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    I think that means that you will only be able to choose between two characters that you select but they will not be deleted.
    Yeah but if you want to make a new one you have to delete one.

Finally a good reason for someone to delete a character! Seriously I have several friends in WoW that have deleted max level characters that they spent months on. I hear the dumbest reasons for it too. "I hate the class now and it sucks" Well, it might get better down the road...u never know. Some people just delete it so they can reuse the name. I cannot comprehend why someone would want to delete a character that they invested so much time on

And yeah sorry for being no help of any kind. I'm just glad someone finally found a respectable reason to delete their character in an MMO, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Thank you for your reply.

You are incorrect, however. As I said, I unsubbed several months ago, and returned tonight as F2P, still unsubbed. I have 6 Republic toons on a PvE server, and 6 Imperial toons on a different, PvP server. All 12 toons were visible and accessible, and I actually logged onto each one, in order to check mail and refresh my memory as to how many credits each have. I, too, assumed that game would ask me to choose two characters, prob. on each server, and the rest would be greyed out, but this was not the case.

However, this still does not help my original question, since I have a total of 12 toons in the entire game, and it told me that I had to delete FIFTEEN toons in order to make a new one on a fresh server.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, just wow. How do you kill a F2P MMO? Give it to EA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacord View Post
    However, this still does not help my original question, since I have a total of 12 toons in the entire game, and it told me that I had to delete FIFTEEN toons in order to make a new one on a fresh server.
    The game does get messed up sometimes in terms of numbers of character on a server.....after the first round of server merges I ended up with 9 charcters split aross 3 servers (4/4/1) but in each case the server select screen was showing an additional character on each server (5/5/2) it wasn't an issue so I never queried it. Even now after the latest server merges it is still inccorect, actual numbers - 8/1 server select screen showing 9/1....very wierd.
    I think you are getting a ghost character for each server you are on....1 PvE server, 1 PvP server and 1 for your new server. I can't really help as I'm Just guessing though.

I was surprised to find out that it was indeed 2 character max total.

No way I'm going to delete my characters on other server when I wanted to start fresh on a new one. This limitation stopped me from playing at all.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    I had to delete 25 characters to play, when in fact I only had 4.

Even though I've deleted every character on my account to start over... two days later I'm still unable to make a character due to the limit error coming up, I can't do anything about it since you can't post on the forum or send a message to customer support unless you're subbed. Great work EA...

It is pretty obvious you are experiencing a bug if it is going to require you to have -3 characters on your account before you make a new one...tell Bioware, not us.

EDIT: Its two characters per server, not per account...For free players. Subs get 12 per server. Either way you will be able to buy more soon if you can't already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    It is pretty obvious you are experiencing a bug if it is going to require you to have -3 characters on your account before you make a new one...tell Bioware, not us.

EDIT: Its two characters per server, not per account...For free players. Subs get 12 per server. Either way you will be able to buy more soon if you can't already.
    I can only have 2 characters across all servers, not per server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Entire universe, I tried to create a character on a different server and it wouldn't let me.

There F2P is basically play 1-50 for free with limited shit, you only get 2 action bars rofl.

I wanted to level a Jedi, but I'm not deleting any of my chars, even though I have no intention of going back, which is rather weird lol

Also, I was in beta and subbed for the first 6-8 months and I only get 100 cartel coins... which is basically nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Entire universe, I tried to create a character on a different server and it wouldn't let me.

There F2P is basically play 1-50 for free with limited shit, you only get 2 action bars rofl.

I wanted to level a Jedi, but I'm not deleting any of my chars, even though I have no intention of going back, which is rather weird lol

Also, I was in beta and subbed for the first 6-8 months and I only get 100 cartel coins... which is basically nothing.
    Yeah, you have to buy at least 1 months subscription to get your "loyalty reward coins"...... what a joke...

10+ Year Old Account
    and just to mention, logging into the game just depressed me, because this game had huge potential and was completely wasted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    and just to mention, logging into the game just depressed me, because this game had huge potential and was completely wasted.
    Completely agree with this. F2P could have worked as well but the limitations are too steep to get people to play casually (and enough) to warrant buying extras.

Its 2 characters TOTAL.

I was kind of surprised too, from how its worded, and how the unlocks are, I would think you would get 2 PER SERVER. This makes the unlocks make ZERO sense.

Some of the account wide unlocks cost more than twice the price of a single unlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post

2 per an account not per a server. http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...9&postcount=83

Also you can't tell Bioware unless you're subbed. So this is one of the few places people can actually post since according to the SWToR website as a F2P/preferred account you don't have sufficient privileges to use their forums or contact support.