Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Subscribe to december 20 to get your complimentary cartel points ?

I haven't play sw tor for few months, and now when i login to my account it says if you want to claim your 2100 cartel point you need to subscribe, i was totally pissed about it.

But what does subscribe to december 20 to get your complimentary cartel points ? So if i do not my complimentary cartel points will be lost or what ?

Thanks for the advise.

PROTIP:

They are hardly complementary if you have to pay to get them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    PROTIP:

Rofl, i know that but this is how the call them, i mean this is how bioware calls them, this is quote from there website, i did this not to confuse people reading this.

I hadn't played since maybe March or April, so I was interested in checking out the F2P. My 'checking it out' lasted only 10 minutes when I realised I was restricted to only 2 action bars, my exp gain was being nerfed, and I know I had over 3 million credits when I quit, but I got capped at 350k. I currently have no idea if I have now permanently lost 2.5 million credits.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I hadn't played since maybe March or April, so I was interested in checking out the F2P. My 'checking it out' lasted only 10 minutes when I realised I was restricted to only 2 action bars, my exp gain was being nerfed, and I know I had over 3 million credits when I quit, but I got capped at 350k. I currently have no idea if I have now permanently lost 2.5 million credits.
    I have 9 characters on my server, but the limit is still 2, i went broke after buying sith race.

I cannot help you with but i know that if you sub you will get all things lifted, they lowered the cost of sub also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    PROTIP:

It depends. Are they complimentary cartel points provided because you're a subscriber? If so, it would be like having a complimentary mini bar in your hotel room and asking why you had to hire the room.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    It depends. Are they complimentary cartel points provided because you're a subscriber? If so, it would be like having a complimentary mini bar in your hotel room and asking why you had to hire the room.
    When they first you inform that you will be getting more cartel points for subscribing before f2p was introduced, having collectors or digital deluxe edition. They didn't tell anything about needing to subscribe to get them.
    When lotro went free to play i did get all turbine( do not remember want were EU points called ) points that i got for all deeds that i have done before it went f2p, i didn't have to buy a vip membership to gain access to it at all.
    So this is a little ##ck move from bioware there.
    It made me think if i should return at all with that player attitude from BW at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    I cannot help you with but i know that if you sub you will get all things lifted, they lowered the cost of sub also.
    Are you sure about that? It was still 14.95 / month when I looked. You can get slightly reduced rate by subscribing for 3-6 months at a time, but that's the same as it always has been.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Are you sure about that? It was still 14.95 / month when I looked. You can get slightly reduced rate by subscribing for 3-6 months at a time, but that's the same as it always has been.
    Pretty sure, just visit http://www.swtor.com/buy at least in my country it is lower price.

If you cannot find it just click on the store on the main sw tor website.

It means that if you subscribe for any length of time before 12/20, you get you coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    When they first you inform that you will be getting more cartel points for subscribing before f2p was introduced, having collectors or digital deluxe edition. They didn't tell anything about needing to subscribe to get them.
    When lotro went free to play i did get all turbine( do not remember want were EU points called ) points that i got for all deeds that i have done before it went f2p, i didn't have to buy a vip membership to gain access to it at all.
    So this is a little ##ck move from bioware there.
    It made me think if i should return at all with that player attitude from BW at all.
    BW and Turbine's F2P/Extended Trial/Hybrid models (whatever the hell you want to call them) are not the same. Also, Turbine didn't offer Turbine points for being subscribed previous to their F2P announcement aside from how many anniversaries you'd been a subscriber for. In order to receive those Turbine points that you would have gotten as a subscriber, you most certainly had to be subscribed at the launch of F2P. You received your points for your deeds because you'd already accomplished them and it would have been a dick move on Turbine's part to now allow you to gain coins from things you had already accomplished when new players could. That's a very good way to lose customers. Seeing as how TOR doesn't have deeds and also has no way of earning currency in game, a comparison can't be made.

And, yes, when BW first announced moving to F2P, many people thought you would get your coins whether you were subbed or not. Others thought the opposite. They changed/clarified it. Things change. You can't read something at the very beginning and expect it to be exactly the same as it is when it launches. It's like reading an original movie script before the director starts cutting and adding things. Or seeing the first information about Cataclysm, then not paying attention to it at all until it launches and going "Uh, where's the Path of the Titans". Next time, keep abreast of the situation if it actually matters to you. If you had done that, you would have seen that this conversation has been had a thousand times in this subforum.

Everything about swtor feels so underhanded and cheap now. Its like EA has devolved into some fly by night studio thats only planning on being around for a very short time so they're taking what they can while they can. Really disgusting, I'm gonna find it very hard to buy any game again that has the EA logo on it.

As far as the Dec 20 thing, its a ploy to boost their subs for the end of the year so they can claim the F2P switch 'worked' in they next quarterly report.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

I currently have no idea if I have now permanently lost 2.5 million credits.
    Your credits over the cap are put off to a separate bank (they are calling it an escrow account). When you spend down some of your coins so you are no longer at the cap you get an option to withdraw the money out of there if you want to. So you never loose the credits you just don't have them on you.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Everything about swtor feels so underhanded and cheap now. Its like EA has devolved into some fly by night studio thats only planning on being around for a very short time so they're taking what they can while they can. Really disgusting, I'm gonna find it very hard to buy any game again that has the EA logo on it.
    Because of how they handled this one game? Seems like you're allowing the mismanagement of one game affect your view on the entire portfolio. I'm not saying that EA isn't money grubbing, but to associate this one cash grab to every game they make (BF, Madden, etc.) seems like flawed logic.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    As far as the Dec 20 thing, its a ploy to boost their subs for the end of the year so they can claim the F2P switch 'worked' in they next quarterly report.
    They actually have a better shot at saying that it "worked" by people NOT subscribing and, instead, buying shit off of their cash shop. The subscription numbers don't matter as much as the monetary figures. For example, telling the public they gained, let's say, 10k subscribers isn't as sexy as telling them they increased their revenue by, let's say, 300%.

There is nothing "complimentary" about SWTOR F2P. Every part of it is to squese out extra money out of former paying custimors - Alienating most of them to never ever look at this title again. Or thats at least why most of the players I know have desided to do already.

Fact of the matter is that SWTOR is a bad game as an MMO game. And this F2P feature makes it even worse and gives it zero chance to be anything other than impulse buying junk that weak and stupid ppl will fall for. Some games are so desperate that they have no other way to stay afloat. SWTOR is defenetly one of them since the so called "selling" point as end game is the worst part of the game. And before ppl actually reach that most with half a brain will have realised how horrendously unplayerfriendly the game really is.

Hats off to Bioware to manage to go the next step in killing any hope for the game to recover.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by duster2 View Post
    There is nothing "complimentary" about SWTOR F2P. Every part of it is to squese out extra money out of former paying custimors - Alienating most of them to never ever look at this title again. Or thats at least why most of the players I know have desided to do already.

Fact of the matter is that SWTOR is a bad game as an MMO game. And this F2P feature makes it even worse and gives it zero chance to be anything other than impulse buying junk that weak and stupid ppl will fall for. Some games are so desperate that they have no other way to stay afloat. SWTOR is defenetly one of them since the so called "selling" point as end game is the worst part of the game. And before ppl actually reach that most with half a brain will have realised how horrendously unplayerfriendly the game really is.

Hats off to Bioware to manage to go the next step in killing any hope for the game to recover.
    I respectfully disagree. The game isn't unplayerfriendly (if that's even a word) and I'd wager that my 'half a brain' works pretty goodz

The complimentary part is the ability to play the main feature of TOR for free (the 1-50 experience). For the record, I'm enjoying the cartel bag shopping and I'm not weak nor stupid. You're entitled to your opinion and I understand you're not a huge fan. With luck you'll find a game more similar to your g aming needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. The game isn't unplayerfriendly (if that's even a word) and I'd wager that my 'half a brain' works pretty goodz

The complimentary part is the ability to play the main feature of TOR for free (the 1-50 experience). For the record, I'm enjoying the cartel bag shopping and I'm not weak nor stupid. You're entitled to your opinion and I understand you're not a huge fan. With luck you'll find a game more similar to your g aming needs.
    Well - if you dont realise that cartel bag shopping is based on a gambling impulse then I think you are might not quite understand why this feature was added. Cause it had nothing to do with gaming. Cause if it was.... then a good game developer would have created a good solid RPG system around it - instead of slot machine features.

I can't help ppl that dont admit issues. All I can do is to point it out and then find a good game that is build on real RPG systems where player has more effect on the outcome rather than just putting money into the slot machine. Thats why I resubbed to WOW after 10 mins of looking at SWTOR F2P model.

Deleted
    Well - if you dont realise that cartel bag shopping is based on a gambling impulse then I think you are might not quite understand why this feature was added. Cause it had nothing to do with gaming. Cause if it was.... then a good game developer would have created a good solid RPG system around it - instead of slot machine features.

I can't help ppl that dont admit issues. All I can do is to point it out and then find a good game that is build on real RPG systems where player has more effect on the outcome rather than just putting money into the slot machine. Thats why I resubbed to WOW after 10 mins of looking at SWTOR F2P model.
    You'll always win arguments when you put words in people's mouths. I never said it wasn't gambling.

The items inside the packs are fluff. They are game related but essentially fluff. If you have a problem with that then I'm happy for you that you're going to try out WoW again as clearly TOR's current direction offends you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    BW and Turbine's F2P/Extended Trial/Hybrid models (whatever the hell you want to call them) are not the same. Also, Turbine didn't offer Turbine points for being subscribed previous to their F2P announcement aside from how many anniversaries you'd been a subscriber for. In order to receive those Turbine points that you would have gotten as a subscriber, you most certainly had to be subscribed at the launch of F2P. You received your points for your deeds because you'd already accomplished them and it would have been a dick move on Turbine's part to now allow you to gain coins from things you had already accomplished when new players could. That's a very good way to lose customers. Seeing as how TOR doesn't have deeds and also has no way of earning currency in game, a comparison can't be made.

And, yes, when BW first announced moving to F2P, many people thought you would get your coins whether you were subbed or not. Others thought the opposite. They changed/clarified it. Things change. You can't read something at the very beginning and expect it to be exactly the same as it is when it launches. It's like reading an original movie script before the director starts cutting and adding things. Or seeing the first information about Cataclysm, then not paying attention to it at all until it launches and going "Uh, where's the Path of the Titans". Next time, keep abreast of the situation if it actually matters to you. If you had done that, you would have seen that this conversation has been had a thousand times in this subforum.
    i was still interested in this game i would be playing it, i am not so i check from time to time, and this game isn't much important for me anymore, for me this is simply a shitty move from BW because i already earned them by being a subscriber nearly since the release plus i bought CE of this game.
    It doesn't matter if Turbine and BW have different F2P models, all that matters is i got saying ok you earned that points but to access it you need to pay us once more, i deserve them because they are rewards for me being a former subscriber and owner of CE of this game.
    I know i will lose if i do not subscribe but it is like saying :" you won a reward in lottery but you need to pay us some more to be able to access it at all, sorry for not saying that at all".
    I do not really care that much about it, it is more saying here are few presents for you but you cannot access it before paying us some money. That i am angry about.

Raiding is gambling as you don't know what items the boss will drop