Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Rogue Invisibility

Hello, Mmo-champions!

I was dueling with my Feral fellow.
    Both of us (rogue and druid) have invisibility, right?
    The point is:
    Almost Every single time we were dueling, he cought me first. WHY? How it could be?
    I'm tired of being hit by warriors' "Shattering Throw" from the distance of ~20 ft, while i'm still 'stealthed'

Rogue - is one of the most concealed, masked class in game.
    And from now on, almost every in-game class can be stealthed. Mages, Hunters, Druids. EVEN PRIESTS. WHY?
    The most terrible thing is their stealth is MORE EFFECTIVE.

My opinion - it shouldn't be this way.
    If you gave stealth to priests and other guys, please make it less effective, so we (rogues) could find them and they - couldn't find us.
    This is so wrong.

welcome to MoP
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Hello, Mmo-champions!

I was dueling with my Feral fellow.
    Both of us (rogue and druid) have invisibility, right?
    The point is:
    Almost Every single time we were dueling, he cought me first. WHY? How it could be?
    I'm tired of being hit by warriors' "Shattering Throw" from the distance of ~20 ft, while i'm still 'stealthed'

Rogue - is one of the most concealed, masked class in game.
    And from now on, almost every in-game class can be stealthed. Mages, Hunters, Druids. EVEN PRIESTS. WHY?
    The most terrible thing is their stealth is MORE EFFECTIVE.

My opinion - it shouldn't be this way.
    If you gave stealth to priests and other guys, please make it less effective, so we (rogues) could find them and they - couldn't find us.
    This is so wrong.
    Would probably be nice for rogues to have an increased level of stealth passively, what shadow walk gives. Then replace shadow walk with a mini perception (or whatever that old human racial was called). Does feel "eurgh.." being outstealthed by anything other than fellow rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeast View Post
    Would probably be nice for rogues to have an increased level of stealth passively, what shadow walk gives. Then replace shadow walk with a mini perception (or whatever that old human racial was called). Does feel "eurgh.." being outstealthed by anything other than fellow rogues.
    I found it funny when I saw rogues excited for shadow, only because they thought it was going to improve our current stealth, when in reality our stealth was nerfed for this ability to come to fruition!

Wait till you get to fight a demo lock with 500% fire aoe range...that's fun.

When you have a stealth vs stealth fight the winner will be the person who has the best computer/internet.

Even if you have a advantage (tbc and wotlk stuff used to give small advantage) latency still plays a bigger role then any ability you may or may not posses.

^

To elaborate, your stealth is even with the cat. Your small advantage is that you can spam a sap macro, but your odds are really about even. If the cat glyphed prowl and took movement speed, he'll even be faster than you if you took movement speed (and you probably didn't).

Ferals will have an easier time following you while their stealth speed is greater, movement speed takes advantage of how slow and desynced the server is to share stealth detections. If he's got pvp 4set, and/or feline swiftness, and/or prowl glyph, and/or night elf, he moves in his normal stealth almost as fast as you do sprinting. Only resort is to glyph shadow walk and hope you get lucky or just deal with them getting the jump on you.

Have him look at his movement speed on the character sheet and compare it to yours with various effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    Wait till you get to fight a demo lock with 500% fire aoe range...that's fun.
    Mannoroths Fury is hilariously stupid. I got RoF'd out of stealth while defending waterworks by a warlock that was assaulting the mines.
    Last edited by Kaustos; 2012-11-17 at 10:16 PM.