Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    His point would be that while you can avoid doing daylies and still get vp you cant spend vp without doing daylies (minus the neck from Klaxxi). Not sure it can be bend or highlighted more than that if you still don't get it.
    There's no discussing about whether you need to do something to gain something. Point is that do you need to do it.

The OP is failing to see the way other people play.

I play the game for playing the AH and using my professions. To play the way I want to, dailies are mandatory.

A big part of the game for a lot of people is earning and spending their valor. Dailies are mandatory, if you plan to spend the valor you earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Because it's even more repetitive on alts, because crafting patterns are hidden behind rep grinds (which is my main reason for lots of alts personally), because some guilds like you to have more than one toon at a certain level of gear etc etc. I'm going to be doing those dailies for the rest of the xpac just for patterns personally.
    And if you weren't doing the dailies you be running the same dungeons over and over and over again. The same raids over and over and over again. The same everything over and over and over again.

Bottom line is that this is an mmo, and for a long, long time the formula for an mmo has been to grind the same things over and over again for rewards.

You guys who are complaining so much about the dailies are complaining about being forced to do something you don't wanna do. Let me ask this:

Why do I have to raid to get the best gear? Why is it Heroic modes give the best gear. I don't want to have to devote my entire life to WoW in order to get the best gear possible. Why do I have to run battlegrounds and arenas to get the best pvp gear?

Consider the factions to have the best "pre-raid" gear. If you want the best pre-raid gear, you will be forced to earn that gear. Just as I am forced to complete heroic raids to earn the best gear. It's the SAME problem but on a lower level. You just have this concept that your way of earning gear is more or less fun than my way is, and then complaining you don't want to have to be forced to play my way.

There is SO MUCH HYPOCRISY running around it's absolutely mind boggling.

In the end, it's Blizzard's design on how we ALL earn our gear. No one is being forced to do anything because no one HAS to play this game. No one HAS to be in the best gear they can or have the best gear or the most money. But unfortunately, we live in a society where, especially among young adults, we expect things to be granted to us on our command for little or no work. Especially in a gaming format where we "pay to play." Just because you're paying, doesn't mean you're entitled to the best shit. You have to work for it, because contrary to your logic, the world and this game do NOT revolve around you, your play style or your philosophies on what is fun or what is not.

If blizzard feels their design isn't what they intended, they will change it. If they end up losing a lot of money because people are quitting because of it, they will also probably change it. It just bores the hell out of me that so many people time and time again ruin a game where achieving something matters all because they threaten to unsub. Play the aspects of the game you like to play and let others play theirs. But when you don't find something fun, don't act like it's all mandatory for you to do, because NOTHING in this game is mandatory for you as an individual human being to DO. Wanting and needing are two different things. If you want the best gear, bite the bullet and just DO.

And P.S. They are adding in items you purchase in 5.1 where all toons on your entire account earn double the rep from pandaria factions once you hit revered on just ONE toon. So stop acting like it's such a hard grind. I legitimately leveled up a monk from 1-90 and I finished ALL the Pandaria factions to exalted 999/1000. I work. I have a husband and a social life. There's not reason you can't afford to spend 2 or less hours per day to do your dailies if you want the rewards THAT badly.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The OP is failing to see the way other people play.

I play the game for playing the AH and using my professions. To play the way I want to, dailies are mandatory.

A big part of the game for a lot of people is earning and spending their valor. Dailies are mandatory, if you plan to spend the valor you earned.
    I'm sorry but "Mandatory" and "If" contradict. Something cannot be mandatory if you absolutely do not need to do them. Considering the raids were downed fast enough without rep gear, it's proven possible to do so without it. You're wrong, you've been proven wrong and what you "want" is not relative to what is mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to get honored/revered and exalted, without the rewards being outdated by the time you get to that point...
    At least justice points and valor points will be useful for upgrading existing items next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    It's a simple case of the minority complaining
    Oh really? Do tell where you get your stats! I'd love to hear the breakdown. Especially since I've never heard anyone in the game with positive remarks about the rep & valor/jp changes in MoP. Every comment I've heard was negative. But clearly you have access to a data warehouse of logged opinions, by which you can clearly tell that only a minority of players dislike it.

By the way, a minority in WoW can still be millions of players.

The dailies work just as they did in TBC (I guess the people crying about it missed the only good expansion pre-mop), whereas if you wanted mounts etc, you earned it.

Actually, now I brought TBC up, the people crying about dailies now, all probably missed attunements. That's right, raids back then required you to do quest chains just to get through the doors, you have it extremely easy now, it's quite sad.
    mmmmm No.

In TBC each dungeon gave rep for kills inside it normal mode gave about half of what heroic mode did and you could farm them.

Blizzard came out and said they don't want players double dipping aka reps/gear in dungeons so they changed it and double dipping has been in WOW since at lease TBC maybe even some parts of Original wow.

So ether you never played TBC or chose to remember somethings.

Also if you recall people did grind the normal mode of those dungeons for rep to honored so they could get the keys to play in other dungeons and heroic modes of them.

MOP is not alt friendly and all this gating crap is kinda scary cause like the start of cata there was a decent amount of content and it got blew threw and after t11 there was a huge lack of content. Since now blizzard has gated it to death they can strech it out and make it all feel longer then what it really is.

Can't wait to see how t15 turns out.....even now there gating the brawlers guild with the BMAH....Gate this gate that the shit is getting old.

How about you and blizzard stop trying to force people to play one way and give them options.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-18 at 02:22 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I think the biggest problem with dailys was that there were so many factions it was overwhelming trying to do them all when you get to 90 but people dont realize that even if you are going for the absolute quickest possible route for getting the gear you dont need to do them all at once.

1. Get GL + Klaxxi to exalted to get the neck and ring.
    2. take time off
    3. Get shadowpan or AC to revered
    4. take some more time off
    5. Get the other to revered

The reason you dont need to do all at once is that you earn rep faster then you can spend valor points due to the cap. Therefore you get no benefit to doing them quicker after GL + Klaxxi.

Tillers, Anglers, and CS give no gear so you dont need to do them unless you want cosmetics and if you do thats hardly mandatory
    Last edited by Aktec; 2012-11-18 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    I think the biggest problem with dailys was that there were so many factions it was overwhelming trying to do them all when you get to 90 but people dont realize that even if you are going for the absolute quickest possible route for getting the gear you dont need to do them all at once.

1. Get GL + Klaxxi to exalted to get the neck and ring.
    2. take a few days off
    3. Get shadowpan or AC to revered
    4. take some more time off
    5. Get the other to revered

The reason you dont need to do all at once is that you earn rep faster then you can spend valor points due to the cap. Therefore you get no benefit to doing them quicker after GL + Klaxxi.

Tillers, Anglers, and CS give no gear so you dont need to do them unless you want cosmetics and if you do thats hardly mandatory
    Tillers, Anglers, and CS add to getting charms so u get a extra chance to roll on gear so until you get a decent amount of lesser charms you kinda have to do them to speed it up a bit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It is really amazing that people can read into things that aren't there as if they are looking for something to disagree with.

Also, you are wrong about the Golden Lotus. You have to do dailies to get rep with them. Klaxxi and Shado-Pan can get to honored from normal questing but that is only 2 pecies of gear that don't necessarily require dailies (which honestly isn't much different when it comes down to it and is just picking at details). Most of their gear requires revered.
    But that's not what you said. You said you can't even spend valor on gear without doing dailies, and yes you can. It just may not be the gear you want, in which case it may be time to do a bit of work if you want something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    And if you weren't doing the dailies you be running the same dungeons over and over and over again. The same raids over and over and over again. The same everything over and over and over again.
    The difference being I enjoy that.

I've never asked for dailies to be removed, simply for other options to bought in to line so that there is legitimate choice about how to obtain things. Crazy I know but it's a game and should be enjoyable.

You guys who are complaining so much about the dailies are complaining about being forced to do something you don't wanna do. Let me ask this:

Why do I have to raid to get the best gear? Why is it Heroic modes give the best gear. I don't want to have to devote my entire life to WoW in order to get the best gear possible. Why do I have to run battlegrounds and arenas to get the best pvp gear?
    So you're saying that to get raid gear you raid, and to get pvp gear you pvp. But to do professions or entry level raiding (normals) you do dailies. What's the connection between tedious repetitive solo questing and that outcome exactly? I don't see it. People don't object to raiding for raid gear or pvping for pvp gear because they are directly on the progression path they're already taking and have some actual relation to the outcome. Dailies aren't and don't.

But unfortunately, we live in a society where, especially among young adults, we expect things to be granted to us on our command for little or no work.
    Every bit of research that's been done says the average age of wow players is in the 30s, hence all the annoyance about having to log in daily and grind. Sure we were all in college when wow started, but life's moved on.

Especially in a gaming format where we "pay to play." Just because you're paying, doesn't mean you're entitled to the best shit. You have to work for it, because contrary to your logic, the world and this game do NOT revolve around you, your play style or your philosophies on what is fun or what is not.
    I don't think anyone is objecting to 'working for it', they are objecting that he work is not at all enjoyable, in a game in which it's reasonable to expect some level of enjoyment from activities. Things aren't worth more just because they weren't fun to get. And actually yes, if enough people hate dailies enough it will change, Blizzard does make an effort to be responsive to their players, they do a tonne of data analysis for that purpose so to some extent it does revolve around our collective opinions.

I realise trashing people who hate dailies is the cool thing to do on these forums at the moment, but every poll that's been done here ends up about 55-45 to people who loathe them vs those who love them. There is a significant part of the playerbase who think this is garbage, and no amount of being scolded by people who can't cope with the fact that it's a matter of opinion and that not everyone plays the same way they do is going to change that.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-11-18 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    I'm sorry but "Mandatory" and "If" contradict. Something cannot be mandatory if you absolutely do not need to do them. Considering the raids were downed fast enough without rep gear, it's proven possible to do so without it. You're wrong, you've been proven wrong and what you "want" is not relative to what is mandatory.
    I don't understand. How is, how I choose the play the game, "wrong"? Help me understand.

And I never said anything about raiding in my post that you quoted, but you referenced raiding. So the only thing I can think of, is that you have a comprehension problem. It is also possible that you quoted the wrong poster, if so disregard this!

Deleted
    It's a simple case of the minority complaining about being "forced" to do something which has been proven to be 100% optional
    Is it now? Then why did I have to watch videos of the story for Shado-Pan / Celestials / Exalted Golden Lotus?

I can't even ride my Crimson Cloud Serpent..

So sad that everybody always only thinks about progression.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I have no problem with going out into the world but, for me, up to this point, it's a case of feeling forced to rather than wanting to.

My two biggest motivators to play WoW are storyline and group-play; storyline finishes after you complete all the quests (or once you grind all the dailies *vomits*) and there is no group play left "out in the world" (except for the near-mythical dailies that require a group, yay dailies). In contrast I've happily leveled tanks and healers solely through the dungeon finder with short trips to Hellfire, Tundra and Hyjal to get some gear. I have no reason to ever go out into a zone once I've finished the story; it's a waste of my time. The only reason Blizzard provides are "carrot on a stick" style rewards for repetitive content I'd much rather not do, so I don't do it.

I'm not saying that Blizzard cannot find ways to make the world interesting after reaching max level but, for me, they haven't succeeded yet.

Additionally, I'm one of those crazy people who enjoyed it back in TBC when you made a group and flew out to the dungeon instead of queuing.
    I clearly haven't posted this enough!...
    Instead of dailies, Blizzard should make story lines through quest chains which allow you to gain rep with factions (depending on which chain you're doing). These chains should be challenging and interesting (no mindless zombie killing over and over again). They would provide a good story and possibly grindable mobs on the side (i.e. there are certain enemies you can grind next to doing the quests). Think of chains like the Karazhan attunement without all the traveling! These questchains should include elite mobs that require more than mindlessly spamming "insert powerful attack here". These quests can take you into dungeons, etc.

There was a good example for solo content a while back although in my opinion it had a little too much grinding in it. I think the idea was to create a set of islands near Pandaria with elites and whatnot on them. In my opinion the base of that idea is really good! It would be a good way of gaining reputation without having to do a billion dailies but you won't get everything on a plate either.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't understand. How is, how I choose the play the game, "wrong"? Help me understand.

And I never said anything about raiding in my post that you quoted, but you referenced raiding. So the only thing I can think of, is that you have a comprehension problem. It is also possible that you quoted the wrong poster, if so disregard this!
    There is nothing wrong with choosing to play a certain way, as long as you are also willing to accept that making that choice may prevent you from doing certain things or having access to certain items. Where myself and others have a problem is when people say that they should have access to the exact same rewards even though they are completely unwilling to do the required content to get them. The "wrong" comes from expecting Blizzard to develop the game according to your playstyle instead of adapting your playstyle to conform to the structures of the game.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, we all see a minority of people constantly crying over the fact that they feel as they have no option but to do dailies, and I cannot for the life of me see why they feel that way, it literally baffles me.
    Let's put it this way: just leveling Kevyne I'm so bored I'm here posting while he's sitting at a quest giver now.

Went from difficult in Cata to sleep material in MoP. WotLK had the right balance between difficult and easy. What's going to take so long leveling Kev is due to the sheer boredom and just wanting to goto bed, instead. It's THAT boring.

I can just imagine how the rep grind will be. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still leveling my main to 90. I just got MoP a week or so ago, and I'm taking my time with it. Here's how I'll be approaching the dailys:

1) One or two reps per day, focusing first on largest power upgrades.
    2) My Hunter is Engineering and Leatherworking. There is no gating on Engineering patterns, which just leaves Leatherworking. This makes Golden Lotus an easy target for first rep to grind, plus 3 epics (ring at Honored, and chest/shoulders at Revered). The Klaxxi will probably be the other, with The Tillers shifting in priority depending on how much I care about farming.
    3) I will probably ignore the gear upgrades for my alts. They are basically crafting alts, so I will be focusing solely on the reps that benefit their specific professions, with the possible exception of the Order of the Cloud Serpent.
    4) Only my Hunter will be getting Exalted with all the reputations. It's my main, and I see no reason to get Exalted with every rep on every character, except OCS so they can all ride the lovely Cloud Serpents.
    5) I won't be doing the dailies every single day on every single character. My Hunter will likely be my only 90 for some time, so probably by the time I get another to 90 he may already be Exalted with everything.
    6) You don't need to do ALL THE THINGS EVERY DAY ALL DAY. The expansion's going to be around for at least 1.5-2 years which is plenty of time to collect and complete everything. I still have old stuff to grind out, and if 5.1 brings the ability to run old raids without actually requiring a raid group, I can see myself being extremely busy, and never ever bored of things to do. Heck, I still haven't even maxed out Archaeology and Loremaster. I took a great majority of this year off from the game, so while everyone else was bored with DS but still grinding it out every week, I was out getting fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    There is nothing wrong with choosing to play a certain way, as long as you are also willing to accept that making that choice may prevent you from doing certain things or having access to certain items. Where myself and others have a problem is when people say that they should have access to the exact same rewards even though they are completely unwilling to do the required content to get them. The "wrong" comes from expecting Blizzard to develop the game according to your playstyle instead of adapting your playstyle to conform to the structures of the game.
    What the hell are you talking about? I am paying real money for my subscription, the game better deliver something worth that money. If the gaming company is getting my money, I damn well expect the company to adjust the game to deliver something fun for me instead of adjusting my idea of fun to fit whatever is easy for gaming companies to produce. As it is, PvE revolves around dailies and grinds so much that it simply isn't fun any more. They still keep my sub because of PvP but that's not exactly secure considering that there's plenty of good PvP games while raiding was only ever decent in WoW of all games I've tried. If I want a mindless unchallenging time-consuming grind I can do that in plenty of free to play grindfests.

Sure, you can skip the dailies... in the same way that you can skip wearing pants to a job interview. Good luck explaining to a trade pug that you CAN clear the bosses in blues when most people in trade have a good bunch of valor gear already and good luck explaining to a proper raiding guild that you're not going to do the work to gear up yourself because you'll just get gear on guild raids. You're locked out of raids if you don't do dailies, you're locked out of professions, most of the RP content is tied to dailies this time and you'll have no reason to do heroics since you'll end up with a 460ish item level very fast and the valor is useless without reps.

There's a lot of things to do *if* you first grind reputations. There's *nothing* besides LFR if you don't and I've yet to meet anyone that actually likes doing LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    As it turns out not everybody enjoys the same things as you do. Crazy I know.
    I am shocked by this myself...we should be our own voice not the voice of the community
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? I am paying real money for my subscription, the game better deliver something worth that money. If the gaming company is getting my money, I damn well expect the company to adjust the game to deliver something fun for me instead of adjusting my idea of fun to fit whatever is easy for gaming companies to produce. As it is, PvE revolves around dailies and grinds so much that it simply isn't fun any more. They still keep my sub because of PvP but that's not exactly secure considering that there's plenty of good PvP games while raiding was only ever decent in WoW of all games I've tried. If I want a mindless unchallenging time-consuming grind I can do that in plenty of free to play grindfests.

Sure, you can skip the dailies... in the same way that you can skip wearing pants to a job interview. Good luck explaining to a trade pug that you CAN clear the bosses in blues when most people in trade have a good bunch of valor gear already and good luck explaining to a proper raiding guild that you're not going to do the work to gear up yourself because you'll just get gear on guild raids. You're locked out of raids if you don't do dailies, you're locked out of professions, most of the RP content is tied to dailies this time and you'll have no reason to do heroics since you'll end up with a 460ish item level very fast and the valor is useless without reps.

There's a lot of things to do *if* you first grind reputations. There's *nothing* besides LFR if you don't and I've yet to meet anyone that actually likes doing LFR.
    I'm going to have to agree with Angry McGee here. I've been 90 for a while now, and I'm bored. No raiding guilds will look at me (As 25-man is the only format I desire), and pugs won't take anyone under a 475 ilvl. I've been playing since BC and I haven't been out of raiding for this long. I wish, at least, the good profession recipes weren't gated behind reputations so more people had them. Maybe then I could convince someone to craft something for me. As it is, no one I know is doing the dailies so no one has the patterns.