Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Angrathar the Wrathgate

I've just watched it again on front page stream...

Each time I do it, chills go down my spine and I get thrilled...

This is truly the best cinematic done by Blizzard.

Why is it like this? Perhaps the words "Did you think we had forgotten? Did you thing we had forgiven?" which can be identified with my own people.

No other Blizzard cinematic manage to provoke the reaction as this one did...

Truly legendary masterpiece!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rise Up Sons of the Horde, Blood and Glory Await Us!
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Rise Up Sons of the Horde, Blood and Glory Await Us!
    Lok'tar O'gar!
    Last edited by Demetrion; 2012-11-19 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Typo

Sucks so hard they removed the best part which was the quest chain that happens afterwards

I honestly believe the battle for the undercity has never been topped

Deleted
    For lord bolvar!

It's because Lich King was truly a formidable antagonist (and quite resembled Witch King of Angmar), and warlock's tier 8 was truly ominous looking.

Oh and those words:
    "Death to the Scourge!
    ..and death to the living!"

And it was quite an emotional cinematic after all, with very nice BGM.

The real badass of the cinematic was Bolvar. Hell, he was the real badass of the expansion.

I like Varian and everything, but no leader will every replace him. I swooned when he mentioned my character helping him with Onyxia.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    Because its about competition and crushing your opponents, thats why you like those paragraphs.
    But i like more "This is the hour of the forsaken".
    I also have a weakness for a given faction that goes against all others and yet it rises above all. Like Putress did for a brief moment.

Trassk (aka flower power guy) surely doesnt like this.
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2012-11-17 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    This.. isn't.. over...

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    Because its about competition and crushing your opponents, thats why you like those paragraphs.
    But i like more "This is the hour of the forsaken".
    I also have a weakness for a given faction that goes against all others and yet it rises above all. Like Putress did for a brief moment.

Trassk (aka flower power guy) surely doesnt like this.
    Putress never 'rose above all'. He never even went against all others. He hid on a cliff and shot barrels of goo at forces already in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Putress never 'rose above all'. He never even went against all others. He hid on a cliff and shot barrels of goo at forces already in combat.
    And what was he supposed to do, go down and die like fragile alliance and horde forces?

Deleted
    Each with his methods, but for that brief moment he crushed all of them!
    I also prefer troops stampede and Close and Personal combat like Old Horde crushed the draeneis and almost drove humans to extinction and Warsong Clan crushed the night elves.
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2012-11-17 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And what was he supposed to do, go down and die like fragile alliance and horde forces?
    He died anyway. To 'fragile' Alliance and Horde forces.

'Cept they just fucking beat the shit out of him until he turned into a different kind of goo (the puddle of gore kind)

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    Each with his methods, but for that brief moment he crushed all of them!
    I also prefer troops stampede and Close and Personal combat like Old Horde.
    Saurfang Jr. Was already dead.
    Bolvar didn't die.
    The Lich King went back to his throne and took some Robitussin, apparently.

He just killed a bunch of faceless Scourge and grunts. And then they just turned around and went back to UC for some reason.

He died anyway. To 'fragile' Alliance and Horde forces.

'Cept they just fucking beat the shit out of him until he turned into a different kind of goo (the puddle of gore kind)[COLOR="red"]
    Every being of flesh is fragile and dies when confronted with superior numbers, ascended beings notwithstanding. Thats why brains of the operations stand above all and dont charge in a suicidal fashion into the battlefield.

Also, Bolvar was saved by life-giving flames of red dragonflight, which is bullshitty enough as it stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas should have deathgripped Putress off that cliff and straight into frostmourne.

I don't know why they don't reintroduce Battle for the Undercity as a Scenario
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    What Putress did was not only deceitful, it was stupid beyond comprehension. I mean it's one thing to attack the Alliance forces at a moment where they should be uniting with the Horde against the Lich King, but to kill your own allies and to basically put yourself into a position where they both come after you to kill you - wow Putress, good thinking. I'm not sure how much Varimathras or even Sylvanas manipulated him, but still, worst move you can pull off in that situation.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't know why they don't reintroduce Battle for the Undercity as a Scenario
    That would be great, I miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putress wasn't that stupid. He had already betrayed Sylvanas; killing off swathes of all three factions (all of which he was now opposed to) isn't that bad of a move. It incriminated Sylvanas and set the Horde and Alliance against each other again, while he and his new master Varimathras went about summoning Sargeras through the Undercity.

RIP Putress. His VA was stellar.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has always been my favorite as well. Every time I level a character through Northrend I make sure to open enough of Dragonblight just to get to see the cinematic (even though I know I could go back and watch it by talking to Alexstrasza). There's a sense of accomplishment in each character that gets to it.

Most everyone still just focuses on the Horde because they're so cool and badass, but honestly what I liked about the Wrathgate was the end because of how it wove into the overall plot of the expansion. That seemed like it was a climax of the story and turned into a complete routing. The music at the end with Bolvar's voice over "We're finished. No escape...for any of us." was so perfectly dismal for that scene.