Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yups. Loved it to bits. As a Forsaken (at the time), I cheered as Bolvar led his warriors forward. I cheered louder when Saurfang jr. joined in. I held my heart when Saurfang attacked Arthas, and I aww'd when he got instagibbed... I worried for Bolvar's safety (come on, Blizz, Bolvar is one of my favourite faction leaders! After killing Saurfang jr, don't take Bolvar away!), and then the Forsaken appeared with their dread machines, and I thought they'd save the day...
    And it turned out they weren't the Forsaken at all, but some fel-corrupted spawn of demonic evil that stabbed 'us' (Horde and Alliance) in the back. It was a 'Wha..? No! Noooo!' moment if ever there was any.
    And then we got to kill them all, free the Undercity, and be trash-talked by Varian. Epic quest-line, but come on, Varian... Honestly.
    Wish Bolvar were still in charge of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    Because its about competition and crushing your opponents, thats why you like those paragraphs.
    But i like more "This is the hour of the forsaken".
    I also have a weakness for a given faction that goes against all others and yet it rises above all. Like Putress did for a brief moment.

Trassk (aka flower power guy) surely doesnt like this.
    i think you completely missed the entire point of the cinematic >_<

it had nothing to do with competition or crushing their opponents.

the begining of the cinematic was about unity the second half was about agony and betrayal and the end was about hope.

putress didnt care about competition or crushing his enemies he was just a hate filled being who decided that all life should die which is why he allied with the burning legion because thats what the burning legion wants to destroy all life and reboot the universe
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Putress never 'rose above all'. He never even went against all others. He hid on a cliff and shot barrels of goo at forces already in combat.
    He did rise above all. And he was a hero that day. No greater honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    I've just watched it again on front page stream...

Each time I do it, chills go down my spine and I get thrilled...

This is truly the best cinematic done by Blizzard.

Why is it like this? Perhaps the words "Did you think we had forgotten? Did you thing we had forgiven?" which can be identified with my own people.

No other Blizzard cinematic manage to provoke the reaction as this one did...

Truly legendary masterpiece!
    What do you mean "my own people?"
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    He did rise above all. And he was a hero that day. No greater honor.
    how was he a hero? it was a moment of unity with the alliance and horde a moment that hasnt been seen since the gates of aq and the battle for mt hyjal and he decided to ally with the faction that wants to exterminate all life in the universe.

that moment not only turned the cold war between the alliance and horde into a full war but it also divided the horde and forced the forsaken to basically be turned into villains in the eyes of the horde
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how was he a hero? it was a moment of unity with the alliance and horde a moment that hasnt been seen since the gates of aq and the battle for mt hyjal and he decided to ally with the faction that wants to exterminate all life in the universe.
    Seeing as Arthas was also at the Wrathgate, I don't think Putress was trying to make an alliance with him.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Seeing as Arthas was also at the Wrathgate, I don't think Putress was trying to make an alliance with him.
    arthas isnt a part of the burning legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    You implied that Arthas' Scourge was the faction that wanted to exterminate all life in the universe. Sorry.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Demons, now apparently not a lifeform.

Bolvar is who the horde had to kill in vanilla in order to 'defeat' Stormwind. The king was missing, and his son was a child. When the horde would attack, Anduin wasn't attackable, Bolvar was. When you completed the "Grand Masquerade" quest to get the attunement to enter Onyxia's Lair and she appeared in the throne room, Bolvar sent Anduin running to safety as part of the quest - then soloed Onyxia and her guards.

He was our leader, and the only NPC any company has ever managed to make me feel emotions about.

He's basically the Alliance version of Thrall. (Was the faction leader, etc.)

Now compare Thrall's fate with Bolvar's fate. Both saved Azeroth. One gets to marry the love of his life, gets to be a dad (*squee he wanted to be a father* how f'n sweet). The other is damned to an eternity of undeath after suffering untold tortures.

Um. For the horde, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Demons, now apparently not a lifeform.
    sargeras wants to destroy all the demons too. the goal of the burning legion is to destroy all other life in the universe then he will destroy the legion and then recreate the universe.

if it were up to sargeras he would probably do it all solo but he wasnt so far gone to think he could take on the titans all by himself and their armies and creations without one of his own

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Bolvar is who the horde had to kill in vanilla in order to 'defeat' Stormwind. The king was missing, and his son was a child. When the horde would attack, Anduin wasn't attackable, Bolvar was. When you completed the "Grand Masquerade" quest to get the attunement to enter Onyxia's Lair and she appeared in the throne room, Bolvar sent Anduin running to safety as part of the quest - then soloed Onyxia and her guards.

He was our leader, and the only NPC any company has ever managed to make me feel emotions about.

Now compare Thrall's fate with Bolvar's fate. Both saved Azeroth. One gets to marry the love of his life, gets to be a dad (*squee he wanted to be a father* how f'n sweet). The other is damned to an eternity of undeath after suffering untold tortures.

The two aren't really comparable. Not a lot of players knew much at all about Bolvar, compared to Thrall. Bolvar's more comparable to Saurfang, maybe, and different stories/fates are different.

What do you expect when the company has a statue of Thrall in its lobby and its employees shout FOR DA HOARD at players?

Meanwhile, Thrall has left the Horde before he gets to save Azeroth, and the new boss in town turns out to be... A raidboss.
    Yeah. For the Horde. Definitely. Uhuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Sucks so hard they removed the best part which was the quest chain that happens afterwards

I honestly believe the battle for the undercity has never been topped
    Wait what they removed that ! oh man and here i ame lvling an alt just for that specific part =(

Quote Originally Posted by roguematthias View Post
    i don't know why they don't reintroduce battle for the undercity as a scenario
    we need this!

You and me both dude, I LOVE this cinematic and watch it to this day, I had thought the forsaken were breaking off into a third faction... hopes were dashed soon after. I can still hope.

I get goosebumps during that scene when the Horde coming rushing down that hillside.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i definately thought it was the best one to date. granted i havent seen any of the ones in MoP but for what ive seen from vanilla to cata it was tops. putress's laugh and commentary was really good, i liked his voice acting.

when saurfang jr. came rumbling down the ramp out of the camp i wont lie it gave me goosebumps. i was sad to see him turned into an undead. and the battle for undercity was just awesome, i had friends in the guild that would let me play their toons because they didnt want to sit thru the 20 mins it took. i did it several times and it was fun everytime.

i would definately jump on board for them to make that a scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    It is probably easier for a Nathrezim (fully fledged demon) to summon Sargeras (a Vanir) than it is for Kael'Thas Sunstrider (a Blood Elf) to summon Kil'jaeden (an Eredar like Velen).
    a vanir is an earth giant, not a titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.