Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    a vanir is an earth giant, not a titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargeras' wiki article on WoWwiki
    Sargeras was once a vanir titan, a Champion of the Pantheon chosen to defend the worlds they had created.
    [...]
    Race(s): Vanir titan (former), Dark titan
    Unless that's been retconned...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    I've just watched it again on front page stream...

Each time I do it, chills go down my spine and I get thrilled...

This is truly the best cinematic done by Blizzard.

Why is it like this? Perhaps the words "Did you think we had forgotten? Did you thing we had forgiven?" which can be identified with my own people.

No other Blizzard cinematic manage to provoke the reaction as this one did...

Truly legendary masterpiece!
    For me the Warcraft 3 ones were alot more epic

Orc Ending and Human ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwIPo5x8B4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXq2E...eature=related

Deleted
    I thought it was incredibly out of character to have Orcs run away from the scene after the cutscene had ended. As far as I know, Orcs don't know fear and welcome death. Why are they running away again? Seriously?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    What do you mean "my own people?"
    My country suffered greatly during the civil war which erupted in early 90's. Tens of thousands innocent were killed mercilessly by the aggressor in the last days of said war. And when I say killed, I don't mean collateral damage from bombing or some other sort of attack. They were executed. They didn't choose the age, it only mattered to them that they were men. Women were raped and were forced to watch their husbands and kids being killed.

Forces which committed those deeds were under command of one man which ordered those executions. It took over 15 years to capture him.

After the news spread about him finally being caught, citizens came out of streets with paroles saying those words:

"We didn't forget, we will never forgive!" "God forgives, we do not!"

At the moment he's being trialed for everything he's done.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I thought it was incredibly out of character to have Orcs run away from the scene after the cutscene had ended. As far as I know, Orcs don't know fear and welcome death. Why are they running away again? Seriously?!
    They were facing the unknown and beside they just witnessed their commander dying and Blovar ordering an retreat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Unless that's been retconned...
    It was retconned.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Tribunal_of_Ages
    Kaddrak yells: Correct. Creators neutralized parasitic threat and contained it within the host. Forge of Wills and other systems were instituted to create new Earthen. Safeguards were implemented and protectors were appointed.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: What protectors?
    Kaddrak yells: Designations: Aesir and Vanir or in common nomenclator Storm and Earth Giants. Sentinel Loken designated supreme.
    Your quote about Sargares is taken from the table top RPG books that are not considered canon anymore.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    It is probably easier for a Nathrezim (fully fledged demon) to summon Sargeras (a Vanir) than it is for Kael'Thas Sunstrider (a Blood Elf) to summon Kil'jaeden (an Eredar like Velen).
    Honestly he's right, during the Third War there were many Nathrezim on Azeroth but still they required the Sunwell to summon Archimonde.
    Heck, during the War of the Ancients it took the whole Well of Eternity together with the Dragon Soul in order to summon Sargeras.

I'd suppose that now it's a bit easier since the dead avatar of Sargeras is already on an island on Azeroth, but it seems pretty much unlikely that Putress and Varimathras could summon him by themselves nonetheless.

Deleted
    About the Vanir argument: both are correct. Wowpedia article for Vanir:

"Following the imprisonment of the Old Gods, Vanir were appointed as protectors on Azeroth. Vanir, in common nomenclator is "Earth Giants"."
    "There are two presumed types of titan, the stronger, smarter, more agile Aesir, and the tougher but less powerful Vanir."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    About the Vanir argument: both are correct. Wowpedia article for Vanir:

"Following the imprisonment of the Old Gods, Vanir were appointed as protectors on Azeroth. Vanir, in common nomenclator is "Earth Giants"."
    "There are two presumed types of titan, the stronger, smarter, more agile Aesir, and the tougher but less powerful Vanir."
    Yes, now notice how that second part is under the RPG section with the warning:
    "This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon."
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Eh there wasn't much of a chain, only the battle for the undercity which was just a waste of time once you've done it once.
    I did it like 6 times and enjoyed it each to the maximum (might be the damage which you could pump).

I agree. It was built from the start of Dragonsblight and required the players to do a majority of the zone (which was a lot of damn quests) and ended with a bang. Battle from Undercity was one of the best quests ever.

Jade Forest gave us a similar "here's a giant battle cinema3" thing but since there were no familiar characters and no epic conclusion, it was just meh.

Deleted
    The whole thing was cleverly designed.

Bolvar the alliance had known and loved since Vanilla, before he died/got burnt I'd seen the guy for what? Near on 4 years?! I loved his character and his bravery, especially in the face of such an enemy. Then of course I'm sure the same goes for Saurfang. It's why this cinematic and the cinematic at the end of ICC are the two most tear jerking for me. Because he was one of our own, our best, and we'd known him for so long! On many characters and through many hours! (*:

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Honestly he's right, during the Third War there were many Nathrezim on Azeroth but still they required the Sunwell to summon Archimonde.
    Heck, during the War of the Ancients it took the whole Well of Eternity together with the Dragon Soul in order to summon Sargeras.

I'd suppose that now it's a bit easier since the dead avatar of Sargeras is already on an island on Azeroth, but it seems pretty much unlikely that Putress and Varimathras could summon him by themselves nonetheless.
    we still dont know for sure if he was summoning sargeras or just a bunch of demons.

and even if he was he probably was summoning an avatar since it takes a huge amount of power to summon sargeras and azeroth would literally catch of fire and start having massive earthquakes if he did.

the only thing i dont get is though is did something change his ability to go to planets when he physically changed into a demonic titan? i mean we dont know much but it didnt seem like the titans had any problems landing on a planet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Bolvar is who the horde had to kill in vanilla in order to 'defeat' Stormwind. The king was missing, and his son was a child. When the horde would attack, Anduin wasn't attackable, Bolvar was. When you completed the "Grand Masquerade" quest to get the attunement to enter Onyxia's Lair and she appeared in the throne room, Bolvar sent Anduin running to safety as part of the quest - then soloed Onyxia and her guards.

He was our leader, and the only NPC any company has ever managed to make me feel emotions about.

He's basically the Alliance version of Thrall. (Was the faction leader, etc.)

Now compare Thrall's fate with Bolvar's fate. Both saved Azeroth. One gets to marry the love of his life, gets to be a dad (*squee he wanted to be a father* how f'n sweet). The other is damned to an eternity of undeath after suffering untold tortures.

Um. For the horde, I guess.
    Um, I would much rather have someone who continues to make the ultimate sacrifice as a leader by existing in torment than someone that just got married and had a kid. For the alliance, I guess

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lok'tar O'ar!
    Isn't it Lok'tar O'gar?

Then again, I am alliance and I am probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    we still dont know for sure if he was summoning sargeras or just a bunch of demons.

and even if he was he probably was summoning an avatar since it takes a huge amount of power to summon sargeras and azeroth would literally catch of fire and start having massive earthquakes if he did.

the only thing i dont get is though is did something change his ability to go to planets when he physically changed into a demonic titan? i mean we dont know much but it didnt seem like the titans had any problems landing on a planet
    There is no in-game lore to indicate WHO Varimathras was actually summoning, it however, was most likely NOT Sargeras as much as people would like to believe. Summoning Sargeras is no easy task. It was most likely Kil'jaeden or some other Lieutenant.

The reason why Sargeras has to be summoned is because he currently lacks a physical body. He is in the Twisting Nether somewhere after getting the Dark Portal slammed shut on him, since he was halfway through it, he basically just de-materialized completely and returned to the Nether.

It doesn't matter who tries to summon Sargeras, it will take an enormous amount of power, aka, the Sunwell or something of equal or greater power. Sargeras could not be summoned into Undercity through randomspellgraphicdemonicportal87.jpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Great cutscene but certainly not the best imo.
    Please tell me a single one that's better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Isn't it Lok'tar O'gar?

Then again, I am alliance and I am probably wrong.
    Lapsus linguae.

Lok'tar O'gar!
    *Insert generic Horde sucks, Alliance is the best comment here*
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Sucks so hard they removed the best part which was the quest chain that happens afterwards

I honestly believe the battle for the undercity has never been topped
    Meh, way way too many shitty mobs in that 1st, let call it "Scenario".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    *Insert generic Horde sucks, Alliance is the best comment here*
    Both battle cry's are over the fucking top!

"Highlord Bolvar! Take the lead! For the Alliance! For Lordaeron!" followed by "BACK YOU MINDLESS WRETCHED!"

and as Dreknar20 said:

"Rise up sons of the Horde! Blood and glory awaits us! Lok'tar O'gar! For the Horde!"