Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isopahajuho View Post
    You probably cleared DS with 30% nerf then. DS wasnt easy at all before blizzard started nerfing it.
    What!!!!! DS was a joke on normal imho

Deleted
    You probably cleared DS with 30% nerf then. DS wasnt easy at all before blizzard started nerfing it.
    did seconds realm kill yorsahj ect on heroic and some others in there and to be honest heroics at no nerf was not to hard.

Most people who say heroics weren't hard prenerf didn't kill them prenerf, can almost guarantee that. Heroic DS without buff was actually quite challenging until it started getting outgeared/buffed. In particular Warmaster and Spine were incredibly difficult prenerf.

Deleted
    Its a goddamn normal with people having gear from the first two raids alllready.
    Ofc its easy. We too cleared it in 3+ hours or so with the "elite" mode on the first boss.

Tank damage was higher than on the first two instances @ normalmode, but that was about it. Tactics for all the bosses were piss easy.
    Im guessing they will be hard gear checks when it comes to HC. Atleast Sha will be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvpimpin View Post
    What!!!!! DS was a joke on normal imho
    Normal has never been about difficulty, it's about fast clearing and getting loot for heroic progress.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    did seconds realm kill yorsahj ect on heroic and some others in there and to be honest heroics at no nerf was not to hard.
    Realm 1sts and 2nds and 3rds don't mean shit these days, certainly on low populated realms.

Since it's yorsahj, you probably killed it on 10man, which basically equals a walkover.

Please tell me that you're just trolling. DS on Normal at 0% was very easy. I cleared 5/8 HM DS at 0% and I wouldn't say that any of them were incredibly challenging; they were tough, but we were progressing at a steady rate. Now Warmaster and on, yes, those 3 were significantly harder than the preceding fights.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Really? I remember Al'akir 25 being quite a bitch to kill on normal. Even 10 man took more than Terrace bosses.

Gee, seeing how killing HoF bosses in required to access the Terrace - what's so strange about that? If anything, it proves the place is undertuned, if it's possible to "outgear" it as soon as it opens.
    Terrace drops the same ilvl loot as HoF. It's going to feel undertuned compared to going into MSV with 463 garbage and a piece of pvp gear, and going into HoF with 489s with a few 502s.

Also, Normal difficulty Throne of Four Winds was a complete joke. Conclave was one of the first few normal bosses most guilds tried (and one of the middle to last on Heroic), and Al'akir was like ten attempts on normal regardless of raid size (close to a hundred on heroic, though, and even more for 25m).

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by notdryad View Post
    Please tell me that you're just trolling. DS on Normal at 0% was very easy. I cleared 5/8 HM DS at 0% and I wouldn't say that any of them were incredibly challenging; they were tough, but we were progressing at a steady rate. Now Warmaster and on, yes, those 3 were significantly harder than the preceding fights.
    DS hard modes at 0% weren't faceroll easy. They were challenging. Morchok and the boss with the frost/lightning phase (blanking on name atm) were easy, but zon'ozz's ball was frustrating as fuck, and yor'sahj took some getting used to (especially if you didn't have a blood DK -_-). Ultrax was close before you got gear.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Gee, seeing how killing HoF bosses in required to access the Terrace - what's so strange about that? If anything, it proves the place is undertuned, if it's possible to "outgear" it as soon as it opens.
    It is tunned to be released at the same time than MSV and HOF. But they changed the release dates at the last moment. And retunning would need to get the raids into PTR or something because you need to test the new tune up. So they ended not retunning it.

Deleted
    For those saying normal is faceroll easy and only a stopping point on the road to 16/16HC ELITE.. do you realise that it's only the highly skilled minority that thinks this? It's completely untrue.

There are barely any guilds who have fully cleared HOF heroic i think it was 25 so far.

Hardly any guilds have killed any bosses on heroic in terrace.

This tier is fine.

I don't know about difficulty and all that as i only do LFR, but Terrace was kinda underwhelming, being the last raid released.

Sha of Fear, the last boss is supposed to have some difficult mechanics, but he seems easier then the other bosses which is kinda a letdown. Not to mention the raid is small as fuck, but that was the same case with Tot4W back in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I don't know about difficulty and all that as i only do LFR, but Terrace was kinda underwhelming, being the last raid released.

Sha of Fear, the last boss is supposed to have some difficult mechanics, but he seems easier then the other bosses which is kinda a letdown. Not to mention the raid is small as fuck, but that was the same case with Tot4W back in Cata.
    Wouldn't be so easy if it was released the same time as MSV. Gear is playing a bigger part towards the difficulty right now.

For normal difficulty Terrace is harder, but in terms of mechanics it's about the same. Bosses have 1 or 2 attacks you need to avoid/do and that's about it. Compared to HoF and MSV it's the easiest of the 3 in terms of learning the fights and mastering them. The only hard part about Terrace is beating the hard/soft enrage timers and dealing with the higher incoming damage, thats about it. Also normal Sha of Fear is harder then everything in normal DS/this tier solely because of DPS requirements, you can learn the entire fight in 1 attempt lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    so annoyign seeing all these stupid comments about if its not heroic it doesnt matter.. if thats how u feel stay off the normal mode threads?

i personally think terace was a bit easier than DS
    I really don't see any issue with a first-tier raid being easier, on normal mode, than the final raid of last expansion. It wouldn't make sense otherwise...

It wasn't too hard even at 0%. The mechanics were just too simple overall.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-11-23 at 08:00 AM.
    Ashr

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    I really don't see any issue with a first-tier raid being easier, on normal mode, than the final raid of last expansion. It wouldn't make sense otherwise...

Strangely, tier 11 was harder normal mode than Dragon Soul. Normal mode deathwing had nothing on normal mode Nefarian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    It wasn't too hard even at 0%. The mechanics were just too simple overall.
    I agree with you. The only thing that made Dragon Soul not a faceroll was the numbers. We cleared normal modes in the first day of release and the heroic modes weren't too difficult either. This tier has certainly been a lot better.

As for the topic, normal Terrace was just as easy as normal DS. We cleared all of the 4 bosses in less than 2 hours, which says it's really not hard at all. Heroic modes are a different story though.

Deleted
    I agree with Isopahajuho. Content difficulty is a very fluctuating thing (especially when it comes to DS). We often don't remember how difficult our first kill was. Why ? Because we farm it so much afterwards, that the only remaining memory is "easy".

Besides, the "easiness" of Terrasse highly depends on what kind of equipement you were able to farm from previous HoF and MSV. I can guarantee you that enterning MSV on alts with 463/476 items, we had to be on our toes compared to our main raid with 485+ ilvl.

For everyone that says "T13 was far easier than T11" and whatnot, remember that in T11 we were going in with blues and some greens, while in T13 it came after some rather massive nerfs to Firelands, paired with guilds rolling in people with DTR, so the overall gear level of everyone going into DS was a lot higher. Right now we're seeing something similar; no the content hasn't been nerfed yet, but we had access to the first 2 raids of the tier long enough that everyone is going into ToES and outgearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    For everyone that says "T13 was far easier than T11" and whatnot, remember that in T11 we were going in with blues and some greens, while in T13 it came after some rather massive nerfs to Firelands, paired with guilds rolling in people with DTR, so the overall gear level of everyone going into DS was a lot higher. Right now we're seeing something similar; no the content hasn't been nerfed yet, but we had access to the first 2 raids of the tier long enough that everyone is going into ToES and outgearing it.
    It really don't think it was the gear. T11 fights had some creative mechanics and were designed well enough to pose a legitimate challenge to most people. For argument's sake, let's just compare the two starting bosses, Morchok and Halfus Wyrmbreaker (because most people started with BoT from what I know). You actually had to stop and think about the right order to release drakes and how that would affect the course of the fight on Halfus, in addition to the Mortal Strike debuff on tanks and the periodic raid wide stuns which had a very small interrupt window.

Compare this to Morchok which was basically, heal a generously timed stomp, run out of bad stuff, and soak big bubbles to loot.
    Ashr