Will of the Emp 25 man Normal

Need help with 25 man Emp.

We are having trouble with the adds in the worst way. We've tried to CC the first set of Rages burn the Strengths then kill the all 8 of the Rages with the next set Rage spawns. We tried killing every set of Rages when they appear. We tried breaking the dps into groups with Mages and Hunters on the Rages whille the rest of the range was on Strengths. We use two Ret paladins to tank the Strengths that spawn and 4 melee dps (monk, rogue, druid, DK) on the bosses.

We very quickly get overran by the adds and we barely make it to the 2nd gas phase.

WoL:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ds6s410bkh64knxi/

Any suggestions would be nice, thanks in advance.

Just a cursory glance at logs but op. strike (Buff from dodging combo) dmg is pretty low. Doesnt help out with your add problem but personally when i do the fight as a guardian tank i generally top dmg done and sit at around 90k dps. Any half decent tank with a brain can sit over 75k on that fight np, and melee dps should be well over 100k w/ dmg from titan gas + dodging

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take the 4 melee of the bosses. Focus Courages -> Ragers -> strengths. Just aoe ragers, after that help out on strengths. Strengths should die just before a gas phase after which all can focus on the boss. Have dot classes dot up both the bosses. After the last gas phase ignore adds and focus down the boss.

Except the 2 strength tanks and some Slows on ragers
    Last edited by Hideous; 2012-11-17 at 01:14 PM.

Just a cursory glance at logs but op. strike (Buff from dodging combo) dmg is pretty low. Doesnt help out with your add problem but personally when i do the fight as a guardian tank i generally top dmg done and sit at around 90k dps. Any half decent tank with a brain can sit over 75k on that fight np, and melee dps should be well over 100k w/ dmg from titan gas + dodging
    Tank dodging guide if they are having issues with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What we normally do is tank the Emperor's where they spawn with ranged on them 100% (Except when rages spawn), this minimizes the movement for ranged and should allow for instant switching to Rage adds.
    Ranged / healers directly in the centre circle.

Have 3 melee dps from each side pick up the Strength adds as they spawn and drag it roughly to where the Courages spawn, those 3 on each side alone should be enough to kill the Strength in time for the next Strength add, and just as the 2nd dies the Courage spawns. (Melee from Str-add then goes on the Courages)
    Naturally this takes a little dps away from the Emperor's due to loss of Opportunistic Strike, but given your issue is control you would gain more by having ranged 90% on Bosses.

If you still need additional damage on the Courages, it is easily gained when the two Courages cross in front of Ranged without having to move Ranged out to them as they should be near enough dead from the 3 melee on each side if they remember to apply a 50 or 70% slow.

Most tend to follow Fatboss guides (Tanking Emperor's by the entrance) where ranged or melee needs to move way to much increasing overall downtime, and it is easy to lose control of Rager's unless your ranged actually turns and swaps targets precisely when they spawn.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-11-18 at 07:03 AM.

I just stand there and eat the devastating combo and do some wack ass dps. I think I got up to 20k on our last attempt.

Thanks for the tips guys....try again next week. See what happens. Banzhe...think were going to try your strat. Thanks again.

You prioritize Strengths too much, they do nothing, really.