10+ Year Old Account

Can we just take a minute to talk about how disappointed I am with Black Ops II

I feel like the only thing they took from Black Ops I was the graphics (which I was able to overlook for superior game play).

The unlock features are really quite pointless as you can pretty much spend tokens as quickly as something is available which begs the question: Why have the tokens at all?

Ghost not being made available until almost the level cap... is flat out dumb.

Wild card slots give the illusion of more feature but the fact that the game limits you to a given number of perks/attachments/equipment makes it almost irrelevant.

I can't decide if I like the fact that killstreaks can continue to ramp up even after your final Killstreak reward has been used (meaning it cycles through again if you don't die). Cool for me... really crappy to be on the receiving end of it though.

Also I feel a bit bamboozeled it was marketted like it was really futuristic (not too distant) but still futuresque. It isn't and definitely not at low level.

Maps... I feel like the majority of the maps are garbage (carrier is the worst).

Thats about it for now... I feel like for ME and how I like to play I'm not going to make any use out of personalizing a class until I can get ghost and claymores.
    1-55 using the premade Operative Class... LAME!

I had really hoped that the purchasing system from Black Ops I to purchase the loadout you wanted without having to wait for some arbitrarily designed tree was going to be back... instead they went the other direction with it and made it the worst design ever.

All in all... I wish I hadn't have traded in MW3, and I think I would like a refund for my purchase. I am NOT happy with it.

To those who are going to jump in to defend the game... save it. I have been playing CoD since the original. I am definitely a fan of the series, and say what you want about Treyarch VS Infinity Ward, but I think Black Ops I was the best. Ironic that Black Ops II is the worst imo. Go figure.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im just reading the topic name over and over again and...just no.

Deleted
    You are actually surprised? It's been the same since MW1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palcica View Post
    Im just reading the topic name over and over again and...just no.
    No we can't talk about it...

Thats a bit harsh doncha think?

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    You are actually surprised? It's been the same since MW1
    Actually I'd like to talk about your speedtest... how?

Deleted
    The unlock features are really quite pointless as you can pretty much spend tokens as quickly as something is available which begs the question: Why have the tokens at all?
    Agreed, the Black Ops 1 system was superior.

Ghost not being made available until almost the level cap... is flat out dumb.
    I further agree. It's part of the communities witch hunt against so-called 'Campers'. The nerf to Ghost so that it only works whilst moving completely fucks me up in S&D by throwing out any semblance of approaching things stealthily.

Wild card slots give the illusion of more feature but the fact that the game limits you to a given number of perks/attachments/equipment makes it almost irrelevant.
    The limits are slightly harsh, but I mostly agree with what they've done, the only thing I'd remove is attachments taking up points.

I can't decide if I like the fact that killstreaks can continue to ramp up even after your final Killstreak reward has been used (meaning it cycles through again if you don't die). Cool for me... really crappy to be on the receiving end of it though.
    I don't really have an opinion, it's a non-issue for me because the Spawn-systems are so fucked and the maps are so badly designed that nobody lives long enough to get a decent killstreak.

Also I feel a bit bamboozeled it was marketted like it was really futuristic (not too distant) but still futuresque. It isn't and definitely not at low level.
    I see what you mean, but it's still rather a non-issue for me at the moment.

Maps... I feel like the majority of the maps are garbage (carrier is the worst).
    Oh fuck yes. The maps are my biggest gripe with this game. I don't know what on earth Treyarch and Sledgehammer think they're doing, but both MW3 and BO2 have horrible map design, I get the feeling they're trying to satisfy all the whiny Deathmatch players who complain about 'Camping'. I really just want the MW2 / BO1 maps back however, MW2 especially, I adored those maps as an S&D player.

Thats about it for now... I feel like for ME and how I like to play I'm not going to make any use out of personalizing a class until I can get ghost and claymores.
    1-55 using the premade Operative Class... LAME!
    Yeah, I feel they've tried -way- to hard to appeal to all the whiners going on about 'Camping' in the game and made all the 'camping' tools seriously hard to get.

All in all, my final verdict would be: Give us the Pre-MW3 map design decisions back.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Well at least I know I'm not alone.

FPS games in general haven't improved since Quake. I shall never understand why FPS games in general thrives still. The sales figures are absolutely silly big, for what the game genre is.

Well thats just my FPS-pov, maybe I'm completely wrong, since I havent played an FPS since like Quake or Delta Force....2?.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    FPS games in general haven't improved since Quake. I shall never understand why FPS games in general thrives still. The sales figures are absolutely silly big, for what the game genre is.

Well thats just my FPS-pov, maybe I'm completely wrong, since I havent played an FPS since like Quake or Delta Force....2?.
    There are still great FPS games out there. CoD sells because it is designed with casual play in mind, so it appeals to the masses. It may be the biggest, but it certainly isn't the best for people who loved Quake, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    There are still great FPS games out there. CoD sells because it is designed with casual play in mind, so it appeals to the masses. It may be the biggest, but it certainly isn't the best for people who loved Quake, etc.
    Agreed. I've been disappointed with FPS games since the first Call of Duty game after 2, and the original Halo. It's like they just keep rehashing the FPS genre because it sells to the casuals who just want to shoot and blow stuff up. Not to mention the FPS games now pretty much do your aiming for you.

CODBO2 is no different, I tried it, hoping they maybe tried something innovating and new, but to my dismay the same old copy/paste routine that 90% of FPS' have been doing for years.

There is some good in this though: Think of all the people that franchises designed for the casual/non gamers like these have brought into gaming. A lot of them tried other games that they would have never played otherwise due to not really being a gamer and now they are opened up to gaming in general. Now we just need to pull them away from those series' a bit and introduce them to hardcore games with hardcore multiplayer competition that the COD/Halo/Insert random FPS game franchises lack.
    Last edited by acphydro; 2012-11-17 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

Doesn't suprise me sadly, same thing happened with MW imo in that the sequels just didnt match up.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

No, we can't. There's already a Black Ops 2 thread.