10+ Year Old Account

Guardians vs. Defiants

Just curious about this trend, but are Defiants typically the "side" that PvPers gravitate towards? I've noticed that as I've leveled up that the Defiant players are typically the top players, and since I hit 50 I've gone 0-12 as a Guardian, getting roflstomped by the Defiant players. I'm wondering if Defiant is the Rift equivalent of Horde or Empire?

Deleted
    I think its the mindset of red v blue, when i first started RIFT, i was horde in wow and did nothing but pvp, so i chose defiant because it was red. this was quite a while back. now however i play guardian as my main faction and i enjoy it a lot more then i did defiant, the whole red v blue thing doesn't really work in rift because of the mercenary system, and being put on either side. That being said, i originally started RIFT to pvp, and to be honest i just don't pvp that often in the game anymore, the pve is just too damn good in this game, for me to be interested in the pvp anymore, sometimes when i want a break i do que for some WF's every know and again though.

Defiant is merely the more popular of the two factions. So they will just have a higher % of anything by comparison. There must be like 3 Defs to 1 Guard.

Back when the factions were split the perception was that Guardians had the best PVPers from Deepstrike to Seastone.

This was back when people joked about the Codex achievement reading, "First and last win for Defiant" or

10+ Year Old Account
    Bizarre. At least my experience right now over the last 2 weeks is the opposite of that picture.

Deleted
    Guardians are way better bro

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Guardians are way better bro
    If you have any chromosonal problems. Otherwise I'd go Defiant.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    omg. DEFIANT ALL THE WAY ALWAYS!!!

The Guardian zealots and their ignorant hatred of our machines, are a plague! To think they could consider themselves so good and God-chosen, then be so against tools that HELP DEFEAT THE DRAGONS!! The nerve!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Come at me bro, i have a spork

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been asking in the Warfronts I'm in, and half the people say Guardians suck and the other half say they've won all their games. Anecdotally, over the past 3 days that I've been doing Warfronts (probably 4-5 hours total), I've only won 3 games as a Guardian. Either I suck so bad that it is beyond recovery for the team, or the system has somehow paired me with people who are equally bad (same team only though).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Way to follow popular media. I went Guardian, because I have played Horde in WoW for way too long. Plus, I am a deviant of normal behaviors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Just curious about this trend, but are Defiants typically the "side" that PvPers gravitate towards? I've noticed that as I've leveled up that the Defiant players are typically the top players, and since I hit 50 I've gone 0-12 as a Guardian, getting roflstomped by the Defiant players. I'm wondering if Defiant is the Rift equivalent of Horde or Empire?
    I suck at PvP and I'm Defiant. I confess that I did play Defiant as I am anti-religious in life and couldn't bear being part of a god-worshiping faction. Yes, I have issues, I know.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I suck at PvP and I'm Defiant. I confess that I did play Defiant as I am anti-religious in life and couldn't bear being part of a god-worshiping faction. Yes, I have issues, I know.
    I'm a religious Christian but I was like, I CAN FINALLY BE ON THE ANTI-RELIGIOUS ZEALOT SIDE!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water