Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need help with buying a new keyboard!

so im looking to buy a new keyboard and im stuck between the Logitech G110 and the Razer Blackwidow Ultamite. id love to get some opinions on the two because iv been hearing that there a quality control issues with razer and iv never used a Logitech gaming key board before. thanks for the help

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did personally not like the Blackwidow. I've tested out Logitech G110 over the course of about 1 month, but I ended up buying Saitek Cyborg V7 instead. A keyboard which was rather cheap and served all my needs. A question is though whether you need a ton of hotkeys? Do you like mechanical or normal keyboards? In the end it is more or less just personal opinions. One thing you do have to keep in mind is the size of your hands. It does actually matter. Some keyboards are awful when your hands are of a certain size and above.

I love my naga but I tend to stay away from razer keyboards. I got a G110 for $45 shipped from newegg during a summer sale for my gf and we are both happy with it. Its been my personal experience that logitech keyboards last years even after dumping coffee on them. I did this to my G15 :P

But if you wanted a mechanical keyboard or dont know what that is here is some info: link , link

I'm getting ready to order a new keyboard myself I'm going with a ducky shine ^^
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Siderwinder X4 for membrane
    Tt. eSports/Filco/daskeyboard/Mionix/CM Quickfire for mechanical, stay away from Razer if you want longetivity
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

wow thanks for the relativily quick responses. i really appreciate it. so now im siding over more with Logitech because from what i see razer has a short lifespan for something so expensive. so my question now is is the Logitech G110 a Mechanical or Membrane (i think the other one is called membrane not sure so correct me if im wrong) keyboard because it does not say on the site. Thanks again for the help everyone i really appreciate it

If you're willing to spend a little more, I and several others would reccomend the corsair K90

As for your choices, I'd pick logitech just cause razor never seems to last in my experience

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a black widow ultimate, and it didn't even make it past the 6 month mark. They are not keyboards that can handle spamming very well. My 2 key wore out, and many other keys that I use alot double.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Both the Corsair & Razer keyboards are known to have issues.

The G110 is a membrane keyboard, an overly expensive one.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian97xz View Post
    wow thanks for the relativily quick responses. i really appreciate it. so now im siding over more with Logitech because from what i see razer has a short lifespan for something so expensive. so my question now is is the Logitech G110 a Mechanical or Membrane (i think the other one is called membrane not sure so correct me if im wrong) keyboard because it does not say on the site. Thanks again for the help everyone i really appreciate it
    Nearly all keyboard under the $100 mark are membrane (meaning, the resistance when you press a key is realized by a small rubber nipple and the key registers by a membrane sensor).
    Mechanicals have actual switches with different characteristics, depending on your need. Main advantages of mechanicals are:
    - precise: every key press feels the same
    - long life: they do not wear out, even after some years and will still feel the same. (unless you have some Razer shit)
    - different characteristics: there are a few different switches, that each have a certain actuation curve, tailored to your needs.

They also have one disadvantage: They are louder than most membrane keyboards.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    They also have one disadvantage: They are louder than most membrane keyboards.
    But it is a very satisfying sound they make. Its like an expensive *click*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    The G110 is a membrane keyboard, an overly expensive one.
    How so ? Forgive me but if you can order off newegg the price is nearly the same as the sidewinder x4 you recommended and if you can wait newegg has a sale on the G110 often making is the same price or sometimes even less. In fact newegg is offering $10 off w/ promo code right now for those interested ^^
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Deleted
    Microsoft x4 or x6 for membrane for a mechanical I would say Corsair k90 but there is some better established keyboard brands out currently.
    The k90 is really nice and everything but it is known to have some minor problems.

I just replaced my x6 with the k90 purely for looks I can tell you the x6 is a beast built like a tank I have hammered the shit outta that thing and it took it like a champ.

Deleted
    I too would suggest the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 for a membrane keyboard; spending more than $50 s not worth it unless you specifically seek a feature (like an integrated display).

For mechanical, I'd either suggest a Ducky keyboard, or the CM Storm QuickFire. Both come with a good line of choices when it comes to switches (black, red, brown and blue) allowing for choice. Generally, red and black switches are considered gaming, while blues are for typing and browns are a hybrid between blues and blacks.

You can read more on mechanical keyboards and the different switch types here: http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/me...keyboard-guide

Is there actually a Razer keyboard that doesn't have issues? I've thrown my Razer Lycosa to the trash bin after only a few months, due to ghosting and because a few keys also stopped working. They design expensive keyboards specifically for gaming, and then all of them have ghosting?

I'm happy with my Razer Naga though. Currently using a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, it's ok but it's nothing special and yes ghosting can occur on this one.

I've had my Razer Black Widow Ultimate for 11 months now with heavy use every day. I haven't had any problems with it so far. Been taking it to friends houses and back with no problem. Only complaint I have with it is the glossy-nes. I wouldn't get a membrane keyboard after switching to a mechanical (although some say razer isnt true mechanical) I would probably purchase another Black Widow if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Erquonter View Post
    I've had my Razer Black Widow Ultimate for 11 months now with heavy use every day. I haven't had any problems with it so far. Been taking it to friends houses and back with no problem. Only complaint I have with it is the glossy-nes. I wouldn't get a membrane keyboard after switching to a mechanical (although some say razer isnt true mechanical) I would probably purchase another Black Widow if needed.
    It's a great mechanical keyboard. It just can't take heavy use very well. Spamming keys is guaranteed failure in too short a time. 11 months is nothing really. A keyboard with the BWU's price should be able to last a few years at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    K90 Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

I don't mean to hijack this thread from the OP, but I too am looking to purchase a mechanical keyboard soon too. I too really like the look of the Corsair k90, I really only play World of Warcraft and Counter Strike online. I was also interested in the pricey but nice looking Gigabye Avia Osmium, has anyone had any time to try this keyboard? I have heard some many people say the k90 can do everything the Gigabyte keyboard can do for a better price. I would appreciate any help, I'm sorry to pose a new question within the thread but figured it would be better than starting a new one.

I just replaced my worn out G110 with a cooler master trigger. The CM is far better than anything Razer makes the thing is rock solid.

PS the backlighting on the G110 is aweful. The CM i can read from 6 feet away.