Poll: Wow's best bad guy overall

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wow's overall Best Bad Guy

Wow, both past and present, has its assortment of bad guys, some with long standing lore, others with very short.

Lets talk about given everything that has happened in the story, and so many villains who have parted world of warcrafts story, who do you feel has had the best story, the best development, the best send off, and overall the best impact on the overall wow genre.

this isn't a vote for who is most powerful, its who is overall the better villain.
    #boycottchina

Lich King.

Hands fucking down.

I was HOPING Deathwing would be an amazing Villain but..

Well, yeah. Story kinda fell apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Grand Apothecary Putress was pretty badass showing up Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate and starts to lanch the blight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Lich King.

Hands fucking down.

I was HOPING Deathwing would be an amazing Villain but..

Well, yeah. Story kinda fell apart.
    Ya I agree with The Lich King
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am saying the lich king too.

As far as all over bad guys in the story, Arthas had the best development, he truely became an intimidating force in wrath, and in general he was done perfectly and had the best send off.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the sha, it may be new, but it's interesting to me. The story with Emperor Shaohao is really cool to me.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    My vote would go for Illidan. I like the lore revolving around him and I liked how he were presented in-game. So, yeah. Arthas is also way up there. So it is more or less Illidan and Arthas, but for me Illidan did pick the longest straw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    My vote would go for Illidan. I like the lore revolving around him and I liked how he were presented in-game. So, yeah.
    illidan was cool too, but I just don't feel he was given a great send of, and his presentation in wow was crap.
    #boycottchina

Deathwing had the whole " im going to end the world", wich is the badest.
    But IMO Azshara with her vision the cleanse the world of lesser races with the means of bringing the legion to Azeroth is on my top.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I like the sha, it may be new, but it's interesting to me. The story with Emperor Shaohao is really cool to me.
    ^

My runner up is the Sha. They're honestly fantastic.

The Sha of Fear is actually..menacing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Lich King.

Hands fucking down.
    My thoughts exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    Deathwing had the whole " im going to end the world", wich is the badest.
    But IMO Azshara with her vision the cleanse the world of lesser races with the means of bringing the legion to Azeroth is on my top.
    Oh forgot Azshara!
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Gul'Dan. Hands down. I still hope that they'll ress him somehow, i want to fight him. Maybe now when Garrosh have Mogu Technology, could it be possible with Spiritbinding? Garrosh wants power and Gul'Dan could surely help him.

EDIT: Why so much love for The EMO King?

Not just that with the Lich King but the actual fight against him was profusely difficult and rewarding. Every second of that fight felt like it was hardfought and story driven.

..Aside from Mr. Tirion "I'm-Gonna-Wait-Until-He's-Worn-Down-And-The-Heroes-Are-Dead-And-Finally-Strike-So-I-Can-Take-Credit-Like-A-Douche" Fordring.

Deleted
    How can u ask this? I just chose Illidan because it had no votes lol. For me every boss is so for a reason and all of them certaintly lived up to the expectations of all mortals that fought them =P

Deleted
    Azshara also gets my not on poll vote.she might not be the strongest but she is pure evil and self absorbed that when she finally does come into play she will become an ultimate villain.

Mal'Ganis. In my opinion, half the shit that went down with Arthas wouldn't have been remotely possible without Mal'Ganis pushing his buttons, guiding him towards Kel'Thuzad and all the other crazy shit.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

I'm a fan of plenty of the Warcraft villains. Gul'dan was the most treacherous, and so he's up there. I'd put Kael'thas up there too, if just because he was just a misguided little brat gone wrong.

But the Lich King's definitely the overall best bad guy. Warcraft III built him up well, and World of Warcraft (as far as I'm concerned) didn't disappoint with his time in the spotlight.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the 3.3.0 ICC trailer...

The transition from an army of seasoned veterans noisily preparing to storm the gates of the citadel, to the eerie ghostly silence of the Halls of Reflection, and the footsteps of the King echoing send a shiver down my spine each time I watch it. Terenas' monologue, calm and collected at first, soon becomes angry and threatening, while Arthas' cocksure attitude leaves me feeling that this Warcraft boss could make it out alive.

Then of course, the final line "Frostmourne hungers" leaves a delightful taste of nostalgia. Long live the King!

Seeing him sitting upon his throne...
    The eerie feel of the top of the citadel...
    The icy chill of Northrend all around you...
    His massive armor and legendary runeblade, gripped firmly by its master's hands...

Now that was epic.

He's the only boss EVER to have killed the "heroes" (players), and not counting ALL those he's killed in his lifetime.

And here's his massive kill list: http://www.wowpedia.org/Arthas_Menethil#Kill_count

Don't forget Ner'zhul's kill list, too!
    Last edited by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr; 2012-11-17 at 06:51 PM.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Deleted
    The Lich King I gotta say also, I really loved the whole lore around him!