Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to kill as ADC in laning..?

Like the title says; how to kill as ADC in laning phase?

For some reason i just focus too much on farming and farming, that when the jungler comes to gank (or the enemy makes a stupid move) i just cannot get the kill...
    Mid; i can easily harras, kill and farm.
    Top/jungle, same.

But ADC, no. I just can't get the kills in laning phase.

Any 'tricks and tips' so i can actually get kills in the lane?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Get a Taric or Leona to support you. :P

Deleted
    Ad-Carry is all about positioning. Watch out for your jungler if he pings or just watch the map while lasthitting and position yourself so that you can easily reach the enemy with assistance from your support/jungler. All it takes is experience, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you solo queuing or with a friend? 90% of the time I'm with a friend who's supporting (Leona) so it's easier to get a kill when you know when they're going to go in and be ready, can help you combo stuff too (Leona charge, caitlyn trap underneath them, leona stun, etc.)
    Depends on who you're support is too, easier with Taric/Leona/Blitz than some of the other supports, though it's not impossible.

And what derp singed said, positioning is important.

It's mostly solo queue, but i sometimes go with a friend who plays Sona.

I guess ill just have to work on my positioning and convince him to get other support champs

It just can get annoying in solo queue cause a lot of junglers don't ping, and if your not last hitting people get pissed off so thats why i focus too much on it i guess ^^"
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    It's always hard to kill an ad carry, especially in lane because it is so big and if your jungler fails on ganking, then yeah, you won't kill.

It's about positioning too, making poke or get him/her low before ganks, well, you should always try and do that. You also need coordination with your support.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also would help to know who you usually play. If you usually play ashe or say tristana, it's a lot harder to get early kills without excellent coordination from your support. But say if you are draven or ezreal, it's a lot easier to get kills. At least in my experience (I main ranged ad)

The most important thing is to know how and when to harass them. Most ADs are not capable of 100-0ing someone in lane, so you ideally want to whittle them down a bit before committing to trying to kill them. It's a bit tricky to learn, but when you see the other ranged ad come in to last hit (and you don't have a minion to last hit yourself) you should try to auto them and then back out. It seems insignificant, but bot lane is usually a war of attrition. If they have a healer as a support think of it as harassing the support's mana pool. They will have to B eventually.

There are some champs like MF and cait that are huge lane bullies. It's very easy to harass people with them, and it's very easy to stay safe with them. Also mf has massive kill potential when you hit 6. If your ult doesn't get interrupted you can just destroy the other other laners.

But to finally answer your question, you need to play aggressively. You need to know how to fight in lane, and what champions you can trade favorably with. Also you have to know how to identify when they have made a mistake you can capitalize on. Like if you see an ezreal arcane shift for some reason, you know you can fight without him just blinking away. He would have to use his flash or something.

Bot lane really depends on the supports too. If you are with a leona or a blitz, it's really on your support to start the fight, and for you to follow. And if you are with a soraka or something, it's up to you. She won't do really any damage, but you will out sustain the other lane, so you wear them down and either force them to B and lose exp/creeps or you end up with a kill.

It's also important to know when not to fight. If you realize your support just isn't that good, then try just to farm and harass a bit. And if they have a blitz or a leona, it's crucial that you play safer than you normally would. Though a bit on that, if you see leona miss Zenith blade, or bitz miss his hook, you can go very aggressive for the next 10-15 seconds. Actually, you should go very aggressive since there is no way they can get to you outside of running or flashing at you.

I think the main problem for you might be that AD carries don't have huge burst damage in the early game like some mid or top laners do. As I said you have to wear them down usually before you just kill them. It really helps if you duo with a support too. If they are on the same page as you, it's a lot easier to get things to happen than if they aren't.

I don't know how much of that was redundant information, but that's the way I look at it. I don't know how much you know, so I kinda just typed everything.

edit: if you say what champion you play specifically I can give you a lot better advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bot lane is best when you que with someone. If you pick a huge lane bully, like MF, Cait, or Graves, you can get kills a little easier in solo que.

But yeah, if you can I would recommend picking up a support friend if you want to play ADC. The difference between a duo que bot lane and a solo que bot lane is first blood at 3 minutes instead of much later and/or in a different lane. And yes, this can be done with almost any ADC and support. When I duo que with one of my new friends, as soon as we both hit level 2 we go all in and engage for a kill. First was as Trist/Leona, second was as Ez/Sona.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    It also would help to know who you usually play. If you usually play ashe or say tristana, it's a lot harder to get early kills without excellent coordination from your support. But say if you are draven or ezreal, it's a lot easier to get kills. At least in my experience (I main ranged ad)
    Erm, I hope you mean mid-game? Tristana has disgusting burst at level 2-3 - It's actually sickening.

OP: The AD you pick and the support you have dictates the lane. Kill lanes would be something like, Tristana+Leona (All in them at level 2), Ezreal + Sona (Poke them then engage when you think you're far enough ahead). Other lanes, for example Kog'maw + Nunu would be considered a "Farm lane" as you don't have any kill presence. Another example would be Ashe + Janna which you could run versus an "all in" bot lane, as the kite these 2 have is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Erm, I hope you mean mid-game? Tristana has disgusting burst at level 2-3 - It's actually sickening.

OP: The AD you pick and the support you have dictates the lane. Kill lanes would be something like, Tristana+Leona (All in them at level 2), Ezreal + Sona (Poke them then engage when you think you're far enough ahead). Other lanes, for example Kog'maw + Nunu would be considered a "Farm lane" as you don't have any kill presence. Another example would be Ashe + Janna which you could run versus an "all in" bot lane, as the kite these 2 have is amazing.
    She has decent burst early game, but you really need your support to be with you 100% to actually kill them. She has a weak mid game, as you said.

Deleted
    She has decent burst early game, but you really need your support to be with you 100% to actually kill them. She has a weak mid game, as you said.
    Depends, a Trist that can hit level 2 first, with at least an ignite can get first blood very easily. Trist, in my opinion is the most scary AD carry in the first 3 minutes (Purely due to the fact her ratios are majority AP). A jump + E on to a level one with ignite will get the kill/blow 1-2 summoners

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, a Trist that can hit level 2 first, with at least an ignite can get first blood very easily. Trist, in my opinion is the most scary AD carry in the first 3 minutes (Purely due to the fact her ratios are majority AP). A jump + E on to a level one with ignite will get the kill/blow 1-2 summoners
    i've never had much luck with it. I've seen trist plus ali/leona do well early game though. I personally find mf or draven to be a lot scarier personally. At level 2 mf can easily take out 50% of your health if you over extend just a tad and don't have a way to peel her, or your support was snoozing. Draven is well just draven. If you run armor pen runes on him, you can just destroy people with the axes.

Deleted
    i've never had much luck with it. I've seen trist plus ali/leona do well early game though. I personally find mf or draven to be a lot scarier personally. At level 2 mf can easily take out 50% of your health if you over extend just a tad and don't have a way to peel her, or your support was snoozing. Draven is well just draven. If you run armor pen runes on him, you can just destroy people with the axes.
    Yeah those two are very good aggressive champions. I mean, let's be honest, both teams will be reliant on their support, but as you said, a Trist with a Leona + Ali is SO scary. It's not even funny. If they are blue, I will stay at turret until they push it (Bit of an over-dramatization) but I won't go for CS, and just get the experience instead.

Deleted
    Another good example of potent ad carry early damage is ezreal rushing a sheen. His Q dmg is insane early on with that item, and an E + auto, then Q right after sheen cd resets is also very devastating.

Not saying it's the best item to rush, but the damage potential is there.

I usually get a phage first, but If I notice the opposing bot lane is weak, I will sometimes get a sheen earlier just to bully them even more.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-11-18 at 01:35 AM.

Deleted
    Play Twitch.

Na, play Corki. Just blow stuff up.

Saying that Twitch is pretty good atm, played him a lot during free week and was funny crapping all over Vaynes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah those two are very good aggressive champions. I mean, let's be honest, both teams will be reliant on their support, but as you said, a Trist with a Leona + Ali is SO scary. It's not even funny. If they are blue, I will stay at turret until they push it (Bit of an over-dramatization) but I won't go for CS, and just get the experience instead.
    As you said all ADs are reliant on their support for killing things, but I think trist is especially. Like with draven, if you catch them a bit out of position you can easily tear them apart even if your support doesn't get any hits in. Same with MF. Trist has good burst early, but she has to have someone to initiate it, or follow it up. So I think for solo Q play draven or MF are easier to get kills with in lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Play Twitch.
    Agreed many times over, Twitch is a fanstastic early game carry with his passive and expunge. Your harass with him is godly and as long as your support knows what they are somewhat doing you won't die in a straight 2v2. The jungler is a different story but lane wise Twitch is quite good early.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Should maybe start playing Twitch again.

The changes to Trist helped her a fair amount though. No longer outranging your E makes it a lot easier to keep the harass up. What does bug me is the huge difference between Purple and Blue. Getting golems first makes a huge difference. I expect that to change as well with the new jungle. Additionally, the camera angle Purple side is fucking annoying when you're against a long-ish range champ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Should maybe start playing Twitch again.

The changes to Trist helped her a fair amount though. No longer outranging your E makes it a lot easier to keep the harass up. What does bug me is the huge difference between Purple and Blue. Getting golems first makes a huge difference. I expect that to change as well with the new jungle. Additionally, the camera angle Purple side is fucking annoying when you're against a long-ish range champ
    If I'm playing ADC and I'm purpe, I start with the enemy big wraiths (If they aren't a red starter)