Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post

Some of my favorite retarded restrictions are:

-2 quickbar limit unless you pay for more.
    -Not being able to hide headgear if you don't pay for it.
    -Not being able to show titles unless youn pay for it.
    -Decreased xp rate if you don't buy booster packs.
    -Limited quest rewards unless you're a sub. Some quests you can't even choose a reward from because they're all blocked.
    -F2P only get the smallest bag space because upgrading it for F2P players cost cartel coins.
    -2 hour cooldown on quick travel because F2P needs to be reminded that they're second class players unless they pay.
    -Limit on how many times you can ressurect at your body unless you use cartel coins for more.
    I know you said those aren't all the restriction, but there are 2 more you didn't quote that I think I have never seen in any other F2P game:
    -Not being able to equip most purples
    -Not being able to equip event awards.

On the other hand, they let you join guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post
    SNIP...

What do you guys think?
    So far the only thing I question is the lesser experience gain. I know when leveling I was always beyond the max level of any area but I'm sure that was because the rested exp and limited space battles I didn't. F2P players wont have that so I'm curious if it will make a big deal in the entire leveling process. only time will tell I guess but I do question the reduction is exp gained. I also have an issue with quest rewards. Really should get access to any quest reward you do.

As far as 2 hot bars. Not a real issue for anyone leveling 1-50. If we could pull off 8 different AC in end game raiding and WZ with only 2 bars a level character will have no problem. If they want the convenience of having everything they ever get on a hot bar then there is nothing wrong with a $2.50 cost there for convenience.

Limited epic item use goes I don't really have a problem with either. If you plan to start spending that much time in game, no reason you can't spend a small about once for access to that gear.

Hide head slot, match colors, limited QT, limited bag space limited resurrect are all convenience perks. Some more limiting than others but still convenience. Pay a very small fee (once for most of them) with no subbing to get them. Not a big deal knowing people are just trying to get out of paying a sub or paying much of anything but wanting more.

2 character slots and limited race. Not a real problem in this sort of game. Find 2 toons you like, start leveling them. If someone plans to start investing so much time into a game they need more slots or races, they would be better served subbing or just spending a little to open things up at a lesser pace, becoming a preferred status gamers to boot.

Sound like you have your mind already set on GW2 which BTW , has it's own problems, some similar, some not but if you need usto try and sway you that's probably not going to happen at this point.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-11-19 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Do you really think EA's stupid?
    Uhm...., tough question... lol.

Anyway, I applaud them for opening up SWTOR.

Deleted
    Do you really think that a decision such as how to build the free to play model has been decided in a 15 minute after-lunch meeting?
    Do you really think a decision that will potentially involves loss or gain of tens of millions of dollars has been taken lightly?
    Don't you think they have closet full of folder filled with business strategy, market simulations, even psychology reports on which they based their decisions?
    Do you really think Electronics Arts is run by novice team in business and marketing?
    Do you really think they haven't anticipated the current forum outcry, calculated the outcome and chose the most profitable solution?
    Do you really think random post on some random fansite forum would make them suddenly change their mind?
    You're right this has been the most profitable mmo success in video game history. Its huge subscriber base and undeniably successful business strategy is why this game is where it is today. Every other game developer out there should stop developing and put all funding into inventing a cloning machine to hopefully recreate every staff member of EA in hopes to turn the tides of the mmo market and compete with the juggernaut that is swtor.

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    I'll bite, how long can you go on with doing RFC,DM WC and SWK before they become boring and repetitive? Untill you get all the itmes you "need" or want from them? Until you see them once?
    As many times as you want. Star Wars? 3 times a week.

Now there is a huge difference between doing bgs at 20 with 4 abilities and doing them at 50 with your whole arsenal available to you.
    Nice exaggeration, however, you have more than 4 moves at 20, you have quite a few actually. And you're right, there is a huge difference between doing as many bgs as you want, and being allowed 5 a week.

Heck you can even spend some cash to unlock unlimited warzonez if your just into pvp and it will cost you less then a sub would.
    Then, the game isn't free to play, it's pay to play.

In general, if you enjoy multiple aspects of the game then subscribe (obvius), but if you expected that for free then tough luck.
    "But if you were expecting what EA is trying to sling, then tough luck. If you were expecting this free to play game to be nearly as free to play as any other free to play game, then tough shit." [/quote]

If you enjoy some aspects more then others, say you like warzones and not operations or Flash points, then the f2p will suit you more, eps. if there are weeks that you won't log in at all, due to work, holiday or other IRL reasons.
    A strawman, unrelated to the argument at all.

This just in.

You can buy unlocks from other players off the auction house with credits.

You do not have to give money to EA to hide your helm anymore.

Or any of the other minor purchases that people are complaining about.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Do you really think that a decision such as how to build the free to play model has been decided in a 15 minute after-lunch meeting?
    Do you really think a decision that will potentially involves loss or gain of tens of millions of dollars has been taken lightly?
    Don't you think they have closet full of folder filled with business strategy, market simulations, even psychology reports on which they based their decisions?
    Do you really think Electronics Arts is run by novice team in business and marketing?
    Do you really think they haven't anticipated the current forum outcry, calculated the outcome and chose the most profitable solution?
    Do you really think random post on some random fansite forum would make them suddenly change their mind?
    Yes, yes I think EA is stupid and doesn't have a clue. I don't think they spend even 5 minutes putting thought into the model. So do almost all of the game review sites that reviewed the F2P option.

EA had so much potential. Instead of lotto bags, just release cool stuff to buy. Not a wooden axe. Awesome armor sets, social gear, weapons, vehicles, pets, vanity items, etc.

The unlocks required for F2P are insane too (even per gaming websites). Having to pay for rez's????? UI toolbars, Hide helm, unify colors??? C'mon.

Its understandable the limit on toon #'s, but even other F2P models sell unlocks to get more toons, not EA though!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    This just in.

would that mean there is a in game method to gain unlock if you rather not pay real monay, just like a real F2P game?
    but but but, what would everyone complain about then?

This just in.

Nice. I am sure the players are too stupid to realize the credit cap for F2P and will sell them for like 500k. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Also I think they promised me at least 300 coins cuz I was a subscriber for like near half a year, I didn't get anything. Maybe I should "claimed" them on site or something, but whatever.
    Same for me. I was also promised an additional 1000 coins since I (foolishly) bought the CE. Nothing.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Yes, yes I think EA is stupid and doesn't have a clue. I don't think they spend even 5 minutes putting thought into the model. ...

He who lacks careful thought and strategy and underestimates the enemy will surely be captured by the opponent.

Sun Tzu, The art of war.

Deleted
    This just in.

Hm, I do wonder though about the sell prices. It's probably gonna be 200k-350k, boom all your credits gone in one go. Of course in the long-term it's not going to affect you at all, since the unlocks are one-time purchase.

Unless ppl forgotting about F2P and Preferred players have a hard credits limit.
    Last edited by mmoc907bd1685c; 2012-11-19 at 04:15 PM.

Deleted
    This just in.

Thats not too bad imo if its true providing theres enough people selling them. It is however effectively a way just to buy ingame currency.

Deleted
    This just in.

Only problem with that is that the subsciber base of swtor ain't the brightest brains in ht e galaxy so they put the stuff on auction for 300 000 or more credits and F2P can only have 100 000 credits I think it was so if you wanna buy it for credits you have to sub to increase your credit cap.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    Only problem with that is that the subsciber base of swtor ain't the brightest brains in ht e galaxy so they put the stuff on auction for 300 000 or more credits and F2P can only have 100 000 credits I think it was so if you wanna buy it for credits you have to sub to increase your credit cap.
    in the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed are kings. Players with subs that realize there is a market will profit. You can pay with other than credit. Molecular Stabilizer comes to mind, of course, you have to deal directly with the vendor using the trade chat.

I'm sure the brillant mind of F2P player can manage ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel View Post
    Same for me. I was also promised an additional 1000 coins since I (foolishly) bought the CE. Nothing.
    Just fully checked it out. The coins we were all promised to get won't be given since we had to have an active subscription when the game went F2P in order to get our 'free' gifts.

They also deleted all my previous characters. Thank you, Bioware. Thank you kindly.

Deleted

Of course not, this is a VERY well thought out process to maximise money gains as quick as possible before pulling the plug (see the "How much have you spent so far" thread - lock boxes FTL)

Launch date was, so why not?

Probably

Just asking silly questions now right?

At the speed they have been closing threads on the official forum, I'm going to assume they weren't expecting THIS reaction

Are you so Naive to think that MMO companies are not reading the biggest fansites in the world? MMO-C...random fansite...trololol

Absolutely! Without a doubt in the "MMO" sphere. WAR gave me an inkling, TOR cemented it

See the red bits
    Last edited by mmoc3c347a2199; 2012-11-19 at 04:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You could bypass the 2 character slot thing if you subscriped and created the characters before f2p. I got 3/2 character slots used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    -snip-
    You aren't making any reasonable arguments thou. If you can play 4 dungeons for as many times as you want then great, i won't be able to run them more then twice. so that's 8.

The game has a free to play way, as in you can get in and get to 50 without spending a dime, is it pretty, no, will you get more if you sub or spend some money for CC, yes.

I don't even get your argument at this point, is it WoW trial is better then SWTOR free-to-play? If so how can we even debate that, personally if i had to chose between them i'd chose TOR.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You do realize that GW2 has been going down hill? I logged into it the other day and servers seemed extremely lifeless compared to when it came out. GW2 has 0 endgame PvE, so saying that "its better than SWTOR" means nothing to me.
    Until recently (when they backtracked a bit), GW2 has never purported to have a traditional endgame. That's been one of their selling points.

And your anecdotal experience of one person = game going downhill?