Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    World of Warcraft
    As much as I dislike WoW after 3.2, I still have to say it was pretty epic before that and deserves a mention.

Dragon age: Origins (hated the telepathic protagonist though:P For some reason it gave off a really bad vibe.)
    Runescape

And from older games

Sacrifice deserves a mention. It was the first game I played more than a few hours.
    Black and White and B&W 2
    Sims (havent played the newer ones though)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dota 2 gets my vote.

And Warcraft 3 is also an extremely good game, we still play it when at LAN. Though i only play custom maps in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 2
    World of Warcraft
    Civilization series (Civ3 the best imo)
    Zelda - Link to The Past
    Madden series (a few years stick out)
    MVP Baseball 2005
    Ninja Gaiden

Those stick out for me as I look back. Never have been a "gamer"...so there are a lot of titles I've never touched.

Not sure if they're already in the thread but TIE Fighter and Civ 2 should definitely be there.

Quest for Glory (all the Sierra classics really).

The Lost Vikings!!!

I could be here literally all day so I'll just keep it to those few that I didn't already see.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Added Might and Magic VI to your list. Best of the series, imo.
    Darkside of XEEN! Totally agree.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-11-20 at 01:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If we're talking about PC games as in ones that were ONLY released on the PC, then that's a bloody hard list and pretty much means it'll be 90% Blizzard Titles :S

However if we can include games that were released on PC as well as other formats, my list becomes easy as pie.

Witcher 2
    KOTOR
    WoW
    JK2JO
    Mass Effect 1
    Morrowind

If I was to do a "PC Exclusive" List... Then it would be very boring and probably look like this:

WoW
    Diablo 2
    Warcraft 3
    Age of Empires 2

Deleted
    Red Alert
    Heroes of Might and Magic 2
    Heroes of Might and Magic 3

MOO 1/2
    MOM
    GalCiv1
    BG1/2
    NWN
    WC2/3
    WoW
    Homeworld
    XCOM (the old one not the new one)

Forgot:
    KOTOR
    Civilization
    Red Alert

Each of these was ground-breaking somehow. XCOM was an usual combination of base building, strategy, research (RPG feel) and turn based game, highly unusual. Civ was superbly well balanced and had an authentic feel. RA was just a great, fun game, continuing a long line of resource gather/build base/build unit type games. (The original of the series incidently is dune2, a good game too). KOTOR was an amazingly well done RPG game set to SW. Homeworld was the first real 3D tactical game of any kind that was decent (that i knew about) - another game that really took advantage of 3D was descent and the WC series. MOO was one of the best 4x games ever created, superbly balanced, quick and with depth.
    Last edited by gibbie99; 2012-11-20 at 02:32 AM.

Pokemans
    WoW
    CS 1.6
    GTA

10+ Year Old Account
    - The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind. The most immersive Elder Scrolls game ever, so many things to do, so much variety. Fantastic game.

- Conkers Bad Fur Day. Hilarious, and super fun. Multiplayer was incredible.

- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. Awesome story-line, epic character development. The only letdown was that it was unfinished and rushed. Still a great game though.

- Star Wars: Dark Forces. One of my first games, and my first FPS. Quite difficult, but super fun.

Deleted
    Fallout 2
    Homeworld: Cataclysm. (The expansion, inspite of its name, was actually way better than the original, and devs of the original didn't learn anything at all from it and they released Homeworld 2 which was an annoying clusterfuck of a strategy game, which had a faster gameplay than most FPSs on the market, making it enjoyable only for people with twitch reflexes and really fast thinking).
    Planescape: Torment
    Gothic 1 (Gothic 2 was meh and Gothic 3 was crap as well as all the horrors that followed from Piranha Bytes)

Of course Half Life 1 & 2, Oblivion and Skyrim are among the top, honourable mentions to WoW and I'm biased to say Dark Souls: Prepare to Die even though it was a shoddy port, with a gamepad and graphics fix it's amazing.

Lesuire Suit Larry. WTF no mention of that yet?....Blasphemy.

1. system shock1 (I wish warren spector would stop making epic mickeys and return to us)
    2. fallout1+2
    3. mass effect series (I consider 3 only to be flawed by origin)
    4. baldurs gate2
    5. diablo1+2

Master of Magic
    Might & Magic VI : The Mandate of Heaven

Heroes of might and magic 3
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    World of Warcraft
    Warcraft 3
    Starcraft
    Super Mario 3 and 64
    Goldeneye
    Unreal Tournament
    Diablo 1 'n' 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Halo Series
    WoW
    Assassins Creed Series
    Skyrim
    Warcraft III

10+ Year Old Account
    Baldur's Gate 1+2
    Planescape Torment
    Diablo 2
    World of Warcraft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Lesuire Suit Larry. WTF no mention of that yet?....Blasphemy.
    +1

Also,
    Civilisation II
    Monkey Island (1 2 3 mostly)
    Day of the Tentacle
    BF42 (more with Desert Combat)
    Diablo (1~=2>>>3)

I base a "good game" on how it provokes different emotions, that’s my measuring stick at least 

1. Baldur’s Gate 1 (For its sense of adventure and overall story)
    2. Spec Ops: The line (The only game I’ve played that isn’t fun but provokes feelings such as regret, guilt and sadness)
    3. Mass Effect Series (For its epic storyline and epic feel)
    4. Dragon Age 1 (Same as above)
    5. Skyrim (Gives me the feel of adventure)

I don’t count games that are simply addictive (WoW) because that is not a good game mechanic in my opinion. (good for making the dev money)

Deleted
    Sid Meiers' Alpha Centauri
    best 4x ever imo, if you like civ you should really gives this a go, it's eaten about 10 hours of each week of my lfe since it was released
    Planescape Torment
    Characters and writing beyond anything thats been done before or since imo, game be good too
    System Shock 2
    Damn good, scared the hell out of me, and I still rate SHODAN as the best antagonist ever
    Disgaea 2
    Tactical JRPG goodness, mixing hard fights with compulsive pokemon style collecting and levelling to lvl1000 just because you can
    Deus Ex
    Classic case of the whole being greater than it's sum, naff shooting, clunky stealth, ugly graphics (even back then), amazing game with amzing story and characters
    Ultima Online
    Oh there was once a time when MMO worlds were living breathing worlds and not glorfied grind lobbies to get to an instance! Hail to the past!
    Eve Online
    And some MMOs still are the above! Internet spaceships are offcially serious business. The MMO that's kept me enslaved for the longest
    X-com UFO defense
    Unfair, unfeindly, unintuitive, goddamn amazing. Remake is good too.
    Yakuza 2
    JRPG style with viceral bicycle to face brawling action, with really good story and characters. AKA "Blowing all your cash on a handbag for a Hostess: The Game"
    Persona 4
    The plot stinks of "wtf" but really pays off (But I advise maybe checking on gamefaqs to make sure you dont get the early fail ending, otherwise the plot wil go nowhere) . Amzing character developement and imo it's still best classic style JRPG since the snes era.
    Dark Souls
    The long transistion from pain to joy was one of themost rewarding things I have experienced in the current gen
    STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl
    Survival horror ARPG , good times with radiation.

And maybe FFVII and Little Big Adventure 2 Bbecause my 9yo self would stalk me through time and space if he realised I didn't mention them here.
    Last edited by mmoc53a5d0407d; 2012-11-20 at 01:09 PM.