Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind
    Fallout 1,2, tactics (the old school 2D games)
    Max Payne 1,2
    Roller Coaster Tycoon

Spyro the Dragon 1 and 2
    Crash Bandicoot 3
    GTA3. vice city and san andreas
    WoW + TBC
    Warcraft 3
    Half life
    Mass effect series

10+ Year Old Account
    Elite (simply the greatest amount of entertainment per kilobyte ever!)
    Doom (for bringing moddable games to the fore)
    Command And Conquer (for making Dune 2 multiplayer!)
    Populous (for just breaking the mould)
    Project X (original version) (for being the rock hard pinnacle for 2d scrolling shooters)
    WoW (for managing to outlive all peers, and many newcomers)
    Honourable mentions for StarCraft 2 (polished to perfection), System Shock (not the first first person rpg, but still excellent) and Magic Carpet (for being 3rd person shooter realtime strategy flight sim (flightsim bit is stretching it I know)!)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout1/2
    Planescape Torment

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW and Counter Strike, my two favourite games.

Deleted
    Thief Series - best games of all times.
    Ultima Online - est Mmo

Sid Meier's Civilization!

Deleted
    frontier: elite 2 on the amiga 1200. im afraid nothing since has come even close to matching this classic.

So far we have a list of 318 games and it's been a while since any new ones was added. I'll give it till tomorrow then I'll change it to a vote.

I'm thinking of keeping it simple and have everyone one vote for the 10 games they think deserve it the most.
    If that don't work out I'll think of somthing new. Unless anyone else have any ideas?

324 games is nominated.

It's now open for voting, go to http://games.thomasmadsen.net/ and vote for the 10 games you think deserve the top spots.
    Only submissions of exactly 10 votes gets registered.

So many here posting of games within the past decade - there've been plenty of real gems in the 80s and 90s too...!

Lucas Arts games, like Monkey Island series, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis,
    Sierra games, like the King's Quest series, Police Quest, etc.

etc.

You younger generation have missed out on them!

Money Island, Day of the Tentacle and King's Quest are all on the list.
    If you think they deserve a vote, go vote for them.

Dungeon keeper 1/2 anyone?
    theme hospital

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mass effect 2 (mass effect 1 was the best game i had ever played by a mile. then mass effect 2 came along and made it look shit. ME3 was also great but lacked something. i have only completed it once so far..)
    half life 2 and episodes
    and i hate to but have to say wow. no other game has kept me entertained for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Bahzell View Post
    324 games is nominated.

It's now open for voting, go to http://games.thomasmadsen.net/ and vote for the 10 games you think deserve the top spots.
    Really? Nobody nominated Zone of the Enders 1 and/or 2? Damn. That's a bunch of balls.

While 'Wii Sports' and a sodding Madden game are in there. Wow.

Well I'll throw my votes in anyway, for what it's worth. But damn. Not really an exhaustive or even accurate list, in all honesty. :P

EDIT: You don't even have Bayonetta. Lol.
    Last edited by Kisho; 2012-11-22 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Really? Nobody nominated Zone of the Enders 1 and/or 2? Damn. That's a bunch of balls.

While 'Wii Sports' and a sodding Madden game are in there. Wow.

Well I'll throw my votes in anyway, for what it's worth. But damn. Not really an exhaustive or even accurate list, in all honesty. :P

EDIT: You don't even have Bayonetta. Lol.
    You had a week to nominate any game you wanted to, many did, you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahzell View Post
    324 games is nominated.

There are quite a few games on there that have never been released on computers, like Zelda and Shadow of the Colossus. You may want to go through and edit the list if you can.

Edit: Oh, just noticed you changed the first post to say it included console games. Never mind then.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-11-22 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to have to say Resident Evil1, it was a the first game that really got my sucked into a storyline. It had horror, action and zombies!!. What it also did was spawn a generation of survival horror games. Nearly every modern survival horror games has elements of RE, look at Dead Space for example.
    'I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.' Alex ferguson

I'm not sure I get it, is the list meant to be the games people vote for in this thread? Because the list and the games people voted for don't really match up, and now the site has a voting system where you can choose the games on the website list, which to be honest is just a random list of games.

One that gets me is Serious Sam, I played these games at launch and sure they were fun games but they werent particularely spectacular other than being a glorified graphics demo in a dated (but still fun) shooter. They werent the types of game that would be raved about, didnt score greatly in reviews, didn't have a large online playerbase and sold for less than usual price in shops. Good games? sure they were good games for a quick blast of fun but certaintly nowhere close to being a game to make a "Greatest computer games of all time" list. Lastly, nobody in the thread voted for them.

Meanwhile some of the most Iconic, loved and successful games are not available on your list, 2 that spring to mind would be Gran Turismo - The game that basically changed how racing games worked, raised the standard by a massive margin and as a result reaped the rewards in being the best selling game on the PS1, PS2 and PS3 consoles, aswell as being the best selling racing game on a title to title basis (GT5 on the PS3 sold over 9 million), Xbox players have this game and franchise to thank for the existance of the Forza series and previously Sega GT on the Dreamcast and Xbox.

Then you have Unreal Tournament, it was one of the games that revolutionised online gameplay, along with Quake 3 and Counterstrike these games were played on massive scale at pro competitions and by people in their homes, they were the games at the birth of online play as we know it today. Unreal Tournament had amazing graphics, awesomely fast paced gameplay and a strong mod community, all of the sequals pale in comparison to the impact and awesomeness of the original at its time.

Neither of these era defining and revolutionary titles are on your list, and both have been voted for in the thread. And why not a 3rd one.

Panzer Dragoon Saga - You have ORTA on the list, but not Saga? Panzer Dragoon Saga was one of the last big games released on the Sega Saturn, critically acclaimed with reviews that put it on a level to rival Final Fantasy 7 at the time, many people have considered it one of the greatest RPG games of all time, the best game on the Sega Saturn and some dubbed it the FF7 killer.

I mean there has to be a reason that a game is considered one of the greatest, and most of those lists usually end up with games that had the most impact, that raised the bar.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-11-22 at 04:23 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The list is a list of all the games people submitted to the site.
    I added a lot of the games people wrote in this and the original CNN/Times list thread, but I might have missed some. That's why there was a site in the first place.
    I did not add any where is was said "The Tekken series" or "The Grand Turismo games" or anything like that, because they are not a game, they're a list of games.

The whole purpose of the site was that people could add any game they wanted there, they where not supposed to write them in this thread.

All the games on the site was added by someone. All the games NOT on the list was NOT added by someone. So off all the people nominating games, noone Grand Turismo, noone added Unreal Tournement (but both Unreal Tournement 3 and Unreal Tournement 2004 IS on the list, so is Quake 3 and Counterstrike), noone added Panzer Dragoon Saga. Someone DID nominate Serious Sam, therefor that is on the list and not the others.

If you wanted those games on the list you had 5 days to add them.

I didn't make the list, people nominating games did.

EDIT: Vote at http://games.thomasmadsen.net
    Last edited by Bahzell; 2012-11-22 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Added link