Poll: What did you think of the Lost Shores event?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well, for me, I got hacked a day before it and lost EVERYTHING. Then I managed to get my empty account back and went to first event and it was a horrible boring lagfest, so I spent rest of the time trying to make anet return me my gold and items (unsuccesful, "they don't even have that technology") and grinding at least some gold in orr to get back in shape asap and I decided to just ignore other events. I didn't ever hear I lost anything by doing so...

Well hopefully they learned a bit from this event. I can't imagine it leaving a good impression on the free trial folks either.

Deleted
    I tyhought it was fun till the elast event boss, 3 hours of mad zergfest and dc with unable to log it, second F**ed event by servers issues... I am off from it. Back to Old Republic

As I said before, simply too long. If the event stopped on day 2 and they developed the karka lore a bit more (and the island lore), it would have been a lot better.

Deleted
    Complete and utter shambles, from start to finish. The first event was nearly unplayable due to 5-10 ability delay. Complete lagfest. The event quests were bugged on most servers so alot of people couldn't finish them, and now the third event just gone was terrible. It was ok for the first 30 mins, then it started to get laggy. Alot of people, including myself got disconnected when the event was 2hours + in, so they get no rewards. Most of the enemies took long to render on screen leading people to die without them knowing how it happened.

All in all, a horrible event and ANet should never try anything like this again.
    Last edited by mmoc63da68bd70; 2012-11-18 at 10:57 PM.

Garbage event... mobs had too much HP, 1-2 abilitys (which basically 2 shot you), lag and a DC right before the Ancient Karka died (No loot).

Last product i buy from them
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

It was okay except for the lag and the bugs. I liked the ending event with killing the ancient karka. The one thing that gets me though is they said there would be changes to the world, other than the lighthouse being destroyed that could possibly be repaired in the future and the access to the new island, what really changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Garbage event... mobs had too much HP, 1-2 abilitys (which basically 2 shot you), lag and a DC right before the Ancient Karka died (No loot).

Last product i buy from them
    Lol like you would buy a lot from them either.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I've spent enough money in the gem store already, plus i own all of GW1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. In short. 2+ hrs. lagfest. Client crashed. Logged back in and got into another overflow. Event was done there. Very annoying because it feels like I have now wasted two days for nothing. I don't expect compensation or anything though. The whole event chain felt like the equivalent of ANet trying to flush out its loyal customers.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    The event is not free per se. A lot people are still buying gems en masse. Easily the equivalent of a full expansion every month for some people. Regardless how people feel about its worth in money: Disappointed people will even go as far as demanding a refund, the rest of them will just stop paying. It's certainly not raising customer confidence. Mine certainly has dropped a few notches and I am usually known to be very patient and pain-resistant.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2012-11-18 at 11:12 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I liked the event overall but I think the knockdown/knockback mechanic was way overused. It was not uncommon for me to dodge one knockdown stomp to get nailed by a charge trample from my left, burn my stun breaker, get trampled by a third that was invisable to culling till after it ran me over and then to never get up agian as the kraka crisscross over me till I'm a fine red paste on the ground. Spawning 30 mobs at a time that use a knockdown every 4th move or so was not the smartest thing they've ever done. Could only engage in melee whenever balanced stance was avalible.

Who is John Galt?

Total load of shit, wish I never even bothered try the events.

Phase 1, Played for about 20min the gave up as the lag was a joke
    Phase 2, Started with the normal lag, got a dc and came back in to no lag, but the event was boring
    Phase 3, Started it with the normal lag, got a dc move to a different overflow which was fine and I had no lag there, we did ok and were on the way to the top of the cave, then got dced and moved to a new overflow that hadn't even started the event, Plus being a melee speced guardian all I seen was the legs of bloody karka, I the end I logged of and watch a film

Personally I'm very disappointed with the events and I think arenanet need to get the heads out their asses and sort out the problems with the game before they start making big events that the servers can't support or that bug out. Don't think I'll bother with one time events again

I find myself playing less and less GW2 and I don't think I'm alone in this, I got my £35 worth of play time from the game, time to move on, might give swtor a try as its free now.

I guess they had to drag out the event for people who couldn't log on exactly at noon, but a 2-3 hour zerg/lag fest comprised of trying to kill enemies that just won't die and can 1-2 shot you wasn't really much fun. Having said that, if they did a similar, appropriately nerfed chain I think it could be as enjoyable as any other event chain.

The chest rewards were kind of nice. It looks like you can buy the trinket off a vendor though, so really only the 20-slot bag is unique (that I know of). The other stuff I'll have to hold onto since the prices of rares and exotics have tanked with everyone listing what they looted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it awful tbh, while i wasn't on for the first phase, i read that i didn't miss anything , the 2nd phase was just utter lagfest running around killing the same npcs, and about halfway from the shores to those caverns (i explored by myself a bit further in) whatever the event was we were doing just stopped. Like it gave me the feeling it wasn't supposed to end there, but npcs just vanished. For the 3rd phase i managed to log in for exactly 2 min, Dced and been getting the "Error: Cannot connect to blah blah blah, your firewall is causing the issue , or your router sucks" since then.

Deleted
    I just did the last part of it and while it could have been pretty good it was half ruined by the periodically extreme lag wich got everyone killed 20+times without having a clue what killed you, the second half was the length of it seriously almost 3hours to kill a stupid crab?!?! ontop it is way too late for me to be up past midninght on a sunday as many others in europe, people have jobs or school after all.

To sum it up, too late, too long and too laggy, those things removed it would have been good.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest after bashing the same champion mob for one hour I had a short moment where I was hallucinating as I saw all karkas being replaced by corehounds and molten giants. As for the reward - it would be nice if they found a way to compensate for those who were there but got d/c'd and never got to see the end of it.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I don't have a problem with one time events being one time, but they need to last longer or have repeats (same event just happens at multiple times of day, then the world gets effected after they are all over etc) or be instanced.

Deleted
    Ok, just did the last part. I'm glad to say I was wrong. The third part was great. I really liked it. It felt ok, had some nice rewards, no lag, and the only thing I disliked about it was that there could have been 1 less reinforcements part (so from 2 to 1) but besides that it was great
    There were also some nice rewards, from my part the bag would have been enough, but the other stuff were awesome though the joy of killing that ugly spider-crab that stood over my corpse 1/4 of the whole event was worth it.

They even fixed Noll! Though I still have no clue what to do with the soggy bad and map fragments.
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't have a problem with one time events being one time, but they need to last longer or have repeats (same event just happens at multiple times of day, then the world gets effected after they are all over etc) or be instanced.
    I already said something here. Being a one time event was ok, but it lasting 2-3 hours tops was too little. It should have lasted for 3-4 days per part and only give you stuff on first time you did it (as in for the exotic stuff from chest, on other times if you did it it could give only kharma and some silver).

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 02:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    To be honest after bashing the same champion mob for one hour I had a short moment where I was hallucinating as I saw all karkas being replaced by corehounds and molten giants. As for the reward - it would be nice if they found a way to compensate for those who were there but got d/c'd and never got to see the end of it.
    Loot the karkas! We need to skin them!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Yep. In short. 2+ hrs. lagfest. Client crashed. Logged back in and got into another overflow. Event was done there. Very annoying because it feels like I have now wasted two days for nothing. I don't expect compensation or anything though. The whole event chain felt like the equivalent of ANet trying to flush out its loyal customers.

The event is not free per se. A lot people are still buying gems en masse. Easily the equivalent of a full expansion every month for some people. Regardless how people feel about its worth in money: Disappointed people will even go as far as demanding a refund, the rest of them will just stop paying. It's certainly not raising customer confidence. Mine certainly has dropped a few notches and I am usually known to be very patient and pain-resistant.
    I agree. Though I liked the third part, the first and second ones were just awful. And doing them and seeing how buggy they were I couldn't help but think how horrible ArenaNet messed them up, it did drop my confidence in them a bit, I was thinking of not doing the last part but someone from guild told me it's working properly so went to check it.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-11-19 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    They have given a response to those we got disconnected and didn't get any loot i can't post the link because of my level.

"

We have a team looking into disconnection problems that prevented some people from receiving their event rewards.

We will update you as soon as we have more information available.

Thank you, and we apologize that you were unable to claim your rewards."

-ReginaBuenaobra

North American Community Team Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Ok, just did the last part. I'm glad to say I was wrong. The third part was great. I really liked it. It felt epic, had some nice rewards, no lag, and the only thing I disliked about it was that there could have been 1 less reinforcements part (so from 2 to 1) but besides that it was great
    There were also some nice rewards, from my part the bag would have been enough, but the other stuff were awesome though the joy of killing that ugly spider-crab that stood over my corpse 1/4 of the whole event was worth it.
    A friend of mine got DC'd, hated the lagfest and left. I stuck it out (I was already an hour and a half in when he joined, another hour and a half left to go!).

It was quite the epic fight, fun, but every part of it should have been 1/3 of what it was, and the servers more limited in how many players could have been in each zone. I'm not sure if the events scaled up based on number of folks, but we also had a lot of folks that just stood there.

Same problem as other MMO's though, folks would rather stay there and wait for a rez (even when everyone is dead and half are doing the run back) even if their gear is gone. People don't know how to pull (try letting a ranged type hit one and get it out of the group, rather than charging into their midst and setting off everyone! and wait until everyone is back to strength for even that).