Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    A bug implies they took the time to make a new letter and send it out but due to a technological problem the old letter was sent, at no fault of Blizzard. The old letter was sent out due to incompetence and laziness and Blizzard has stated that it's a known issue. You can argue if the person in charge of updating it was lazy, or the QA team is incompetent, but you can't argue it was a bug.
    You couldn't be more clueless if you tried

Known issue is the same as a bug, anyone with any experience in software development knows this

Stop posting about things you know nothing about it mkay?

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    You couldn't be more clueless if you tried

Known issue is the same as a bug, anyone with any experience in software development knows this

Stop posting about things you know nothing about it mkay?
    He does not say that a known issue is any different from a bug, his point is that Blizzard seem to be passing laziness/incompetence off as a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And his post seems to be passing a bug off as laziness/incompetence.

See what I did there?
    Not really. But it looks like repeating what I just wrote.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They probably didn't realize that it got changed for last year's event. It's just a simple oversight.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's turning it around..
    Blizzard says it's a bug and he claims they are lying.
    He calls it laziness and Blizzard claims he is lying.

So it's a matter of who you want to believe.
    Or you can be like me and look at it as laziness either way. Primarily because Blizzard has grown complacent with WoW being unchallenged in the MMORPG arena and does not reward its base for loyalty.

In Rift, for instance, you get quite cool vanity and alt-helping items per month you play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The letter kinda pissed me off. Seriously, it takes 5 minutes, maybe less to make a good letter for this year.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or you can be like me and look at it as laziness either way. Primarily because Blizzard has grown complacent with WoW being unchallenged in the MMORPG arena and does not reward its base for loyalty.

In Rift, for instance, you get quite cool vanity and alt-helping items per month you play.
    I will admit that if Rift had any nonhuman looking races you could play as (the elemental race doesn't look nonhuman enough for me. I'm talking tauren, draenei, worgen (even though they can shift to humans), trolls, or hell, even orcs.) I'd probably be playing that game now.
    Last edited by zshikara; 2012-11-20 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Nice to see the letter from the wow anniversary mail is the EXACT same as last year, thanking us for helping to defend against Deathwing and helping a shattered world.
    This is exactly what I've come to expect from Blizzard. They haven't had any passion for the game in years, it's just meaningless milking of a cash cow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    This is exactly what I've come to expect from Blizzard. They haven't had any passion for the game in years, it's just meaningless milking of a cash cow.
    While i agree with the end of that statement, i just don't understand why everyone is getting so butthurt. Its not our birthday, its WoW's bday.. if anything we should be writing letters to blizz thanking them for giving us amazing memories lol. This is just a classic case of the human race being a bunch of spoiled brats, nothing new to see here.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    He does not say that a known issue is any different from a bug, his point is that Blizzard seem to be passing laziness/incompetence off as a bug.
    He says it's not due to a bug. I mean really? Was that hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    He says it's not due to a bug. I mean really? Was that hard to understand?
    Exactly, you then go off on some tangent about bugs being known issues.

It was Night Elf propaganda! (we blame everything on them anyways) They QQ'd last year about all the trees that it took to send out the 11 million letters that they used recycled parchment this year.

Deleted
    Its just the same as the Brewsteins. Havent changed that in 2 years and thats easy as well. A new color and a new year for the cheevo.

Deleted
    they are just so grateful for saving the world, that they sent the letter again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps Blizz is taking an environmental approach in recycling. Blizz is trying to help keep Azeroth green.