Any old raids/instances worth soloing for money? (can do up to cata heroics)

By money I mean either drops a lot of expensive stuff normally or drops one expensive thing once in a while(battered hilt). I'm not looking to get rich, just have a little fun soloing and getting some extra money on the side while I wait for my auctions to sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just pick a random wrath heroic you can steamroll, with humanoid/two-legged undead, empty your bags, and start pulling. Use normal profession-tricks (DE, bags from LE/Tailoring, skin the skinnables if you're a skinner), and pick up and sell EVERYTHING you can't use. The money adds up. I did this with BC heroics in Cata, and while it didn't make me ZOMGRICH, I never felt poor either. 'Sides, I like the music in the ICC 5-mans :P

Edit: Same general idea applies to Cata heroics, but I assume the wrath ones may result in faster runs.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Since the gold nerf from dungeons I prefer to kill outdoor stuff instead. But lootwise my favourite is shattered halls, normal and heroic. You can basically pull the whole instance with one pull if it weren't for the closed gates. Still, doable super fast and TBC mobs sometimes drop super valuable stuff. Found a +4 stats formula too there last week and it sold for 40k in 24 hours. <3

Botanica is nice too. Bots prefer it too. (Stand near the portal a few seconds and you'll see loads of level 80-83 people running in and back) Can make 400g ish there in 3 runs or so, just from the greys and blues you sell to vendor. Arcane dust and tomes add a lot to the sum.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2012-11-17 at 11:50 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Since the gold nerf from dungeons I prefer to kill outdoor stuff instead. But lootwise my favourite is shattered halls, normal and heroic. You can basically pull the whole instance with one pull if it weren't for the closed gates. Still, doable super fast and TBC mobs sometimes drop super valuable stuff. Found a +4 stats formula too there last week and it sold for 40k in 24 hours. <3

Botanica is nice too. Bots prefer it too. (Stand near the portal a few seconds and you'll see loads of level 80-83 people running in and back) Can make 400g ish there in 3 runs or so, just from the greys and blues you sell to vendor. Arcane dust and tomes add a lot to the sum.
    Funny you should mention that, because that's where I found my hunter in the wrong spec and f'd up keybinds one week before my authenticator arrived :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

MC is generally worth doing. The epics sell from between 3-16 gold, not to mention the greens, cloth, vendor trash and the occasional Blood of the Mountain from the Molten Destroyers.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?