Deleted

Soloing Alysrazor no longer possible?

Inspired by few 500's, I decided to try to solo Alysrazor (10N) on my retri pala. Trash went easy, probably 5 levels can do miracle.

Anyway I'm stuck. When firestorm comes, I'm losing the wings and fall down, usualy outside Alysrazor's ring thing (Shatterstone is its name I think) and fight resets. As far as I remember from FL times, ppl weren't falling down like this... Is this change intended, in case of mount showing up on bmah, or I'm doing something wrong and it is possible to avoid that?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need two people now to avoid the reset OP, If was how it was always intended then lol if it was recently intended then I'm loss for words. A friend of mine dragged me to the place and as long as I stood dead via the ground or killing things the fight would not reset and he can kill it.

In short

1 must remain in the ground dead or not

I just confirmed it myself works fine :3
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-11-18 at 02:50 AM.

I do not know about paladins but its definitely soloable by warlocks.
    On my warlock i can drop him to 1hp in one air phase so i just land on rocks around that area heal through harsh wind dmg and finish him off when he become attackable again.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You need two people now to avoid the reset OP, If was how it was always intended then lol if it was recently intended then I'm loss for words. A friend of mine dragged me to the place and as long as I stood dead via the ground or killing things the fight would not reset and he can kill it.

In short

This is wrong. It is possible to do without anyone on the ground.
    You just can't fly outside the area while being in the fly phase. If you do, it'll reset.

Alysrazor only despawn when you lag way far behind him.
    If you within 20-30 yards of him he will not despawn. Soloed him this week.

When I did it alone she kept despawning =/

Deleted
    Not sure about the despawning, But Here is an example of Firestorm evasion PoV:
    youtube.com/watch?v=-3inzNrQa-A

solo'd it on friday, so it definitely is still soloable.

Deleted
    I've been soloing her on my Rogue since the 2nd week of MoP, including this one. Definitely doable as long as you don't fly out of Shatterstone.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post

In short

I've done it solo recently, dunno whether it was hotfixed but it was possible to do however there is a chance for the fight to reset if you get too far from her while flying around.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quick question, how do you deal with the firestorm phase? Can you leave the arena and go heal through it then resume the fight?

Yes you can, I believe common practice is to even kite Alys on to Rhyolic hill when she does her reburned cleaves, just to not get hit by them. Although I would guess it depends on class you are trying to solo with.

Can someone throw me a bone and tell me how the hell to kill the trash pack in front of her? I've tried and I just melt quickly to fire damage. I can't click on the birds since I just fall down repeatedly and every video that I watch skips the trash pack.

You don't mount birds, they try to home on you by default. Run up to fire elves, stun/interrupt/defensive cd them while running in circles while birds kill them. Then run around each pile of eggs to get them destroyed, then finally in circles under birds. Dark Apo demo or Destruction (ember heal through RoF on small birds) would be easiest way to achieve this, but there are people who soloed trash at 85 already so it's all in your skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev8rvRDbJas <-- 85 destro with trash