Hunters on Empress - Cry of Terror

Hey all, this question is directed towards hunters on Empress.

We've killed her and are now preparing for her on heroic, and I've been looking over our normal mode logs. This question specifically is in regards to Cry of Terror and i guess secondarily Dissonance Field.

Has any hunter ever gotten Cry of Terror? I've looked at the top 5 parses for hunters on WoL and haven't seen a hunter get it ever. There was one 10 man log with 2 hunters in it and NEITHER got it. Ever. Are we being lumped into melee in this regard for not getting cry? Because we can certainly have Dissonance Fields spawn on us (unlike melee?).

When I first noticed this on our attempts of Empress, it seemed to make sense - the debuff in the Dissonance Field is reduced fast by magic spells cast - so Cry works really well, but I think the mechanics are relying on casters continuing to spam inside the field to lower it quicker. Thus it goes to healers and casters, but not hunters because we don't cast spells, even if we have a lot of magic damage in one spec (I did all our attempts in SV for p2 adds).

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Hey all, this question is directed towards hunters on Empress.

We've killed her and are now preparing for her on heroic, and I've been looking over our normal mode logs. This question specifically is in regards to Cry of Terror and i guess secondarily Dissonance Field.

Has any hunter ever gotten Cry of Terror? I've looked at the top 5 parses for hunters on WoL and haven't seen a hunter get it ever. There was one 10 man log with 2 hunters in it and NEITHER got it. Ever. Are we being lumped into melee in this regard for not getting cry? Because we can certainly have Dissonance Fields spawn on us (unlike melee?).

When I first noticed this on our attempts of Empress, it seemed to make sense - the debuff in the Dissonance Field is reduced fast by magic spells cast - so Cry works really well, but I think the mechanics are relying on casters continuing to spam inside the field to lower it quicker. Thus it goes to healers and casters, but not hunters because we don't cast spells, even if we have a lot of magic damage in one spec (I did all our attempts in SV for p2 adds).
    Hunters don't have mana and therefore can't get it.

Edit: post came out wrongly worded... Hunters can't get it.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-15 at 09:33 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Hunters just sit there an pew pew for the most part on this fight. Nothing special besides maybe picking crap up off the floor and stacking that crap with other crap on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Hunters don't have mana and therefore can't get it.

Edit: post came out wrongly worded... Hunters can't get it.

I have been wondering about this for a few weeks. I'm in a 25 man guild and even with that many people, I thought it was bizarre that I had never gotten that debuff. Good to know.

Something I did notice though is that you can Deterrence "Consuming Terror", keep your health and not get feared, which is neat should you have a bad cleave while you're running out with the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    Something I did notice though is that you can Deterrence "Consuming Terror", keep your health and not get feared, which is neat should you have a bad cleave while you're running out with the debuff.
    That is good to know... I won't be using my deterrence in that phase anyway, so I'll have it up.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Yap, like many have said, I haven't gotten it either, and I don't think Hunters can.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

I'm fairly certain the reason hunters don't get Cry is because we have no casts to deplete the dissonance field. The idea is that the Cry target runs into the field and does some casts, gets some heals, etc., to make sure the fields are staggered.

I'm sure we can't get it.
    And I only think dissonance field hits people in range, which should be enough people if you have some ranged casters and your healers out there.

I can tell you by a very painful wipe in LFR that dissonance field can target people in melee.

I believe it's one of those "minimum # of ranged in range" to guarantee it spawning out there. Haven't bothered to test it though, but I've been standing in melee for all Empress kills and nothing has been problematic for me.