Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'd be happy with a 25% nerf to Frostbomb damage and a 50% buff to Frost Bolt damage, honestly. The Mage I play with said he never even bothers to cast Frost Bolt anymore because he'll only ever get kills during Frost Bomb, so he just spellsteals / gets in the right position / icelances until then.

Our Win/Loss in 2s is 50-6 or something. You don't want to know the amount of games we've won in the first Frost bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    I'd be happy with a 25% nerf to Frostbomb damage and a 50% buff to Frost Bolt damage, honestly. The Mage I play with said he never even bothers to cast Frost Bolt anymore because he'll only ever get kills during Frost Bomb, so he just spellsteals / gets in the right position / icelances until then.

Our Win/Loss in 2s is 50-6 or something. You don't want to know the amount of games we've won in the first Frost bomb.
    Bolded part will cause Frost Mages to stop taking Frost Bomb and take a different bomb instead (as they're all supposed to be balanced around each other) unless the other two bombs also get nerfed as well.

Italicised part is a Frost Mage buff, when a cast time reduction on Frost Bolt would probably better suffice than a damage amplifier.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost is the only reason adouken's team got carried that far. Frost bomb needs a 50% nerf, in turn some other spells can be buffed by 20% to compensate.

Deleted
    The problem is f*** Ghostcrawler playing Mage. It's just obvious that he combined nearly all spells/features in "his" class in order to dominate everything... AND he always denies OBVIOUS imbalance. Instead he nerfs classes which could cause trouble to his Mage.
    ->Warriors can one-shot people every week once, if they're not CC'd. -> TO TEH GROUND!!!!!!
    ->Hunter -> TO TEH GROUND!!!!!! (Okay they deserved nerfs, but now they're worthless again)
    ->Mages one-shot people every 30s ->Nerfs CDs a little bit, DMG unchanged... lol

Subscription chanceled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    All bombs need a 50% nerf
    People are really forgetting that it's a talent... nerf one and you have to nerf them all, or you'll just end up complaining about Living Bomb/Nether Tempest.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    People are really forgetting that it's a talent... nerf one and you have to nerf them all, or you'll just end up complaining about Living Bomb/Nether Tempest.
    That is true, but doesn't Frost bomb actually get benefit from hitting freezed targets, where living bomb/nether tempest doesn't? I remember trying my mage alt on lvl 85 dummies when MoP was new and on lvl 85 the damage difference on frost bomb without the deep freeze and with deep freeze was around extra ~30k damage - with DS LFR gear. I can only guess what's the value difference on level 90 with PvP power.

They could just try make it not getting the crit damage benefit from freezed target (while still maintaining the crit chance multiplier). Or make blanket 25% nerf and keep it how it is, although that would hurt it more on PvE side, no?
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2012-11-20 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    That is true, but doesn't Frost bomb actually get benefit from hitting freezed targets, where living bomb/nether tempest doesn't?
    Shatter doubles your crit chance and then adds 50% to that on frozen targets. No mention of only Frost spells.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Frost bomb is the biggest cause of their overpoweredness right now from what i can tell.
    that needs a nerf first of all.
    Just like cd stacking is for warriors.

Neither is getting nerfed.

Blizzard logic.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 02:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    ridiculous sustained damage? 10k overpowers and 15k mortal strikes are ridiculous?

Their burst is out of hand, i agree, but their sustained damage is one of the worst out of all melee classes.
    No it really isn't. It's very strong. Weaker than frost dk's, more than rets. But then ret burst shits on warrior burst too so it all balances out.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    is frost bomb that orb thing that spins around shooting frost bolts? that seems to do an insane amount of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    The mage on the other side is easy to tunnel, dispel and interrupt.
    Combine them with Sp or Lock and you'll be hardly touching them, add there resto druid and GL getting out of CC. Also it's not like training them will save you from well timed bursts that can turn the game. Also in China mage team dominated warrior team, and warriors are getting a serious share of nerfs whille i missed any serious fixes to mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    Well at least they got rid of that pyro CD. I can do with anything else other than that. My mage is my main, but my Warrior is my pvp char, and even with Avatar up catching and actually killing a skilled mage is a headache...not looking forward to what it'll be like when Avatar gets nerfed though...
    then u should stop playing a war, you got 2 charges and heroic leap ? what else do u want ? immune for all stuns and all cc for 3min for your warrior ? jesus christ..i find it hard enouch to keep 1 off me in arena now days :S and i play a hunter , i disengage and like 1sec after he either charge or heroic leaps me . so i don't see your problem there m8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    is frost bomb that orb thing that spins around shooting frost bolts? that seems to do an insane amount of damage.
    No, that's Frozen orb. The only reason it seems to do insane amount of damage is because it procs a lot of FoFs and is usually followed by a lot of Ice lances.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    But to be honest, is it really a big deal? Nerfing all 3 of them as long as they are worthy of a cast in PvE surely won't kill mages as all 3 specs already are top 5 DPS, while it would balance them a little better in PvP.

A good fix that will change very little in PvE would be to reduce all of their damages by 15% and add them on the frostbolt debuff.

Why all the massive % changes that would destroy PvE balance? Both aspects of the game are important. 50% buff to frostbolt.. We seriously want to afk and tab out to facebook when there's more than one mage in LFR huh?

Blizzard has demonstrated that they can make abilities perform differently in pve and pvp, for example, Collussus Smash.

Please, any suggestions or any posts any of you are putting on the official forums should consider this and adjust where appropiate.

The recurring argument of 'nerf one bomb, may as well nerf them all' makes little to no sense. While Blizzard's nerfs and buffs to each class may be confusing at times, one thing I can follow is that they try to avoid carpet nerfs. These are typically known as clusterfucks. Clusterfucks are bad. I wouldn't mind higher cooldowns (which is what is incoming) but overall damage outside of the burst in the guilty parties (BM, buff stacking warriors and frost mages for examples) is sometimes nasty, but manageable most of the time.

Burst is the main issue at heart here. Since we have stripped down talent systems now, it is much easier to identify something and it's time we make it clear it should be addressed faster; pvp and pve are two very different kettles of fish these days.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Warrior's when they get 5 stacks. im a mage and getting crit for 230ks with 62% resiliance.. rofl

Frost bomb interacting with shatter is damn near unavoidable if the mage times his freeze right before the explosion. This is the part that is broken. It allows mages to burst constantly with very little downtime. At least with hunter/warrior CD stacking you know that if you avoid it you are safe for several minutes from that kind of pressure. Mages are putting that damage out much more consistently, yet they are untouched as far as real nerfs are concerned.

Mages >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all, working as intended.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 05:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skit View Post
    Warrior's when they get 5 stacks. im a mage and getting crit for 230ks with 62% resiliance.. rofl
    And don't worry, the nerfbat is swinging down on this soon enough. How dare any other class have insta-gibs. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Kjinni View Post
    DK's are this seasons glass cannons. If they connect, they hurt. But they are so CC'able and kitable that it's not even funny. Not to mention their utility / survivability is one of the worst ones at the time being. And hey, they are nerfing death strike healing in pvp! : )
    Unless they made some extra change i'm unaware of, i think you're confusing a tooltop change with an actual change.
    It's a long time ago that our heals was affected by playerdamage. Just the tooltip that now will say the same
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Combine them with Sp or Lock and you'll be hardly touching them, add there resto druid and GL getting out of CC. Also it's not like training them will save you from well timed bursts that can turn the game. Also in China mage team dominated warrior team, and warriors are getting a serious share of nerfs whille i missed any serious fixes to mages.
    China tournament had 4.3 setups in use. And i saw the demon Warlock dominating with chaos waves. I saw a demon lock dominating with this in a RBG yesterday too.

The problem with frost bomb is that it deals all the damage at once. Nether Tempest is a single dot that last 12s and LivingBomb has a slight oomf at the end when it explodes. This is one of the situations where I really wish they would just stop being so stubborn and tune each spell for pvp and pve.
    Hi Sephurik