Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What a surprise. wizard cleave + shaman healer all the way through.
    but nerf hunters and warriors right guys lol

not much good things to say from the presentation to the arena balance
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

I don't see how any other healer could survive for 1/10th the amount of time in an arena than a restoration shaman can. They were over-the-top overpowered in Cataclysm and they're even more over-the-top overpowered in MoP. Way too much utility, way too much survivability.

Deleted
    Way too much utility, way too much survivability.
    Seen druids? low hp, lol j/k vanish/cat form --> Full hp

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxicated View Post
    i think its lock/shaman synergy that makes them so powerful, not shaman themselves
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It was fun seeing how most interrupts/silences were used on the mage to shutdown frost bombs.

Mages are fine...
    Im confused? Why is that abnormal? You lock down the caster so he cant get pressure, if you Believe all cs/interupts deserve to be on the healer, you might have fun in the 1300 bracket.

Mage's have one ability that hits over 50k, you lock down that ability, and you know the one spell they do cast because its worth the cast bar (lol frostbolt doing 15k)

The locks/spriests got their interupts as well, as well as healers as needed.

hunters yo

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    You can change your comp whenever you want and some of the teams even did so that argument is invalid im afraid
    My assumption was that most of the healers and DPS played and practised the classes that were good last season and in the current season. So every healer was pretty much a shaman as that is what they were most comfortable with. Guess that most of the players in the tournament didn't play much feral or restodruid so it wasn't an option for them to swap out.

Now I'm not saying these are the reasons feral and resto are or are not OP. Just saying that you shouldn't take the representation of classes in this tournament to show absolute PVP balance (minus mages).

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    What a surprise castercleaves are still doing fine. Who would have thought that. Trusting the amount of qq rank 1-10 should have been tripple warrior and bm hunter teams.
    lol i also found that funny. for all the bitching and qq still only 1 warrior..... but let us continue to whine about warriors while harry potters run rampant as usual. and yes i am a warrior!!!

You can change your comp whenever you want and some of the teams even did so that argument is invalid im afraid
    You cannot change the participating players however, and even though you can change comps, most of them are practiced and qualified with their comps of last expansion.
    Sure you can change your class, but unless you are super skilled with that other class as well (AND practiced extensively with your buddies), you are not going to take that chance in a tournament. Like in SC2, players are not going to suddenly change their preferred race unless they got tons of practice on it beforehand. You are going to go with the class you are most experienced.

That's why even though Resto Druids are the top healer right now, people in tourney with $ 100K dollars on the line are not going to suddenly switch to it. The playstyle is completely different and teammates have to adjust to that.

Adding that people making balance comments about LIVE based on this tournament are dumb as hell.
    Last edited by corebit; 2012-11-19 at 02:51 AM.

you guys are forgetting one HUGE fact: the qualifying tournaments (hence qualifying teams) were based off of Cataclysm play.

if there's a blizzcon in 2013, we'll get a better picture of the MoP pvp situation. this tournament was great but head-shakingly worthy when you qualify in Cataclysm playstyle, but then determine the champ in MoP playstyle. lots have changed and some specs and comps that may have made it didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoxicated View Post
    Yeah.. You could totally see how the resto druid teams dominated the tournament because of resto druids being clearly overpowered.

Oh wait.. there were no rdruids and not even any other druid specs.

Go away!

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 04:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    You cannot change the participating players however, and even though you can change comps, most of them are practiced and qualified with their comps of last expansion.
    Sure you can change your class, but unless you are super skilled with that other class as well (AND practiced extensively with your buddies), you are not going to take that chance in a tournament. Like in SC2, players are not going to suddenly change their preferred race unless they got tons of practice on it beforehand. You are going to go with the class you are most experienced.

That's why even though Resto Druids are the top healer right now, people in tourney with $ 100K dollars on the line are not going to suddenly switch to it. The playstyle is completely different and teammates have to adjust to that.

Adding that people making balance comments about LIVE based on this tournament are dumb as hell.
    Lots of the players made change in their comps to the classes they felt would be best for their current matchups.
    None of them felt that restodruid would be good in any of the matchups. Simple as that.

Why is it dumb to make balance comments about live based on tournament? It is the EXACT same patch?

Also.. if you check the ladders you will clearly see that resto druids arent even close to being as represented as resto shamans.

People who still deny that restoshamans are the best might need to see a doctor or something.
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2012-11-19 at 03:25 AM.

Most of the healers who qualified were resto shamans from cataclysm, obviously theyre not going to switch from their main healing class.

If the qualifiers were in mop, there would have been alot more resto druids. Others healers do just suck tho.

Also, I believe that if qualifiers were in mop, a kitty cleave would have won the tournament.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    What a surprise castercleaves are still doing fine. Who would have thought that. Trusting the amount of qq rank 1-10 should have been tripple warrior and bm hunter teams.
    Before the stampede hotfix, world ranks 1-10 (ignoring MMR exploiters) were all KFC and KFC variants (ie. some different heals mixxed in)
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-11-19 at 04:05 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Lots of the players made change in their comps to the classes they felt would be best for their current matchups.
    None of them felt that restodruid would be good in any of the matchups. Simple as that.
    Most players stuck the classes that they were most familiar with. Even the rogues stuck to their guns even though everyone know they are gimp this expansion . Adouken stuck to being Destro. The only notable exception I saw was Yasrepresents changing from TSG initially. All warlocks changing to demo is not really big departure from players' experience as most class basics remain the same.

Why is it dumb to make balance comments about live based on tournament? It is the EXACT same patch?
    It's dumb because 1) as most people have said, the qualifying teams are from last expansion, and 2) people saying warrior / hunters and whatever are fine because xLS won the tournament is really hilarious.
    It's like saying hunters were fine last season after the Korean PHD won the Blizzcon last year.

Deleted
    Yeah, if qualifiers were done this season (after stampede fix) we would probably have seen a lot more ferals and warriors put in together with all the mages, demo warlocks and restoration shamans (and rogues, lol).
    Anyways only 4 out of 8 of the teams were from the US/EU, and there's really an entirely different PvP culture going on in Asia.

I still miss the MLG/Blizzcon RMP mirror matches from Wotlk. Those games were of a much higher quality than I have ever seen in a tournament.

Deleted
    Ive seen some people win 105 000 price. Let me guess, one of them=warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    naturetauren warrior team lost 3:0 in finals ......
    Mages mate mages and shamans > Everything from what i seen.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Ive seen some people win 105 000 price. Let me guess, one of them=warrior?
    Mage Lock Shaman

Deleted
    It's just stupid when all the comps (or 90% of them, can't reemember exactly) include shamans. They are by far better than any other healer. Myself playing a rdruid know that my class got tons better, but I compare a resto shaman vs a disc priest and there's no...point...talking. Blood fear is totally out of control? No. Why? Because every comp plays rshaman.