Shampoo and Body Wash

Hello Everyone!

I've gotten fed up with my dandruff and am now seeking help of you guys to recommend me a new shampoo. It seems like Head and Shoulders gives me MORE dandruff then I already have, so I stopped using it. And then I started use Old Spice 3 in 1 Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash. It works great but it makes my head itch and as I rinse the shampoo out of my hear, it gets on my eyebrows, and when I get out of the shower, my eyebrows are dry. (Weird, I know =/) So I was told try something that was more mild that wouldn't kill my scalp but would still clean my hair. So I started doing some research, and figured I would try Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo/body wash, but upon further research, it said that because it has the pH for a baby, it might not be as strong for an adult and it wouldn't give me the proper cleaning I need. I then continued research and found some Ultra Mild shampoo, but it cost $88.99 for 7.5 oz of the stuff. Obviously I'm not paying that much for shampoo, so can any of you tell me of something that's mild that won't own my scalp? Anything will do, but preferably I'd like something scentless and also functions as a body wash as well.

tl:dr - I need shampoo that doesn't burn/dry out my scalp. (No medicated shampoo please)

Thank you all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whyumadbro View Post
    So I started doing some research, and figured I would try Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo/body wash, but upon further research, it said that because it has the pH for a baby, it might not be as strong for an adult and it wouldn't give me the proper cleaning I need.
    I'm calling BS on this, and in any case, if the standard amount isn't enough, use more. I've not cut my hair since January and I have to re-wash my hair twice every time I have a shower, just go for three times or something.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not my area of expertise, but it sounds like you have multiple issues going on, and will likely need specific products for each one.
    Really don't think there's a 1 shoe fits all approach that will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I'm calling BS on this, and in any case, if the standard amount isn't enough, use more. I've not cut my hair since January and I have to re-wash my hair twice every time I have a shower, just go for three times or something.
    My head is actually shaved marine style. I also fear that I might be using the water too hot in the shower. So part of my road to a healthier scalp is to start using warmer water and hopefully I'll see some progress soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Axe Armour - Shampoo + Conditioner/Anti Dandruff. Been using it for years. It's great.

If it's extremely bad, you might need to use the medicated shampoos. My younger brother has had dandruff for most of his adult life and swears by coal tar shampoo. It appears to work rather well.

I personally have never had a problem with dandruff, so I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps you can try out that coal tar stuff? I mean, if it works it works, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, I was in the same boat as you. This worked very well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.