Page 1 of 2
LastLast

(PVP)how to survive from a warrior burst as a elemental shaman?

any ideas?...

wait for 5.1 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stand next to a cliff and thunderstorm his ass off....

Deleted
    well wind walk totem is awesome for warriors..thunderstorm is powerfull if you use it properly..and there is allways rockbiter weapon enchant(5%dmg reduction)that you can put on(dont forget to change it)...and obviously all healing defences that you have...if also you are primal elementalist then warrior burst is not a problem...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't?

In BGs fight by cliffs so you can blast them off =P

In arenas, cc your hardest >.<
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    Earthbind, frost shock, thunderstorm, hex, capacitor totem, ghost wolf, all 3 level 30 talents.
    Take your pick!
    Last edited by Kaga; 2012-11-18 at 10:00 AM.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

1. pucker butthole.
    2. thunderstorm
    3. get charged. that was an awful idea.
    4. root. whew 8 glorious seconds to live. jk he got dispelled.
    5. charged again.
    6. shockwaved, oh god now im fucked trinketing
    7. frost shock ghostwolf away. damnit i dont have gw glyph im waddling slow as hell.
    8. heroic leap. well, that was unnecessary.
    9. ns hex him! get off me!
    10. trinketed. sigh. go ahead. kill me.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Reroll mage or warlock.

No, seriously, why are you still playing elemental? GC isn't even aware people interrupt/silence elemental, do you think he's aware of how horrible it is? If you're playing shaman in PvP, and not resto(enhance is gonna get gutted), you're dumb.

1v1 nothing really you can do but hope you do enough damage while surviving the warriors cd. If at some point you live through avatar etc and you have nothing left when the tfb procs come up you're pretty much dead anyway. Arena you could deal with a warrior much easier if you and your friends monitor tfb stacks. Then you react accordingly.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2012-11-19 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    Weakest spec VS most OP spec ? You have no chance at all, unless all of his cooldowns are recharging, AND he's bad.

Pull the plug on the modem and cross your fingers.

I cant decide between...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    Don't?
    Reroll mage or warlock.
    and
    Pull the plug on the modem and cross your fingers.
    Seriously, I dont play and even I can gather from what I've heard that this thread title sounds like a joke .
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Makail View Post
    Hand of Protection
    Lol, this one. I arena as a retadin with an ele shaman partner, and whenever I see a warrior, I can assure you my shaman gets the bubble. And fast. Or he is just done. I mean, he's dead usually anyways because of shattering throw, but it at least slightly delays the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    wait for 5.1 ?
    We get way more nerfs than Warriors in 5.1

get good with totemic projection and capacitor totem. frozen power can help with this.
    even tho gag order is gonna be gone, you can cast totems while silenced. it boggles me how many shaman dont know this. healing stream, earthbind/earthgrab, searing, stone bulkwark are all good things to drop while silenced.
    Imp ghost wolf glyph.
    I personally use a godmode combination of cds on my ele for my burst. ele mastery/Spiritwalkers grace/Ancestral Guidance/Ascendance. this gives you mobile insane burst with 40% of it done back as healing with a personal lust. you need to wait out a couple silences before you use it tho or you'll just get CCed for the duration.

a typical warrior duel for me goes like this. flame shock spam at the start to get it up right as he charges for Lava surge procs. Tstorm when he reaches you, bad warriors charge again and shockwave, better warriors leap and shockwave. either way, trink the shock wave and start to kite/throw instant lvbursts and fulms. wait out the silences, but still juke so you arent locked out and can cast totems while silenced. then when hes burnt most of his interrupts, i get a tiny bit of distance and pop the crazy cooldown and blow him up. get fast with tremor for his shout and toss moving healing surges if you need. this works for me most of the time but sometimes you just get stomped with reck : / deal with it and get ready to /rofl at them after 5.1

EDIT: forgot, windshear his spell reflects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    We get way more nerfs than Warriors in 5.1
    Wait, we are getting more nerfs than warrior?

I knew about they are planning to reduce off healing, but other than that, what else?

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kauterize View Post
    a typical warrior duel for me goes like this. flame shock spam at the start to get it up right as he charges for Lava surge procs. Tstorm when he reaches you, bad warriors charge again and shockwave, better warriors leap and shockwave.
    I generally put a Capacitor Totem as I Thunderstorm, 90% of the time the Warrior will Charge or Leap right back at you to get stunned. I have only countered a handful of warriors that moved away as soon as they see the Capacitor totem, but then that is what Totemic Projection is for.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Kauterize and @Grym

Good luck because:

Shaman
    All totems are now considered spells, and summoning totems can be prevented by silencing effects. Searing Totem, Magma Totem, and Fire Elemental totems fall into the Fire school, while all other totems fall under the Nature school.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ealm-now-live/

Hard to find because its not alphabetized and not highlighted in red to denote its a recent change.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

well thats lame but since warriors are losing their silence as well, sort of moot for this

Quote Originally Posted by Kauterize View Post
    get good with totemic projection and capacitor totem. frozen power can help with this.
    even tho gag order is gonna be gone, you can cast totems while silenced. it boggles me how many shaman dont know this. healing stream, earthbind/earthgrab, searing, stone bulkwark are all good things to drop while silenced.
    Imp ghost wolf glyph.
    I personally use a godmode combination of cds on my ele for my burst. ele mastery/Spiritwalkers grace/Ancestral Guidance/Ascendance. this gives you mobile insane burst with 40% of it done back as healing with a personal lust. you need to wait out a couple silences before you use it tho or you'll just get CCed for the duration.

a typical warrior duel for me goes like this. flame shock spam at the start to get it up right as he charges for Lava surge procs. Tstorm when he reaches you, bad warriors charge again and shockwave, better warriors leap and shockwave. either way, trink the shock wave and start to kite/throw instant lvbursts and fulms. wait out the silences, but still juke so you arent locked out and can cast totems while silenced. then when hes burnt most of his interrupts, i get a tiny bit of distance and pop the crazy cooldown and blow him up. get fast with tremor for his shout and toss moving healing surges if you need. this works for me most of the time but sometimes you just get stomped with reck : / deal with it and get ready to /rofl at them after 5.1

EDIT: forgot, windshear his spell reflects.
    U wont be able to drop totems while Silenced come 5.1
    And with the removal of Healing Aspect of PvP Power from DPS Hybrids u can forget Healing Surge doing any reasonable healing