Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    And lol at the entitlement issues some people have.
    This. I effectively paid less than $0.50 for my copy (trading FTW), and I got TONS more value and playtime from Terraria; in fact it's my third most played game on Steam, at 133.9 hours played. What do you expect from a $9.99 price game?

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped. I just finished watching the trailer that the OP linked, and that was the first I had seen of the game. I'm having high hopes, and it'll likely be a Day 1 purchase from me. Can't wait!

Deleted
    Is there a similar game about zombies? Same thing - survival, building, exploring, and maybe with the same kind of view/style? I know about Project Zomboid, but that's not really it

Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Is there a similar game about zombies? Same thing - survival, building, exploring, and maybe with the same kind of view/style? I know about Project Zomboid, but that's not really it
    Do you mean Deadly 30? Not much depth in it though, sadly.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Do you mean Deadly 30? Not much depth in it though, sadly.

Wow. Yeah, it looks good, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    since they abandoned terraria for other crap i refuse to buy the other crap
    Funny. The development of Terraria is almost ENTIRELY irrelevant to the development of Starbound. Tiy, the lead of starbound, only helped with some final assets when terraria was close to being finished. Redigit, the creator of Terraria, has nothing to do with Starbound. At all. Furthermore, the Terraria development has since been picked up again with the largest update yet to come sometime around May-July (hopefully). Again, this is Redigit's creation. Tiy has throughout all of this been working on Starbound.

Please read up on your stuff before you childishly ignore everything you got from terraria (if you even played it?) for $10, and everything you will get from Starbound for potentially another $10.

Game looks very very good ...I liked this guys break down of the game

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    This. I effectively paid less than $0.50 for my copy (trading FTW), and I got TONS more value and playtime from Terraria; in fact it's my third most played game on Steam, at 133.9 hours played. What do you expect from a $9.99 price game?

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped. I just finished watching the trailer that the OP linked, and that was the first I had seen of the game. I'm having high hopes, and it'll likely be a Day 1 purchase from me. Can't wait!
    I paid 10 bucks for terraria and while it does suck that the developers stopped supporting it, I definite got my money's worth out of it. I spent so much time playing it. I can understand people being disappointed but, honestly, a bargain like that doesn't come around very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    I can understand people being disappointed but, honestly, a bargain like that doesn't come around very often.
    I can't. Did they think they were buying neverending free updates for under ten bucks or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    I paid 10 bucks for terraria and while it does suck that the developers stopped supporting it, I definite got my money's worth out of it. I spent so much time playing it. I can understand people being disappointed but, honestly, a bargain like that doesn't come around very often.
    Again, Redigit has resumed development on terraria since January. A new, huge update is due in 2-3 months!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    since they abandoned terraria for other crap i refuse to buy the other crap
    Exactly. Starbound is just Terraria in space. I already paid for Terraria, why the hell should I have to pay for a texture mod? I really enjoyed Terraria, and unfortunately hopped into it right near the end. They announced shortly after I joined that they were abandoning the game...only to start work on a space clone. Rofl, sorry, you lost my support.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I can't. Did they think they were buying neverending free updates for under ten bucks or something?
    Some of us still play the original, you know, Minecraft, and they continue to update that. Your point is null and void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Some of us still play the original, you know, Minecraft, and they continue to update that. Your point is null and void.
    Funny, people wish that Mojang stops with patches because they ruin mods.

Exactly. Starbound is just Terraria in space. I already paid for Terraria, why the hell should I have to pay for a texture mod? I really enjoyed Terraria, and unfortunately hopped into it right near the end. They announced shortly after I joined that they were abandoning the game...only to start work on a space clone. Rofl, sorry, you lost my support.
    "BioShock Infinite is just Rapture in space, rofl, you lost my support. Final Fantasy 13 is just Final Fantasy in corridors, rofl, you lost my support." Flawless logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectionize View Post
    Again, Redigit has resumed development on terraria since January. A new, huge update is due in 2-3 months!
    No, it is not the same developer that is adding content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    However, 505 Games is porting the game to several video game consoles and adding new content.
    Source: click.

Seeing as Terreria isn't Minecraft I'd say my point still stands.

But Infiniminer would like to have a word in over that ''original'' remark.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    No, it is not the same developer that is adding content.
    Oh but it is. There's a 200 page thread with suggestions on terrariaonline.com. A recent interview with Andrew Spinks (redigit): http://indiegamehq.com/interview-and...inks-terraria/ about his return. His profile on the same forum is filled with people asking him questions about the update, as well as him replying. (http://www.terrariaonline.com/members/redigit.9411). His twitter (https://twitter.com/Demilogic) is also used by him to reply to questions, currently mostly about the console release but also quite a bit about the new PC update. Current amount of released information: http://www.terrariaonline.com/thread...-thread.96063/

Yes, 505 games has been given the ability to port the game to consoles, but Redigit has also resumed a DIFFERENT update for the PC game. Not at all related to the console version.
    enough sources for you?
    Last edited by Reflectionize; 2013-03-29 at 10:05 PM.

There's no discussion to be had with these people, because they have entitlement issues.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

What they really need to do is up and release an epic music CD.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    I never played terraria so i'm not THAT excited, what i am excited about that is jesse cox and totalbiscuit will begin a series on it.

They said that on the pax east TGS podcast panel.

It makes me want to strangle a puppy every time I see someone who thinks Terraria and Starbound are created by the same team of people from the same studio.

Wrong. So very, very wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflectionize View Post
    Oh but it is. There's a 200 page thread with suggestions on terrariaonline.com. A recent interview with Andrew Spinks (redigit): http://indiegamehq.com/interview-and...inks-terraria/ about his return. His profile on the same forum is filled with people asking him questions about the update, as well as him replying. (http://www.terrariaonline.com/members/redigit.9411). His twitter (https://twitter.com/Demilogic) is also used by him to reply to questions, currently mostly about the console release but also quite a bit about the new PC update. Current amount of released information: http://www.terrariaonline.com/thread...-thread.96063/

Yes, 505 games has been given the ability to port the game to consoles, but Redigit has also resumed a DIFFERENT update for the PC game. Not at all related to the console version.
    enough sources for you?
    Oh my, this is incredibly good news

Deleted
    It is kinda funny how people are really disappointed that it's not updated anymore.
    You paid a bit of money for the game, which they didn't need to update at all (from a sellers perspective). How many AAA games get released for 60 euro's, and then never ever get an update?

I considered myself lucky that these developers actually updated their game very frequently. Of course it's sad that they stopped, but it's their own choice and it's ok.