Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thek3mp View Post

A comparable situation would World of Warcraft getting retrofit to work on consoles, then consoles getting exclusive updates, raids, expansions etc, while leaving the pc version as is. Granted they can technically do whatever they want with the money they earn, but so can i, and i wouldn't continue to support such behavior.
    No it isn't comparable...at...all.
    WoW you pay a subscription for, which means you pay for continued services.
    With Terraria, you bought the game...they didn't have to give you jack shit afterwards. They give you a game...and you play it, and you should be happy.
    Whatever they do with the money they earned is none of our damn business. If they want to release it for a broader audience (xbox players), then that's their own business.

Of course I would loved it if they would have used the money instead to make more content for terraria, but I far from expected it. They really don't owe us everything. We gave them money (not a lot), and they gave us a great game...I call that an even deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    No it isn't comparable...at...all.
    WoW you pay a subscription for, which means you pay for continued services.
    With Terraria, you bought the game...they didn't have to give you jack shit afterwards. They give you a game...and you play it, and you should be happy.
    Whatever they do with the money they earned is none of our damn business. If they want to release it for a broader audience (xbox players), then that's their own business.

Of course I would loved it if they would have used the money instead to make more content for terraria, but I far from expected it. They really don't owe us everything. We gave them money (not a lot), and they gave us a great game...I call that an even deal.
    Have to agree with this guy^^. Would be more comparable to a publisher giving free console specific DLC (which I'm sure happens already). Either way though I got more than what I paid for with 100 hours logged (way more than I get out of a lot of AAA titles) and I also believe it was linked somewhere in the thread they said they were going to put the update out for PC users.

Quote Originally Posted by thek3mp View Post
    People weren't pissed because they chose not to continue development on terraria, They were pissed because they added new features and updated the console version using the profits generated from the pc version, Which is a bit of a dick move.
    You might have a point if it weren't for the fact that many people were upset about the situation long before anything was said about the console release.
    I don't think they're being "Entitled masses" when quite frankly, they have a right to be entitled.
    Ten bucks is all you need to be rightfully entitled?

I would think half a year worth of free updates it worth far more than ten bucks.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You might have a point if it weren't for the fact that many people were upset about the situation long before anything was said about the console release
    Which is pretty ridiculous if you think about it. At most people paid what, $10-$15? at least they paid $2.50. If I even spent 1 hour enjoynig a game for $2.50 it's technically worth my time. Considering I've spent almost 100 hours for $2.50 makes me feel like I robbed their company several times over.
    BAD WOLF

It seems a lot of people are indoctrinated into believing that criticism - constructive or otherwise - of a business or company's perceived questionable practices are due to 'entitlement'. If you got your money's worth and feel happy with how the game turned out, that's great! Really, it is. At least up until you start telling everyone else how they should feel regarding what happened.

For the record, I'm pretty happy with Terraria and intend to purchase Starbound in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    It seems a lot of people are indoctrinated into believing that criticism - constructive or otherwise - of a business or company's perceived questionable practices are due to 'entitlement'. If you got your money's worth and feel happy with how the game turned out, that's great! Really, it is. At least up until you start telling everyone else how they should feel regarding what happened.
    And apparently pointing out things that should be common sense is something you do because of indoctrination.

I don't consider it criticism, much less constructive criticism, to swear off the game and anything related to it because they stopped supporting it after half a year of free updates. Especially considering how no one has bothered to answer my question: How long does a company have to provide free content updates to a budget priced game to appease the entitled masses?

Deleted

For the record, I'm pretty happy with Terraria and intend to purchase Starbound in the future.
    How is stating something and giving reasons for stating that (i.e. a proper argument) telling people how they should think?
    I guess I'll stop doing normal discussions then and say OMGn00byusostupid, if proper arguments already count as 'telling people what to do'.

Are you deliberately ignoring my points or just trying to twist my words? Please do not try and warp my post into something completely different.

Deleted
    Maybe I misunderstood you, in that case sorry, but:

If you got your money's worth and feel happy with how the game turned out, that's great! Really, it is. At least up until you start telling everyone else how they should feel regarding what happened.
    when I said

I feel that's faaaaaaaaaaaaar from telling other people how they should feel about it...just giving arguments to support my view. But again, if I misunderstood, my apologies.

Are you deliberately ignoring my points or just trying to twist my words? Please do not try and warp my post into something completely different.
    You would do well to actually quote who you are responding to and specifically what they said that warrants your post.

Take the arguments to PMs. Let's keep the discussion on Starbound; if you need to discuss Terraria, it needs to be outside this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Take the arguments to PMs. Let's keep the discussion on Starbound; if you need to discuss Terraria, it needs to be outside this thread.
    With this thread's title and the assumed connection between Starbound and Terraria many people have this topic of discussion is going to keep coming up.

Hour long lets play video with Yogscast from the Insomnia Gaming Festival: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTqsIwd4EFU

Still no beta.

*grumble*grumble*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Hour long lets play video with Yogscast from the Insomnia Gaming Festival: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTqsIwd4EFU

Still no beta.

*grumble*grumble*
    Looks pretty fun.
    Also Sips is awesome. :I

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Looks pretty fun.
    Also Sips is awesome. :I
    It looks perfectly playable. And from following their blog it sounds like there's significantly more systems working that never got seen in the video. So maybe they could release that beta so players could start giving feedback...

The release schedule is for 2014 iirc, so plenty of time before a beta still.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    The release schedule is for 2014 iirc, so plenty of time before a beta still.
    You recall incorrectly.

http://www.playstarbound.com/roadmap/

Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    Good read, thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    Finally, tier 1 is only partially finished, we're using a boss that's probably not even going to be the tier 1 boss. There's no side quests, nothing outside of the main tutorial line of quests. We don't have serialization stability. Party mechanics are only accessible via chat commands, as are much of everything else. The state the game is in is kinda cool to kick around in for about an hour. But it really isn't ready to be released to the general public.
    Does someone need to explain to them what a beta test is?