Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have to remind myself this game is still going to happen, bought it months ago on humble bundle or w/e and it's never going to come out D:
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Does someone need to explain to them what a beta test is?
    As it currently stands it would be an alpha test.
    I'm expecting the beta to be released sometime in october.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I have to remind myself this game is still going to happen, bought it months ago on humble bundle or w/e and it's never going to come out D:
    If you follow their site you will notice that they update it almost every day with things they're doing, and in my eyes, they're progressing really really fast!
    Really looking forward to the end product.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    There was a humble bundle with this on it? Wtf...how did I miss that?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    There was a humble bundle with this on it? Wtf...how did I miss that?
    No. There's a "Humble Bundle Store", where you can buy games on there (for regular and/or not *bundle* prices). I believe that's what (s)he means.

For example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    No. There's a "Humble Bundle Store", where you can buy games on there (for regular and/or not *bundle* prices). I believe that's what (s)he means.

For example.
    Oh whew...ok. I thought I missed out on a great deal as I'm keeping my eye on this game, but don't like to invest in things without seeing a good return. Promising ideas and screenshots are great, but I'm just a person who waits until there is a working version of a game to support it.

I love that other people are willing to put their faith in projects, like on kickstarter, but it's just not for me personally.
    BAD WOLF

Oh whew...ok. I thought I missed out on a great deal as I'm keeping my eye on this game, but don't like to invest in things without seeing a good return. Promising ideas and screenshots are great, but I'm just a person who waits until there is a working version of a game to support it.

I love that other people are willing to put their faith in projects, like on kickstarter, but it's just not for me personally.
    I understand the sentiment, and usually I'd agree with you. But Starbound, for me, is worth it; even if it's the same (which I am certain it will be better than, just saying) amount of entertainment as Terraria, it will be a solid investment, in my eyes. And, as Waervyn stated, they've progressed pretty far, it's not like you're getting a table-top presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    If you follow their site you will notice that they update it almost every day with things they're doing, and in my eyes, they're progressing really really fast!
    Really looking forward to the end product.
    Yeah but I want it nooooow!!

For example.
    Yeah when I went to look for preorder stuff it sent me there. So I did. Well not that link specifically, idk what the fuck that is.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the sentiment, and usually I'd agree with you. But Starbound, for me, is worth it; even if it's the same (which I am certain it will be better than, just saying) amount of entertainment as Terraria, it will be a solid investment, in my eyes. And, as Waervyn stated, they've progressed pretty far, it's not like you're getting a table-top presentation.
    Completely true. But I'm nothing if not a man of principle. Maybe when I make it big I'll have less principles in favor of more investment/generosity.
    BAD WOLF

Completely true. But I'm nothing if not a man of principle. Maybe when I make it big I'll have less principles in favor of more investment/generosity.
    Fair enough.

Semi-related news: Terraria patch 1.2 is officially coming October 1st to PC!

My post in the Terraria thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sorta pains me that I bought Terraria on Xbox Live. I will not be making the same mistake with Starbound.

Sadly I did the same with Minecraft = /
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough.

Semi-related news: Terraria patch 1.2 is officially coming October 1st to PC!

My post in the Terraria thread.
    Thanks for the heads up...wife and I have been looking forward to getting back into this since Starbound will be a while.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    purchased the 4 pack yesterday for me and friends. Cant wait for this game. Love terraria, this is going to be hawt.

Just read the most recent "Chronicle" that I got via e-mail from them, a little disappointed.

This month brought a lot of controversy about the release date of the beta versus Starbound's "full release"-- among other things, like sewage-based monsters! Let's clear some things up.

When we began pre-orders back in April, the idea of not completing the entire game by the end of the year seemed absurd! So we set our official "release date estimate" for 2013 and elsewhere stated that the game would definitely be out this year.

Game development is fairly unpredictable, though, especially on games as large as Starbound, and things often take much longer than we could have thought possible. Given that, we'd taken the stance that it's the beta that will definitely be available this year, not the full game. While we're always actively talking to people in IRC and the forums, we only recently updated our website's info to reflect these changes! Sorry about that.
    Totally understand why, I just want to play the game.

I would feel a lot better about that news if they actually gave us a date for the beta.

Hell, can't they even give us a month?
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-09-29 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I would feel a lot better about that news if they actually gave us a date for the beta.

Hell, can't they even give us a month?
    My friend and I are on the exact same boat as you. The game seems playable and I'd rather them just put the beta out and treat it like Terraria was with constant updates then watching them try and make it a fully finished product before the beta. I think they're going in the wrong direction by making everyone wait in the dark while the hype slowly dies out, personally I'd have been happy with just the starter planet to mess around on for beta and do that for a month or two. >.>

It's getting to the point where if they just now start adding in one new feature I'm losing interest. In the beginning I was stoked as hell, but I don't want them to fall into the "we need more stuff in here!" trap. Save it for later. Finish what you have and kick this sucker out the door!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just incase people haven't been checking recent updates for Starbound here are some teaser photos.

As was all being said earlier too, at this point I'm pretty much fresh out of excitement for this. I would have loved for them to just release the beta with a single planet and no way to get past it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    As was all being said earlier too, at this point I'm pretty much fresh out of excitement for this. I would have loved for them to just release the beta with a single planet and no way to get past it lol.
    Yeah, after getting Terraria patch 1.2, my initial thought after seeing this thread again: "Oh yeah, Starbound exists..."

Guys. Hey guys. Big news. The Starbound beta? It's going to be...

Wait for it!

This is going to blow your mind!

You should probably be sitting down for this AMAZING news!

A beta!

Still no ETA.