Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How about a topic from their forums?

http://community.playstarbound.com/i...cussion.34000/

Can't find enough silver! ARGHLEBARGLE!

I'd already really enjoyed the OST when I pre-ordered, but hearing it in game makes me zone out at times, one of my favourite OSTs at the moment.

Also, digging = profit. 1000 pixels, 80 iron ore, 120 copper ore and 60 silver ore from a 45 minute expedition, not to mention a bunch of furniture and other items worth a net of about 10,000 pixels (steel platforms, flasks of various liquids, a big flashing siren, a hyper disc, etc...).

Currently making sure I haul some dirt blocks every where I go. Simply build a wall between me and monsters, or even corner them with dirt and pelt them to death with arrows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    How about a topic from their forums?

http://community.playstarbound.com/i...cussion.34000/

Can't find enough silver! ARGHLEBARGLE!
    Yeah tried that also, but I'm no computer whiz and when entering my IPv4 or w.e in the portforwarding section I just kept getting invalid port.

EDIT: Well got it all set up! My friend and I are now blazing trails through the stars :3
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2013-12-05 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I'd already really enjoyed the OST when I pre-ordered, but hearing it in game makes me zone out at times, one of my favourite OSTs at the moment.

Also, digging = profit. 1000 pixels, 80 iron ore, 120 copper ore and 60 silver ore from a 45 minute expedition, not to mention a bunch of furniture and other items worth a net of about 10,000 pixels (steel platforms, flasks of various liquids, a big flashing siren, a hyper disc, etc...).

Currently making sure I haul some dirt blocks every where I go. Simply build a wall between me and monsters, or even corner them with dirt and pelt them to death with arrows.
    How does one convert items into pixels? I have a bunch of shroom chests I'd just LOVE to do that to.

So I pretty much stripped my starter planet of materials. Beat the first boss and got the thingy to make the metalworking station. Off to another planet is search of gold and steel.

According to the Steam stats page, this game is the second most played right now with over 50,000 playing it o_O.

For people who played Terraria extensively (at least until plantera):
    1. How does this game compare to Terraria?
    2. Are there Biomes? And if so, how many?
    3. If it took me 105 hours to play through Terraria on one character, do you think I'll be able to get equal amount of time in this game?
    4. How is solo play? Because if I'm going to play, I'll play solo only.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    According to the Steam stats page, this game is the second most played right now with over 50,000 playing it o_O.

For people who played Terraria extensively (at least until plantera):
    1. How does this game compare to Terraria?
    2. Are there Biomes? And if so, how many?
    3. If it took me 105 hours to play through Terraria on one character, do you think I'll be able to get equal amount of time in this game?
    4. How is solo play? Because if I'm going to play, I'll play solo only.
    Solo is tough. Quite tough. Though I doubt they're done balancing the game yet.
    Biomes... shitloads. There's tons of different planets. Loads and loads of different dungeons, towns, random mini-dungeons... all sorts of stuff. And CRAPTONS of items in all of these places.
    As for comparing it to Terraria, for me at least, it's everything that I wanted Terraria to ever become.

Deleted
    I really like the game, although I must say...Terraria was cuter in my opinion. Now every character has more pixels, yet they 'failed' to make the monsters and characters have any personality (at least the 4 I saw in my 10m of playing before going to bed) ^^

There's already an update? Here's hoping it doesn't break my saves.

Do you guys think it'll be discounted at the winter sale or is that too soon for a discount?

Do you guys think it'll be discounted at the winter sale or is that too soon for a discount?
    It won't even be out of beta by then, no way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought terraria and haven't installed yet - is it basically a 2D version of minecraft?

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I bought terraria and haven't installed yet - is it basically a 2D version of minecraft?
    It's equal parts Minecraft and Metroid, honestly. VERY heavy emphasis on exploration, more than Minecraft is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Yes. Terraria is basically a 2D (better imo) of minecraft. Though terraria has many more bosses and more entertaining pvp / fights than minecraft.

Starbound is the one herecius means has parts of metroid.

Just the bought the game for 4 TF2 Keys (basically $10)

Hopefully it'll be at least as addicting as Terraria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Starbound is the one herecius means has parts of metroid.
    Huh no, Terraria is metroid as well. You gather ores to craft gear so you can progress forward.

Damn the game is bugged as fuck :/

I think I'll come back in a week when the devs fix most of the game breaking bugs and nerf the overall difficulty of the monsters.
    Last edited by Tuma; 2013-12-05 at 11:06 AM.

Damn the game is bugged as fuck :/

I think I'll come back in a week when the devs fix most of the game breaking bugs and nerf the overall difficulty of the monsters.
    I haven't encounted any game-breaking bugs, which ones are you referring to? And this is the earliest stage of the beta, we know there are many bugs. The specifically encouraged people who do not want to deal with bugs to not even bother with this stage of it.

In any case, the only major ones I know of are the fairly widespread FPS bug seemingly effecting only specific system setups, and an item duplication bug with the scanner in your ship.

I tried to order starbound, but you can only order with paypal or amazon ? How about credit card ffs ????
    Ecce homo ergo elk