Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    A major event in french history occured when Julius Cesar decided for his own prestige and power to conquer Gaul (52 BC).
    He is known to be bi-sexual.
    Can you imagine what happened to young gallic prisoners ?
    2000 years latern here is the result....

Quote Originally Posted by pouca View Post
    A major event in french history occured when Julius Cesar decided for his own prestige and power to conquer Gaul (52 BC).
    He is known to be bi-sexual.
    Can you imagine what happened to young gallic prisoners ?
    2000 years latern here is the result....
    I don't know why someone with enough wealth and power to buy off anyone he wanted would bother with prisoners. Just sayin'.

I'm also not quite sure what your central point is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Food for thoughts:

From the early Christian era (30 to 325 CE), marriage was thought of as primarily a private matter, with no uniform religious or other ceremony being required. However, bishop Ignatius of Antioch writing around 110 to bishop Polycarp of Smyrna exhorts, "t becomes both men and women who marry, to form their union with the approval of the bishop, that their marriage may be according to God, and not after their own lust."
    and then............
    As part of the Protestant Reformation, the role of recording marriages and setting the rules for marriage passed to the state, reflecting Martin Luther's view that marriage was a "worldly thing".
    ohh. look....
    Various types of same-sex marriages have existed, ranging from informal, unsanctioned relationships to highly ritualized unions.

While it is a relatively new practice to grant same-sex couples the same form of legal marital recognition as commonly granted to mixed-sex couples, there is some history of recorded same-sex unions around the world. It is believed that same-sex unions were celebrated in Ancient Greece and Rome, some regions of China, such as Fujian, and at certain times in ancient European history.
    Apparently, the human race faces the topic for thousands of years.
    Which leads me (mind you, I am as straight of a man, as it possibly gets) to the conclusion, that once again it shows how far we've actually evolved into modern humans in a high tech era, and at the same time a millions of us keep missing the bus on personal evolution.
    The question at hand is.. for what?
    What's in there for yourself?
    What do you gain from fighting it in the first place, other than being probably homophobic?
    Religious reasons? You cannot be serious about that... Following doctrines that have been put in place by fanatic bishops, and or popes who had no higher intention than power, worldly power. I'm not saying to believe in God is a mistake. I am not saying God doesn't even exist. I believe in God. However, I am not an idiot, and know very well that the Bible is in large but a reflection of power shifts throughout the history of it's existence. It's been altered hundreds of times, to fit the needs of the lords in power. Yet, today are people who not only follow those propaganda doctrines, but also manage to misread the messages the Bible holds for everyone.

I feel sorry for such people.

Leave the gay people alone. They don't go out and protest the elimination of marriage altogether. Which would be the logic consent.
    Equality.... If you deny them to be married, why should it be granted to you?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the firing squad when you need one....

Deleted
    "Yes, I support traditional marriage. A union between one middle-aged man and a 13-year-old girl for a dowry of eighteen cows."

10+ Year Old Account
    At least we know one positive thing that'll work in the French gay community's favor; The protestors are French. They will inevitably give up and go home.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Stupid people all over the world it seems!
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Another stupid protest. Honestly, I can't see how it would affect them so imo they shouldn't care.
    The bill should be passed, otherwise they might as well start discriminating against other things too (not that that is my opinion, I consider literally everyone equal no matter what, just saying :P)

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Good to see that there are still some people in Western Europe which are not brainwashed by leftist & gay propaganda.
    What do their numbers have to do with their purpose? Unless you're saying that because gay people are a minority that it's ok to treat them unequally.

OT: I laughed pretty hard at "That's the way it is and we can't go against nature." Last time I checked society is built on things that are unnatural like automobiles, power plants, and social contracts like marriage.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

I am more disgusted how many of you guys reply on the topic at hand, really... it's a minority peacefully voicing their opinion and while reading I noticed these comments;
    "<snip> just nuke Paris while we have the chance."
    "I hope the police gets really violent with these people."
    "Religious assholes."

My gripe is not on the agenda at hand but how when someone else voices their opinion in a peaceful way, there is always someone that writes these kind of comments and these simply don't fit in a thread like this, at all.

Just a response to Jeavline "Marriage is a religious thing" comment. Actually marriage is more than religious, you have benefits when you are married, among others financially. Actually I think it's more for the benefits now than ever, the religious aspect is more actually tradition - anyway, my point was simply that marriage is not only a religious thing, hence why people want to fight for their rights, to get access to benefits given to married couples and I can understand that.

I'd like to add this clip, I find it suited and explains the issue on why gay marriage should be allowed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCFFxidhcy0#t=1m35s
    She has a point, I agree with her. The video is a bit long but if you truly want to understand or care, you will watch it, if you close it and keep saying what ever you usually say against gay marriage then you simply are not looking for a way to understand, but rather just want to argue and you should rethink your stance on this issue.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2012-11-18 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Added video part after request via PM.

Deleted
    I have never understood why it's the governments business to get involved in the affairs of a couple, be it man&woman, man&man, woman&woman.

If someone wants to get married, let them get married.

You can call it w/e you like, can call it a partnership, a seal, a coupling... Whatever, I don't understand how things like this make themselves into laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Good to see that there are still some people in Western Europe which are not brainwashed by leftist & gay propaganda.
    Care to elaborate with us?
    Frankly, your sentence alone sounds rather uhmmmm.... uneducated?

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Oh yes, I'm very aware of that. I was just pointing out that they were ignorant to what rights were being referred to, despite an example being right in front of them.
    Yeah. I brainlagged and quoted the wrong post. Fixed it now. Apologies
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    I have never understood why it's the governments business to get involved in the affairs of a couple, be it man&woman, man&man, woman&woman.

If someone wants to get married, let them get married.

You can call it w/e you like, can call it a partnership, a seal, a coupling... Whatever, I don't understand how things like this make themselves into laws.
    Because someone decided to toss legal benefits on to marriage.

It is good that there are still sane people in Europe.