Deleted

Rogue tanking on Garalon

A part from the little guide on Icy veins, anyone got some advices, as prolly im goin to be a tank on that boss?

Deleted
    Remember that your dps is secondary...!

That's the single most important piece of advice I can give you. Sacrifice as much dps as you have to in order to survive; Your dps doesn't matter too much! The remaining dps will handle the fight without issue, as long as you keep taking the AOE-cone. As for more specific tips:

- Spec into Elusiveness
    - Keep enough energy for a Feint at any given time
    - Feint every cone-attack, and during high spikes of damage, maintain Feint for as long as possible.
    - Spec into Combat; You may not be the best dps'er on the meters, but you can still get some sweet (o' so sweet...) cleaving action going from the front legs
    - DON'T EVER LEAVE THE FRONT OF THE BOSS

And that's pretty much it. Stay in front of him, Feint when you see damage incoming, cleave the legs, champagne.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Remember that your dps is secondary...!

That's the single most important piece of advice I can give you. Sacrifice as much dps as you have to in order to survive; Your dps doesn't matter too much! The remaining dps will handle the fight without issue, as long as you keep taking the AOE-cone. As for more specific tips:

- Spec into Elusiveness
    - Keep enough energy for a Feint at any given time
    - Feint every cone-attack, and during high spikes of damage, maintain Feint for as long as possible.
    - Spec into Combat; You may not be the best dps'er on the meters, but you can still get some sweet (o' so sweet...) cleaving action going from the front legs
    - DON'T EVER LEAVE THE FRONT OF THE BOSS

And that's pretty much it. Stay in front of him, Feint when you see damage incoming, cleave the legs, champagne.
    Thank you so much!

well i managed to pull 100+k dps as tanking rogue even at high spikes of damage i was never even near death you have to trust your healers :> elusiveness is mandatory on this fight
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    well i managed to pull 100+k dps as tanking rogue even at high spikes of damage i was never even near death you have to trust your healers :> elusiveness is mandatory on this fight
    So as offhand poison? a part the leeching i cannot find one that is good.

offhand poison doesn't matter on this fight since deadly is combined with instant poison
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Offhand poisons are generally useless for raiding. They have slight uses on add-heavy fights, like Will of the Emperor (I usually Crippling-Shiv the shield add) but apart from that, they all pretty much suck. Leeching would be mandatory, if it didn't cost us Elusiveness, which is simply better than any passive healing effect I can think of.

So far, I haven't found a single instance where Leeching Poison was better than Elusiveness. Elusiveness is just too strong a talent for raiding.

You wont have leeching as you will want elusiveness.
    something to add to what Incineration said
    glyph of CoS works agaisnt the cleave
    Evasion works against the cleave (you can dodge it and he still dosnt get a stack of fury)
    Combat readiness is kinda weak (10% then 20%) but works against it
    preparation resets all of the above.

i was able to have a CD of sorts up for like 75% of the cleaves, while feint/elusiveness was up for -all- of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure to target the front legs when trying to cleave; the damage bonus is NOT working off cleave as advertised (damage on the leg is not doubled if targeting the boss from within a leg-aura distance) at the moment (tested this past Thursday), assuming you're tanking to get some extra damage out. You just won't be using a utility poison.

Incineration really covered it pretty well already.