New Player. Got a Question.

Hello.

I just started playing SWTOR now that it's f2p.

I have a question. (would have asked on the official forums but I can't for some reason. f2p?)

In instances when a good/evil choice is made by someone in the group it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect anything outside and you can do the instance as many times as you like. I get this.

But I have done quests out in the world that I've had the choice to kill someone. If I was in a group with a friend how would this choice go down?

If I wanted to spare the NPC. Would my friend be able to pick the option to kill them?
    because you can't do the quest twice like instances I wouldn't feel good about doing something I wouldn't have picked myself.

also do you both need to be on the same quest at the same time to be invited to the cut scene?

I was thinking of helping a friend level up in the starter zone. Would I be able to get into the cut scenes with him if I don't have the quests or not?

I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

Thank you.

For choices on quests out in the world, it works similiar to dungeons. if one chose evil the other good. One of you will win and that will happen in the cutscene. If you chose evil and he good. And he wins. it wont affect your evil gain. You will still get the points.

As for leveling with a friend. On zones you need to enter to see cutscenes and such. The person with the quest need to enter first and then the zone is opened for the others in his party, even if they dont have the quest. If you are the same class. you need to turn on in options to allow 2 of the same class to enter story quests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnkozuki View Post
    Hello.

I just started playing SWTOR now that it's f2p.

I have a question. (would have asked on the official forums but I can't for some reason. f2p?) - Forum access to subs only

In instances when a good/evil choice is made by someone in the group it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect anything outside and you can do the instance as many times as you like. I get this.

But I have done quests out in the world that I've had the choice to kill someone. If I was in a group with a friend how would this choice go down? You both make a choice, and there is a roll. the highest roll wins, but you get dark/light side points based on what you choose not what is done

If I wanted to spare the NPC. Would my friend be able to pick the option to kill them?
    because you can't do the quest twice like instances I wouldn't feel good about doing something I wouldn't have picked myself. See above

also do you both need to be on the same quest at the same time to be invited to the cut scene? Yes

I was thinking of helping a friend level up in the starter zone. Would I be able to get into the cut scenes with him if I don't have the quests or not? Only thing I can't answer sorry

I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

Thank you.

See Blue bits

Thank you for the replies.

So I wont get dark side points if I'm playing light side. But the NPC character will still die in my game. I guess it really doesn't matter if you never see the characters again anyway.

I was also told by someone in game that if you're not on the quest but in the group you can see the cut scenes as a spectator. Watch but don't roll.
    Is this correct?

Thank you again.

It depends if it is a class story quest or a regular quest.

If it's a class story quest, only the player on that quest makes choices. The other person just watches. For example, if a Jedi Knight and a Smuggler have teamed up and are doing a Jedi Knight quest, only the Jedi Knight makes choices.

If the two are doing a normal quest, both make a choice, and one outcome is chosen with the roll. The outcome happens for both players, but each player gets Dark Side/Light Side points from the choice. For example, the Jedi Knight chooses to spare the enemy (Light Side), but Smuggler shoots her (Dark Side). The game rolls, and the Smuggler wins and shoots the enemy. The enemy is dead for both players, but the Jedi Knight still gets LS points, while the Smuggler gets DS points. However, for normal quests, this usually doesn't make a big difference in the long run.

For class quests, if it's two of the same class, you basically have to do each class quest twice. Each player gets to make their own choices for their own class quest.

So I would only be able to watch the dialog from class quests? not normal quests if I don't have the quest?

I guess I'll find out myself later when I try it in game.

Thank you for all the replies.