10+ Year Old Account

Heirloom Recovery help...

Hey all. I started a new rogue last night obviously equipping all my heirlooms but couldnt find the legs anywhere on any character so somehow i must have deleted them for some reason :/ So i went to the restore page as the GM in my ticket told me to and the heirlooms didnt show up in the item search!
    Anybody else had this problem or know how i can fix it? cheers

buy a new pair

Deleted
    sadly so blizz have already stated if it isnt on the list you aint getting it back because they cant verify it if it isnt on said list. That list is basicly the list the CS rep used to have to look through when he answered your ticket. all theyve done is made you do the leg work to look. Double and triple check to make sure you havent missed it in the many pages of vendor trash but if it aint there yer only option is to purchase it again

Deleted
    Are you sure you even bought them at first? And install addon named Altoholic, you can search items from all your toons and their banks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    buy a new pair
    That may be your only option. They aren't too expensive and it's not like they cost JP. It's probably easier to just buy some than go through all the hassle of GM tickets.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

For the future my advice is to use a bag addon which monitors all of your characters' inventory. Altaholic works but is very bloated. I'd recommend Bagnon + Bag Brother or Bag Sync.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on when you deleted it. There's a 90 day limit on epics (non epics have an even shorter limit) so if it was longer than that there is no way to get it back and you'll need to buy a new pair.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Are you even sure you had legs?, seeing as they were just introduced w/ MOP!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar thing happen once where I had two one handed maces I was going to use to level a new shaman however when I went looking for them I couldn't find them anywhere and realized they must have been on a very low level paladin bank alt I had deleted (this was before they added the function that won't let you delete if you have heirlooms on a character).

I also ticketed a GM and they did a search for me but ultimately told me that they couldn't even find a record of the character I was talking about let alone the items themselves so I never did get them back.

Your best option is probably just to suck it up and buy a new pair of pants. :P
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2012-11-18 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Shouldn't post before coffee

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your replys. I got a near instant reply from a GM (shocked!!) and i now have them back as i stupidly vendored them...

Deleted
    Near instant? In EU we have to wait like a week for an answer...

Quote Originally Posted by bmiara View Post
    Near instant? In EU we have to wait like a week for an answer...
    Looking at OP's location I'd say he's also playing on EU servers, I know that ticket times on US servers are also about a week. Nice to know blizz has their priorities right... (not)

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

I had a similar situation arise when I got stationed overseas, I wasn't prepared for the move and a few of my heirloom items were in a mailbox on a toon during the move. Once I got settled, and started to get back into the game.. They had disappeared, but since I couldn't give them specific enough directions, they told me that they could not help..

US servers. I hope it doesn't end up that way for yourself, good luck to you.