Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    This is basically the reason it is a ´holiday´.. almost everyone has the friday after Thanksgiving off. Most people the Wednesday before also.
    Where does one get a job like that? No where I've ever worked has been that way

I for one have every holiday and weekend off and I don't work retail. I will also be one of those people shopping on black friday. Why all the hating on people who have money and time to spend on black friday.

Black friday logic:

This product is worth 500$. Let's sell it at 1000$ and apply a 50% discount! Genius!

What amaze me is that people think they are clever and somewhat pay the product less than it worth. They just take less profit and sell more.

They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    i just order online , no people running you over

they need to bring the police in to keep black friday under control in some places. o_O

Would it cut down on the insanity if we had more like...3 of these during the year? Or heck, one a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a pretty good line at the Best Buy near my house. About 15 or so people... talk about an exciting week...

I go to stores on black friday, but you don't need to stand in line really unless you want something that has a low limit like a TV, console, or computer. Other things on sale like blu rays, clothes, video games, ect have a large supply and you can just go store to store seeing what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Well obviously most people don't act like that. However the point is that Black friday brings out the crazy people who would literally step on others to get a sale. Chances are if someone is camping outside of a store for a whole week they are one of the crazy people. (which is who I am talking about if you read the title of the post).
    Yeah sure, it does happen but not nearly as much as people want to think it does. I've worked retail over the holidays. Hell we opened Thursday night. I would work for about 5 hours then we would close the store and set up for the black friday opening at 4 am. Made for one hell of a 24 hour work day. It's a hell of a time, but BY FAR most people are just fine. I won't say they are calm because it's not a calm event but I've NEVER seen anyone trampled. I know it happens, just not that often.

Also, the people that camp out for a week aren't crazy. It's just what they enjoy to do. Have you spent anytime with people who do it or do you just ridicule them as you drive by? They typically aren't die hard shoppers in a zen like state of concentration. They are more of the tailgater type of crowd. For the most part just enjoying themselves doing something different.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!