Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you still find Mists of Pandaria childish?

Now almost 2 months into the expansion, after having quested through the zones, seeing the land of the Pandaren, seeing the Mantid, the Mogu and the Sha and fighting them in dungeons and raids, do you still find MoP to be childish?
    Last edited by mmoc2222b8def1; 2012-11-18 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally do.

I mean seriously, the Sha are like big black spiky, smoky seseme street characters. And the mantid are so cute and huggable (if they don't impale you.) Oh and themes of war, violence and dark emotions are a good fit for 5 year old children. I read my children Lovecraft every night before bed. They love it. And stay awake in fear for hours crying.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I never found it any more or less childish than any other expansion so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I never found it any more or less childish than any other expansion so far.
    This! /10chars

I didn't find it childish in the first place.

People pretty much just used that excuse because they had no other reason to hate it.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I totally do.

I mean seriously, the Sha are like big black spiky, smoky seseme street characters. And the mantid are so cute and huggable (if they don't impale you.) Oh and themes of war, violence and dark emotions are a good fit for 5 year old children. I read my children Lovecraft every night before bed. They love it. And stay awake in fear for hours crying.
    i like this response a lot

the only childish thing in my opinion is the chen stuff however i dont say childish as in its bad because chen is my favorite character and his questlines are my favorite but its childish in the "LETS GO HAVE AN ADVENTURE LI LI WOOHOO FIGHTIN AND BEEER RAWR" but thats the charm of those characters and i love them for it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I only find Valley of the Four Winds ridiculous, but never thought the expansion is childish. Not more than the other ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but no more than rest of the warcraft story and I don't consider that a bad thing.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Now almost 3 months into the expansion, after having quested through the zones, seeing the land of the Pandaren, seeing the Mantid, the Mogu and the Sha and fighting them in dungeons and raids, do you still find MoP to be childish?
    totally do i mean cmoon all those monkeys talking about dookers

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I never thought it was childish in the first place so I don't have any reason to now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was never childish, will never be, just as the other expansions. Just the same as we have gnomes with pink pony-tails and fluffy taurens, the same we can have pandarens. It is a fantasy game and that's it.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Deleted
    I did not find it childish and I still don't.

However, I now think that pandaren and mogu really don't fit in azeroth.
    Each time I see a pandaren in Dalaran, I'm like WTF?!!
    They seem so out of place.
    I mean, they're not bad per se, just completely out of place.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I didn't find it childish in the first place.

People pretty much just used that excuse because they had no other reason to hate it.
    Wheras now there's a lot of reasons to hate it.
    (well not a lot, but some serious ones)

Deleted
    Never thought it was childish, but the Hozen sometimes piss the crap out of me with their overarching queering.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There are things that annoy me, like the Hozen talking, like the Grummles - but it is not like we didn't have stupid / fun stuff in the other x-pacs. Oh yeah..and the sprites in Mistfall Vilage (the ones stealing beer and setting fires) are more annoying than murlocs ever where....

Over all I never thought MoP would be childish and that still holds
    orkin wikket gabbin ur goober like a jibbidy dook i oughta ook you right in the dooker for how you gabbin and knowses what? NO NIBS FOR YOU ME GONNA TAKESEM ALL THE NIBS THEN IMSA GONNA OOK YOU IN DA JERB
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think it's a great expansion with a lot of good stuff. I like the whole Sha stuff and the raid instances are very good quality.
    Do I still find Pandas childish? Absolutely, I think they're the most retarded things Blizz has ever put into WoW. The simple fact that the Pandaren were an April's Fools joke a few years ago says it all.
    Does it affect my enjoyment of the game? Not really.

Okay, I really hate the Hozen and those Grummle guys too. And the whole Stormstout Brewery is just a massive facepalm, it's like it was designed by heavily stoned devs. ALE-MENTALS LOLOL.

After an expansion of undeads and an expansion where the whole world was about to be destroyed by a crazed lava dragon, this kinda feels a bit off.
    Last edited by nevermore; 2012-11-18 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never did. Not any more than any of the previous expansions anyway.

The grummles annoy me a bit, though. I'll tell you where you can stick your bloody luckydos...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The pandaren still look extremely stupid and childish. I really dislike the whole furry thing so I doubt I'll ever be able to change my mind about it.

A lot of the people I've come across that are new to WoW and only just started playing with MoP are younger people too... so I guess Blizzard's attempt to grab the attention of a younger audience worked.

Pandaren feel very out of place in Azeroth. People who played WC3 and got shown this probably would've groaned in disgust and disbelief.

Pandaren should've been kept a rare and mystical race. Now there's fucking gummiebears everywhere.
    They are always hauling in younger players. Players that are 18 now were 10 when WoW launched.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Now almost 3 months into the expansion, after having quested through the zones, seeing the land of the Pandaren, seeing the Mantid, the Mogu and the Sha and fighting them in dungeons and raids, do you still find MoP to be childish?

feels abit like being in a animated disney movie so far specialy with the fourwinds zone.

Deleted
    Only the Hozen and the Pandas. Everything else is cool.