Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    793-1066 AD but I'm not sure what that has to do with the post you quoted.
    When was the last war in eastern Asia, again?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Technically there's one there right now but that does make it's history off limits.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-11-19 at 03:43 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Do you suppose anyone out there thinks the MoP expansion is too adult themed and therefore wouldn't appeal to 14 year olds?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I can play this game too: When was the last time White People sailed across the ocean and tried to force the natives off their land?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    People who played WC3 and got shown this probably would've groaned in disgust and disbelief..
    I've been playing Warcraft since Orcs and Humans, played WCII Battle.net edition a fucking lot and WC3 even more.
    I've read most WC novels, so from both gameplay, lore and style PoVs I can safely say that I know the Warcraft universe really, really well.
    And I think that the Pandaren fit perfectly into it, actually I have been wondering where Pandaria was since it was first mentioned by WC3 pandaren units. The Mogu, the Mantid, the waters of the Vale, the Sha, pretty much everything has strong connections with pre-existing lore.

Never did think it was childish and still isn't, I feel this expansion is by far one of the best, I stopped playing wow for a while during cata and now im playing everyday I love it again

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    Do you suppose anyone out there thinks the MoP expansion is too adult themed and therefore wouldn't appeal to 14 year olds?
    Do you suppose anyone though that about any of the previous expansion packs?

When nowadays kids are playing shooters and survival horrors, no game is for adults. In fact, our society tends to think of videogames as an enterainment for children and teenagers.

And, to be honest, it doesn't matter. Decisions based on what others might think don't lead to nothing but a lack of personality and many missed opportunities.

I like the theme and the story (much less stereotypical than, for instance, the Lich King's), I still like the cartoony graphics. And I like most of the content, even if some things could have been done differently.

So my answer is: I don't find MoP half as childish as the average "realistic" shooter.

It never was childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more childish than the game was before.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

The pandas, yes. The content, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Deleted
    Mists of Pandaria IS childish. Then you can enjoy it nonetheless, you can enjoy it SPECIFICALLY for that, it's all fine. But don't even try to deny it.
    Show 5 minutes of it to anyone who is not a WoW fan and he/she will tell you that it IS childish, no doubt. That's how it is. Try to cope with it. There's nothing wrong with still enjoying it, nothing, but please stop trying to prove it isn't, it's just absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Mists of Pandaria IS childish. Then you can enjoy it nonetheless, you can enjoy it SPECIFICALLY for that, it's all fine. But don't even try to deny it.
    Show 5 minutes of it to anyone who is not a WoW fan and he/she will tell you that it IS childish, no doubt. That's how it is. Try to cope with it. There's nothing wrong with still enjoying it, nothing, but please stop trying to prove it isn't, it's just absurd.
    What is arguable, though, is that you could say the same for the previous expansions. Some people complain as if the game had changed its mood completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Hmm? I am pretty sure I could easily think of, oh, 40 or 50 minutes worth of 5 minute segments of Mysts gameplay that would be pretty much completely indistinguishable from a 5 minute segment of gameplay in any other expantion or zone. Mysts itself is not any more inherently childish then any other expantion has been, except to the people who cant get past "zomg pudgy pandaz" as a race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Childish was never the correct word to describe it. Though, the addition of pandamen who practice kung-fu and a pokemon-like mini game makes a strong case for catering to a newer younger generation. But, none the less, my opinion two months in has worsened by a substanial margin, perhaps to the point where I'm strongly considering walking away till the next expansion pack or for good. Social ties will only keep me plugged into WoW for so long.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-11-19 at 02:17 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even the "childish" stuff like Shen and Valley aren't so much childish as humorous, I truly enjoyed that entire storyline as it was a break from the norm.

And even so, the end of Valley/Kara gets pretty dark, part of me legitimately got choked up when I saw all the people I had helped show up to save stoneplow.

Deleted
    Childish isn't the word.

When MoP got announced, I immediatly felt it wouldn't please me, and it didn't. I don't hate it either, but it just feels too different to me. (Even though I usually welcome change with open arms)

To be fair, I didn't really like vanilla, when it was more about the Horde/Alliance conflict, and I still don't like it. I always had the most fun when fighting against the legion, or the scourge, including in the original WCs. But it's just me, and I can totally understand some people like it. (Or hate it)

Honestly, everyone who knocks on Mysts for being childish really aught to read over the famous quote by C.S. Lewis and take a good hard look at themselves:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

Why are you so afraid to be seen playing a "childish" game?

Childish..? Not so much.

Just ridiculously stupid and way off base to what hooked me to the game originally.
    It came to the point where there was no way I could support that kind of continued development after cataclysm.

After 6+ years it was clearly time to move on.
    Some parts might be Ok or even great but the overall game is severely lacking.

I think WoW in general is childish. The game is holding your hand the whole time. But I still enjoy it.

I don't think MoP is childish on it's own. It's not like the panda's are hugging you 24/7 or something and those sha's look pretty evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Honestly, everyone who knocks on Mysts for being childish really aught to read over the famous quote by C.S. Lewis and take a good hard look at themselves:
    Smart people use their own brain and form opinion based on observation and judgement, others resort to quotes from smart people and don't think for themselves.

you cannot even spell properly.

Keep it civil, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-19 at 04:13 PM.